Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Ha!

But seriously full time pro footballers train 52 weeks a year so they are fit.

Match fitness and team preparations are also essentials. OK. That takes time but what's needed will vary according to the team e.g if there haven't been many changes it won't take so long compared to a team which has brought in a number of new faces. 

Also starting team-work too early can make teams stale by league season kick-off so it's the responsibility of each club to figure out what's best for them and those decisions will vary under normal circumstances.

A point made earlier on this thread was along the lines of - if other Championship clubs are as prepared as Hearts are in terms of covid then why on earth prevent them from training in a responsible manner?

JRP and SPFL haven't got this right or they've allowed themselves to be pushed into this by the SG? It is one or the other.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Animated GIF

No, please dont. How would Scottish, nae world, football cope without Hearts?

Scottish football will collapse without Hearts obviously. There definitely is a lack of clubs willing to make up the numbers throughout the pyramid as well.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

The reason the top flight and Glasgow City can train is because they have imminent upcoming games and it would be a serious disruption to stop training for them.  Hearts' first game is on  October the 6th so there's no pressing need for them to be training right now. If they lay off training for a few days, there will be no tangible traced-back-to-August-14th training-related problems come kickoff.

It's a tradeoff between avoiding risk and avoiding unnecessary disruption. Just as having road traffic is risky, but the disruption to society would be too serious  for us to ban them outright so it's tolerated, the risk of having folk train is tolerated if banning it would have a big impact on ongoing competitive fixtures.

Is it not to do with the definition of 'Elite' sport in the roadmap, which loosely translates as 'top flight'? That's why the two rugby teams can still train too.

10 hours ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

It just gets worse every day from the SFA and SPFL and I'm quite frankly over it. We would be welcomed more in the english league than this shower of corrupt, Old firm pencil pushing w*nks that run the show. Its the same with the politics in this country. SNP is c*ltic and Torys is R*ngers.  We are stuck in the middle of a shit storm and seem to be the biggest culprits. Weird analogy yes but the whole country can get tae.

2lbgygj.gif.80ed2b1eb968e3fbc6650cbf631ba0ac (1).gif

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Scottish football will collapse without Hearts obviously. There definitely is a lack of clubs willing to make up the numbers throughout the pyramid as well.

Is it not to do with the definition of 'Elite' sport in the roadmap, which loosely translates as 'top flight'? That's why the two rugby teams can still train too.

Western Civilization shurely?

17 hours ago, Dev said:

Clubs, under normal circumstances, would be choosing when to start ahead of a league season and those start of training dates would vary in any case.

Is it suggested that all clubs must start pre-season training on the same date for each league or division? No. Of course not.

It may even be argued that players get stale if they start club training too early.

And under normal circumstances, absolutely no club would try to start pre-season training more than 2 full months before their first fixture. 

Under normal circumstances, that would be like saying 'right lads, it's the start of May, time to come back for pre-season training'.

Under normal circumstances, right minded supporters would be questioning why their club, during a period of financial uncertainty when they had been begging players for wage deferrals and are shipping out their big earners, would come back so preposterously early spunking over £100k in the process of doing so.

19 hours ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

It just gets worse every day from the SFA and SPFL and I'm quite frankly over it. We would be welcomed more in the english league than this shower of corrupt, Old firm pencil pushing w*nks that run the show. Its the same with the politics in this country. SNP is c*ltic and Torys is R*ngers.  We are stuck in the middle of a shit storm and seem to be the biggest culprits. Weird analogy yes but the whole country can get tae.

Nah,  you wouldn't.  Too much boycotts, court cases, threats, cringey statements, tears and snotters for them to welcome you. You should really try though. 

23 hours ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

Awkward Nene Leakes GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

On 14/08/2020 at 14:27, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

A deeply, deeply stupid post, from beginning to end.  As for the bit in bold, no, you quite clearly aren’t “over it” in the least.

But please do try to persuade Budge and her club to apply for inclusion in the English leagues. And bear in mind that IF accepted (though of course you won’t be) you’d start off in the bottom tier. Given the tears and spotters that dropping ONE division in Scotland generated, the seethe from Budge, club and all those custodians of the mighty Maroon Poond would be the most entertaining thing since the Keystone Cops hung up their truncheons.  Popcorn sales would go through the roof.

25 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A deeply, deeply stupid post, from beginning to end.  As for the bit in bold, no, you quite clearly aren’t “over it” in the least.

But please do try to persuade Budge and her club to apply for inclusion in the English leagues. And bear in mind that IF accepted (though of course you won’t be) you’d start off in the bottom tier. Given the tears and spotters that dropping ONE division in Scotland generated, the seethe from Budge, club and all those custodians of the mighty Maroon Poond would be the most entertaining thing since the Keystone Cops hung up their truncheons.  Popcorn sales would go through the roof.

Like i care if we start at the bottom. The hole of the country is so infested in Old firm nonsense I’d rather play non league football than spl. The prize money is probably better too. So yes I am over it now. Time after time this happens and it’s not a coincidence that it happens to us. 

1 minute ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

Like i care if we start at the bottom. The hole of the country is so infested in Old firm nonsense I’d rather play non league football than spl. The prize money is probably better too. So yes I am over it now. Time after time this happens and it’s not a coincidence that it happens to us. 

😄 “The hole of the country”, eh? Freudian slip, or what?? Personally my thinking is far from being infested with old/new firm nonsense, but I noticed that your post seems to be exhibiting the same sort of paranoia that their supporters so often do.  Watch out you don’t find yourself “infested” too.

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄 “The hole of the country”, eh? Freudian slip, or what?? Personally my thinking is far from being infested with old/new firm nonsense, but I noticed that your post seems to be exhibiting the same sort of paranoia that their supporters so often do.  Watch out you don’t find yourself “infested” too.

You’ll never be “infested” as you’ll never make it in the big leagues. A nothing club thanks for the 9 pts this season

2 hours ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

Actually wanted neil son to have good times with us then move to Scotland manager once Steve Clarke fails. Not now though. They deserve none of it

Who else is it that's done you wrong, maybe should compile a list of the bad-uns, so we can see exactly who the enemies are. 

1. SFA

2. SPFL

3. Hibs.(always on the list)

4. Craig Levein (surely, he is high up)

Just thought I would get you started