Heart of Midlothian 2014-

This was always on the cards - Hickey's faither has been in his ear for months.

To be fair, you can see why you maybe wouldn't want your laddie to move abroad at this time, but a gig at a club like Bayern is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. 

He'll end up in the same glue factory as Soapy-tit-w**k.

Same as it ever was. 

Edited by paranoid android

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sounds like he’s turning down Bayern and Seria A to stay in Scotland. Oh dear, oh dear.

If that turns out to be true then... oh dear indeed. 

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Celtic fans or not they’d have to be fucking stupid to tell their son to turn down clubs like Bayern and Man city to sign for an SPFL Premiership team.

Hes got zero chance of ever playing for Bayern, so its down to whether you think training, and playing, for Celtic is better for his development than spending years training, and playing, for Bayerns B side.

Hes got zero chance of ever playing for Bayern, so its down to whether you think training, and playing, for Celtic is better for his development than spending years training, and playing, for Bayerns B side.
Because the Celtic coaches could get anywhere near the level of Bayerns right enough, nothing to do with his dad being a Celtic fan and trying to convince him.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Because the Celtic coaches could get anywhere near the level of Bayerns right enough, nothing to do with his dad being a Celtic fan and trying to convince him.

I doubt they could, but he'd run the risk of "doing a Gauld", and going from a promising young kid getting match experience every week, to guy in his 20s whos miles behind his peers in terms of match experience as hes spent the past four years effectively playing reserve games.

He'd be better spending time at a middle tier club, where he can still play regularly, and then jumping up to a top level club.

Given the choice I'd think a career path similar to Robertson (move to low end EPL/top end Championship side, move on to top level club) would be better than either Bayern or Celtic, tbh. If you strip away all top flight game time then you're holding them back.

I doubt they could, but he'd run the risk of "doing a Gauld", and going from a promising young kid getting match experience every week, to guy in his 20s whos miles behind his peers in terms of match experience as hes spent the past four years effectively playing reserve games.
He'd be better spending time at a middle tier club, where he can still play regularly, and then jumping up to a top level club.
Given the choice I'd think a career path similar to Robertson (move to low end EPL/top end Championship side, move on to top level club) would be better than either Bayern or Celtic, tbh. If you strip away all top flight game time then you're holding them back.
I agree but if the options were exclusively Celtic or Bayern it would be mental to go with Celtic, also dont think he would get in the Celtic team either, so not playing at Celtic or not playing at Bayern. Hard choice...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Or he could do a Billy Gilmour. 

How many senior games had Gilmour had before moving to Chelsea?

Its all about progression, IMO. Hickey needs to continue to play senior games now hes been doing it regularly.

Theres no doubt he'd become a better player at Bayern than anywhere else, but he'd likely lose years of his career there. 

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I agree but if the options were exclusively Celtic or Bayern it would be mental to go with Celtic, also dont think he would get in the Celtic team either, so not playing at Celtic or not playing at Bayern. Hard choice...

Alphonso Davies or Greg Taylor.

Quite clear where hes most likely to breakthrough.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How many senior games had Gilmour had before moving to Chelsea?

Its all about progression, IMO. Hickey needs to continue to play senior games now hes been doing it regularly.

Theres no doubt he'd become a better player at Bayern than anywhere else, but he'd likely lose years of his career there. 

What is wrong with playing games for Bayern II to progress his career? 

Alaba was still playing there at an older age than Hickey is. As was Schweinsteiger. As was Kroos. As was Muller. 

They've had not too bad careers. What does lining up against the likes of OHalloran or Seedorf give that these guys all missed out on? 

16 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Stupid question, was soutar injured before or after training was told to stop?

If he did it before then he knew he'd have a week off so he pushed himself too hard. Or if it happened after on his own; he would never have injured himself with the expert coaching available at Hearts. Either way its the SFA's fault.

Edited by LeodhasXD

If he did it before then he knew he'd have a week off so he pushed himself too hard. Or if it happened after on his own; he would never have injured himself with the expert coaching available at Hearts. Either way its the SFA's fault.
I did wonder as it was said to be running at riccarton.
After all the hoohah about training being cancelled I'd hate to think a player has been injured by not following rules and endangering the season

On 24/08/2020 at 02:02, Ceasar said:

In talks with former Ipswich and New Zealand  cap Tommy Smith as cover .

Smith's signed for Colchester tonight. 

He's actually an English lad but spent time out in NZ as a kid so opted to play for the all whites. Tommy's a family friend and he was always unlikely to sign for Hearts. His wife's pregnant and they opted to move back to the UK from Colorado Rapids to be closer to family. He's Ipswich based so was really looking to stay in the area although I did here he was very keen on coming north but had to put family first.