Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I liked Clare, always stuck up for him as I thought there was a player in there, quite disappointed he's going when he started to actually show it consistently.  That sad he's on a decent wage and we got a fee so it makes sense.  Good luck to him.

Guest JTS98
15 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Looks like some of the high earners are going first. The funny thing about this squad, is that with the exception of a couple of players, I don't really care who leaves. I have no affinity with them.

This is where I am. Couldn't care less.

In a general sense I'm obviously pleased we're shipping a few out though. We're going to be playing a 27-game season in the second tier. We don't need a huge squad and there is absolutely nobody in the squad who could complain about being emptied. Agree with the above post about Clare being a potential player and he may go on to do something elsewhere, but ultimately he didn't deliver. Same with Washington. Obvious ability but in time he's the kind of player a lot of us will just forget about.

Bobby Burns will be no loss. He's a trier and I have no particular problem with him. But I watch a lot of A-League and while he was far from a disaster for Newcastle, neither was he the type of player you'd be expecting us to move for if we didn't already own him. Indeed, going by this season's A-League showings, ex-Accies player Ziggi Gordon outshone Burns hugely and was a regular good performer in a poor Central Coast team. Nobody is clamouring for us to sign Ziggi Gordon. Burns was ultimately not good enough and best all round to move him on.

In a way I feel sorry for some of our players. They were signed by a dysfunctional club with a football operation that didn't know what it wanted them for. There's absolutely nobody in that squad that I would shed any tears over. We need a system and we need a much more streamlined squad.

While I have no issue seeing pretty much any individual moved on, my main worry is it is guys who were probably in the better performers category who are going first with Hickey and Clare and there are rumours guys like Smith and Uche could go too. I hope we have players lined up, because whether it's a poor league or not we'll need some proven quality as we can't afford to be relying on guys like Brandon and Moore.

Clare doesn't appear to have a footballing brain. His movement and awareness was terrible. An accusation I could level at most of the team to be fair. Better to move on, he might develop under a decent coach.

He seemed to play better when he didn’t have time to think.

On 07/08/2020 at 08:49, Tony Wonder said:

While I have no issue seeing pretty much any individual moved on, my main worry is it is guys who were probably in the better performers category who are going first with Hickey and Clare and there are rumours guys like Smith and Uche could go too. I hope we have players lined up, because whether it's a poor league or not we'll need some proven quality as we can't afford to be relying on guys like Brandon and Moore.

I was a wee bit concerned about this too, but my concerns were eased when we signed Craig Gordon - I'm less optimistic about Elliott Frear, mind.

Big year ahead for Brandon whether Smith stays or goes - I see we're being linked with Stephen Kingsley, who's recently left Hull City - that could suggest that we're not keen on White or Garuccio filling Hickey's position.

No disrespect intended, but the likes of Henderson and Moore aren't going to get us promoted - both did well under Stendel because they followed his instructions, but he's away now, so I'm still not convinced it was wise to give them both 2-year deals, even if they kind of earned it with their performances.  

Robbie saying he's looking to bring in wingers probably means it's curtains for Morrison.

We'll see, eh?

On 07/08/2020 at 08:49, Tony Wonder said:

I do think we have some decent players but we've also got a big, unbalanced squad with a lot of money tied up in it. We need to free up cash so we can supplement the decent players with some pace and mobility in midfield and down the wings. Players like Clare and Washingston, who are a) saleable, b) well-paid and c) don't really contribute enough to justify that pay are prime candidates to move on. On top of that, one doesn't have a position and one is a striker that barely scores, IMO those are both luxuries we can't afford.

As for Hickey, it's a shame we won't see him develop here but he isn't signing a new deal and £1.8m is potentially far more valuable than one more year of him.

I'd rather keep Smith but I'd be delighted if Uche left.

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Season ticket sales just went past 10,000

So Tynecastle is going to feel busy when we finally get to go back in.

That's very impressive for the seaside league.  Pity 4,000 of you aren't coming to Dens, we'll miss the maroon pound

ETA... last time I saw 4,000 Jambos at Dens, excluding Albert Kidd Day, was 1975. 3-2 the Dee for anyone that's interested

13 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

That's very impressive for the seaside league.  Pity 4,000 of you aren't coming to Dens, we'll miss the maroon pound

ETA... last time I saw 4,000 Jambos at Dens, excluding Albert Kidd Day, was 1975. 3-2 the Dee for anyone that's interested

Seaside league - check

Maroon pound - check

albert kid reference - check

Full house - that's a bingo!

Is that how you say it - 'that's a bingo'? ;)

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Seaside league - check

Maroon pound - check

albert kid reference - check

Full house - that's a bingo!

Is that how you say it - 'that's a bingo'? ;)

Lol, in all seriousness that's a great effort from your fans selling that number of STs with 2 months to go to the start of the season. The siege mentality between players and supporters could be the key to you skooshing the League this season. 

On 08/08/2020 at 13:29, paranoid android said:

I was a wee bit concerned about this too, but my concerns were eased when we signed Craig Gordon - I'm less optimistic about Elliott Frear, mind.

Big year ahead for Brandon whether Smith stays or goes - I see we're being linked with Stephen Kingsley, who's recently left Hull City - that could suggest that we're not keen on White or Garuccio filling Hickey's position.

No disrespect intended, but the likes of Henderson and Moore aren't going to get us promoted - both did well under Stendel because they followed his instructions, but he's away now, so I'm still not convinced it was wise to give them both 2-year deals, even if they kind of earned it with their performances.  

Robbie saying he's looking to bring in wingers probably means it's curtains for Morrison.

We'll see, eh?

Agree with that pretty much, I still like to think Morrison could do a job for us. Elliot Frear cannot be much better than him surely.

I like Henderson but Moore I’m not sure about, he’s merely a squad player at best.

Would Hearts have taken 4 points from the first two games of the premiership season? Unlikely

Will it hurt Robbie Neilson watching his old players strolling it whilst hes putting a set of jobbers through preseason?
Likely

Does it feel good seeing Dundee United in the Premiership knowing Hearts officials, players and fans are watching at home in a seething mess?
Most fuckin definitely

You're apparently after Jordan Roberts who used to play for us a few years back. We never saw too much of him because of injuries (he missed half of his only season with us due to a groin injury IIRC) but when he did play he looked quite useful. For some reason though Hughes never seemed convinced by the guy and he was in and out of the team before leaving the club. Might do quite well at this level.

ETA: And of course he scored this absolute Jimmy Ping against Motherwell.

Edited by RiG

11 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Would Hearts have taken 4 points from the first two games of the premiership season? Unlikely

Will it hurt Robbie Neilson watching his old players strolling it whilst hes putting a set of jobbers through preseason?
Likely

Does it feel good seeing Dundee United in the Premiership knowing Hearts officials, players and fans are watching at home in a seething mess?
Most fuckin definitely

Come on, it's was only Robbie Neilson.

Time to move on. :)

Likely

Calling the League with 8 games to go was dodgy but calling it after 2 games is just silly

12 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Likely

Most fuckin definitely

Funny you even thought about us to be honest, I see Dundee Utd as an irrelevance.