Heart of Midlothian 2014-

As nice as the idea of having FoH as sponsors is I think it sort of ruins the kit. It just looks a bit out of place.

Don't really understand us giving up on some valuable funding either.

Strangely this is one of the few kits that we've had where the blue Wonga logo wouldn't have looked totally out of place.

Edited by Duffy_

A bit underwhelmed by the away top but in saying that it would have taken something outstanding to even compete with the home effort which is a thing of beauty.

Heart's will have a manager in name only and also a puppet for you know who to play with, expect a formation of 4.5.1almost every week, unless he wants to play safe and go with 0 up top again. Long long season ahead the suffering is about to start.

Aye that one up top is really going to be a massive shocker for the hearts support.

In terms of the strip, i like the sentiment of the 'sponsor' but it would've been good if they could've just chucked it in a rectangular box or something.

Despite wonga being pretty decent to us in the past few years, i'm glad that big speech bubble is at least away from the kits.

Sorry, but that is just complete shite. Success is relative to resources. For Germany, success might be winning a tournament, while for Andorra it might be picking up a point in the qualifying rounds. Scotland are somewhere in between. For us to be in the top 13/16 performing nations in Europe would be a brilliant achievement given the pool of players we've had to choose from since '98. The fact that no one has managed it since then is testament to that, although you've bizarrely concluded that it's because all managers automatically become shite when they walk into the Scotland job. That isn't accepting mediocrity, that's accepting reality. Oh and we're 27th in the latest rankings actually - much higher than we were when Levein was punted.

Anyway, more to the point, when did I mention "success" in the first place? I think that was you. The fact is that these managers all did a better job than Craig Levein as Scotland manager, whether you think they "succeeded" or not.

To make an equally shite statement about club football:

"Success at club level IS assessed on winning league titles. MAJOR success is quantified by winning the Champions League. Almost all Hearts managers are equal in that regards. I don't give a toss how many times we've finished "best of the rest".

But go ahead and accept mediocrity. You probably think climbing from 7th to 3rd in the Scottish Premiership is a big "success" too :lol: "

You accept mediocrity in life, I don't. Lets move on.

That strip is fuckin dire. :o

Because they are all shite LAWLZ!

Obviously they aren't. Bit strange nobody is in for them though considering the amount of players interesting clubs down south and they could be snapped up for peanuts.

Any chance of having a normal footballng discussion instead of bringing kickback patter into it?

... build the new main stand... They could raise that fifty mill. #Romanovnotmad

They have got some young players though. Although I wouldn't take the word for it of a support that thought Calum Tapping was a player.

Best Hearts youngster is the boy who gave the penalty away at new year. He's got a massive future despite that mistake.

They have got some young players though. Although I wouldn't take the word for it of a support that thought Calum Tapping was a player.

Best Hearts youngster is the boy who gave the penalty away at new year. He's got a massive future despite that mistake.

Why bother selling? They will be worth more later, if they are decent.

Why bother selling? They will be worth more later, if they are decent.

If they are decent clubs would be interested now though surely? Suppose you never know how a player will develop after a couple of years in the second tier. I hope they make it.

Also, if Hearts sell - does the money go to Budge or the Foundation of Hearts? Sell a player for £1m and it goes a long way to fan ownership. Surely Anne wouldn't get the cash for herself?

Edited by BFTB

If they are decent clubs would be interested now though surely? Suppose you never know how a player will develop after a couple of years in the second tier. I hope they make it.

Also, if Hearts sell - does the money go to Budge or the Foundation of Hearts? Sell a player for £1m and it goes a long way to fan ownership. Surely Anne wouldn't get the cash for herself?

They have potential, but they are worth nothing now. Who is worth one mill?

Obviously they aren't. Bit strange nobody is in for them though considering the amount of players interesting clubs down south and they could be snapped up for peanuts.

Any chance of having a normal footballng discussion instead of bringing kickback patter into it?

If you look through most of my comments I enjoy a football discussion. I treated your first post with the disdain it deserved.

We don't have to sell them now, we couldn't afford to lose them last year as it would've meant playing 16 year olds instead! We can now tie our talent up on contracts that suit Hearts.

Same question could be asked of the hibs youngsters? Rumoured to be available for sweeties but no buyers?