Heart of Midlothian 2014-

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Two months to go? Loads of time for training then.

I'm not too concerned about the training stopping for a week.  More concerned that the Premier league was allowed to continue despite players from two of the Premier league teams being too fucking stupid to follow simple instructions. 

Obviously It's all about the tv money.  

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I'm not too concerned about the training stopping for a week.  More concerned that the Premier league was allowed to continue despite players from two of the Premier league teams being too fucking stupid to follow simple instructions. 

Obviously It's all about the tv money.  

You do realise that most of the things that have happened are about money. Why else would pubs open? Why else would restaurants open? Why should football be different?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that most of the things that have happened are about money. Why else would pubs open? Why else would restaurants open? Why should football be different?

Folk were clamoring to get football really early on - as daft as folk are about football, it's hardly an essential service - certainly not as much as things like dentistry or even hairdressing.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but the major beneficiaries of having football on the telly will be folk like Rupert Murdoch - on a more local level, the main beneficiaries are likely to be the old firm - the TV contracts are built around them, which is why we have to suffer the tedium of playing each other four times a season.

The point is that it's not so much just about money - it's about lots of money for particular people. 

14 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

emoji16.png that would have been an improvement.

Still laugh/despair at the comment on his profile on the Man Utd website "former Reds boss Jose Mourinho has predicted his compatriot will become the outstanding Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation. "

Still laugh/despair at the comment on his profile on the Man Utd website "former Reds boss Jose Mourinho has predicted his compatriot will become the outstanding Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation. "
To be fair he was outstanding, just not dive saving or being any use whatsoever.
Hearts have had some decent keepers and some absolute howlers and I think he was the worst I am aware of and I include my favourite idiot kurskis in that list - his heads gone red card against us, taking place right in front of the away section being a particular highlight of his time at hearts

38 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

To be fair he was outstanding, just not dive saving or being any use whatsoever.
Hearts have had some decent keepers and some absolute howlers and I think he was the worst I am aware of and I include my favourite idiot kurskis in that list - his heads gone red card against us, taking place right in front of the away section being a particular highlight of his time at hearts

Kurskis was bad but Pereira easily the worst I have seen at Hearts. Was like a hologram playing in goal.

Reminded me of that guy you played with at 5s, who was a good outfield player but hated playing in goals and would let one in, so he could be back playing outfield 

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking like Hickey to Celtic, another young Scottish players career over before its started.

Going by Twitter, the two clubs are miles apart valuation wise. 

It would be crazy for him to move there if the other reported interest is true. 

Going by Twitter, the two clubs are miles apart valuation wise. 
It would be crazy for him to move there if the other reported interest is true. 
Really hope he doesn't it just shows the lack of ambition when a young Scottish player goes to either of the bigot twins.