Heart of Midlothian 2014-

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I'm not really erudite enough to give Marius a tribute.

All I can say is I know that in every single game he gave his all and captained us to the greatest Cup final win a team could have, whilst being an absolutely decent human being.

I'll miss him. 

Aye you are. 

Genuinely gutted about Zaliukas, a guy that overcame so much abuse and stick from people early doors.  Wrote off as another of "the Lithuanians" yet he showed the character to play his way into the role of captain, lead us to one of our greatest days and still be universally loved by his peers in a time our dressing room was incredibly fractured.  What a man, he'll be missed. 

The way the news broke as well, during a game against Hibs at Hampden felt eerily fitting.  That win was for him.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If Nisbet were to claim he missed that penalty because he was distracted by a ghostly apparition of Zaliukas doing the 5-1 gesture then I’d be inclined to believe his excuse

In fact I’m going to believe it even if he doesn’t say that

That's me convinced.

A bit of a late post with respects to the news of Zaliukas passing, but this is one of the best photos to do the rounds at the time on P&B and cracked me up everytime I saw it.1741075112_images-2020-11-09T232207_914.jpeg.36012030930a3072a82dac132eacaea6.jpeg

RIP big chap. 

Edited by Dee Man

• 2 weeks later...