Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Guest JTS98

I've never been overly pessimistic, but I think last night is the one that sunk us. Even a draw and I'd have been relatively optimistic.

It's not over yet, but I can't see us puling it off now.

Frankly, a thoroughly deserved relegation which should be a source of massive shame for all in management or executive positions at the club.

Edited by JTS98

Quite scandalous that a club with Hearts financial advantage over so many will very likely find themselves relegated.

The most expensive relegated squad in the Scottish top league by some distance ever.

I was really surprised last night at how poor Hearts were. Despite us having three of our best players injured, forcing players to play out of position, and the players looking completely done in at the end, I don't think Hladky had a save to make. I reckon the only things that could save Hearts are Açcies getting their entire team sent off, County's defence and Saints having to field a reserve team. Next two games are massive, lose them both and I can't see Hearts surviving. 

Out of interest, do Hearts fans still think Stendel is doing a good job?

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

I was really surprised last night at how poor Hearts were. Despite us having three of our best players injured, forcing players to play out of position, and the players looking completely done in at the end, I don't think Hladky had a save to make. I reckon the only things that could save Hearts are Açcies getting their entire team sent off, County's defence and Saints having to field a reserve team. Next two games are massive, lose them both and I can't see Hearts surviving. 

Out of interest, do Hearts fans still think Stendel is doing a good job?

The problems are deep-rooted and Stendel possibly underestimated the magnitude of the shit-show he was walking in to.

I still hope he can dig us out of it and kick us on once Budge and Levein are gone.

Guest JTS98
15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Plenty around Scotland, mainly Hibees,  pulling it off instead though.

All part of the rich tapestry of fitba. These things happen.

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I've never been overly pessimistic, but I think last night is the one that sunk us. Even a draw and I'd have been relatively optimistic.

It's not over yet, but I can't see us puling it off now.

Frankly, a thoroughly deserved relegation which should be a source of massive shame for all in management or executive positions at the club.

Draws are useless to us. If we go undefeated for the rest of the season - but draw every game, we're down. We have to go for it in every match, like it's a cup tie. Better to win one then lose the next. But we must start with a creative midfielder - i.e Irving - to make chances against teams that don't bomb forward against us. A Bozanic/Damour centre midfield pairing just about makes sense against Hibs or Rangers, but not St Mirren. Think Stendel will have learned, but time is running out, specially as Accies have now mutated into Barcelona.

Might all become irrelevant in view of current events. 

every day is worse than the day before

stendel isnt good enought, he doesnt improve the team in anything. he should go out

play worse (If it is possible), win less, without soul, without team

I repeat, where are his signings???

halkett is a shadow, slowly, erratic, dont strong enought, maybe after 2 good season with livi (one in championship) with a team which play long boals and everybody put together is good, but playing with spaces isnt.

incredible that this team, with this players is going to down. beetween 2 or 3 probably earn more than all hamilton team...

I have lost any hope of avoid relegation

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

An absolute minter that the club is going ahead with an awards ceremony. Should just be for the woman's side at least. 

When have Hearts under Budge ever missed the chance to mug the fans of money?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

When have Hearts under Budge ever missed the chance to mug the fans of money?

She's an auld Tory. Monetizing anything and everything is the name of the game with her kind. 

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/2378/HeartsHeritage/Hearts-1914-Memorial-Soldier-Maquette.html

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

She's an auld Tory. Monetizing anything and everything is the name of the game with her kind. 

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/2378/HeartsHeritage/Hearts-1914-Memorial-Soldier-Maquette.html

Aye, I wont start about how she treats away fans at Tynecastle, as that's well known by now.

She'll probably increase season ticket prices if you are relegated, with the sales pitch you're paying to see a title win.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I wont start about how she treats away fans at Tynecastle, as that's well known by now.

She'll probably increase season ticket prices if you are relegated, with the sales pitch you're paying to see a title win.

If we go down i expect she'll shuffle out a side door before the fans hound her out. Fitting end to her era in a way, that we would end up back in the Championship with 3/4 of the squad released. 

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It's all very well saying there are enough games to pull it back - the truth is I don't have enough faith in these players to win enough of those games to make a difference.

I'm still blaming it on Levein's recruitment, but there must be more to it than that. 

Its like Hibernian 2010 - 2014 or Sunderland 2013 - present. There is something wrong that runs deep. Its probably intangible for most managers to identify but it's a certain mental weakness amongst a group of players which makes a team so much worse than its parts.  

That and the players aren't very good. 

Edited by Falcor Roar

I think we have seen an improvement since Stendel came in. At least we try to win games now. We’re still not good enough and are, sadly, a different team playing in ‘big’ games against ‘ordinary’ games.
I’ve thought for a while we’d go down and I think that’s the final nail embedded now.
The awards ceremony will be cancelled I expect. Even if we stay up it should be tbh.