Heart of Midlothian 2014-

11 minutes ago, DC92 said:

What?:lol:

David  Wagner is the manager at Schalke.

The Edinburgh Evening News is reporting that fans of SV Meppen in the German 3rd Division have a petition to make Stendel the manager as "he likes a drink with the fans".

One of these rumours may be true.

Edited by Jackie Chiles

1 hour ago, Jackie Chiles said:

The rumours are that he advised Budge he was taking another job (Schalke according to the 'ITK' on Kickback) and so Budge moved for Neilson at that stage.

It did seem strange the announcement regarding Stendel only came today.

What is also strange, is us not taking at least a month to get a replacement in.

Schalke? I’m sure they’re fans will be delighted if they are into Kickback (whatever that is).

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:
19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
I would presume Nielson will give him a second chance at Hearts.

I personally think his main problem was confidence, looked like he was shitting it every single time he was on the ball.

He totally transformed our defence last season. I would easily have him back but I can't see it.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement, even in this summer of ridiculous statements.

Neilson 'surprisingly' returning means Stendel has to go. Well, aye. It normally works that way that you can't replace someone while they are still in a job and keep them both.

" I didn't expect to have to sack him but I also didn't expect a pandemic or for Robbie Neilson to chap my door and beg for a contract. I mean I couldn't say no to Robbie so Daniel you need to go. We can still be friends though?"

Mental.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

What's the story with Berra? I presume his loan with Dundee is finished but what now?

His deal ends in 2021 I believe, so he won't be making an erse of himself in the premiership anyways.

11 hours ago, Empty It said:
12 hours ago, johnnydun said:
I would presume Nielson will give him a second chance at Hearts.

I personally think his main problem was confidence, looked like he was shitting it every single time he was on the ball.

At that stage in a player's career they need more recovery time.

The one time that Levein actually rested Berra was for the first trip to Paisley, but then Halkett got injured and he ended up playing most of that game anyway.

If both Halkett and Soutar had been available or if Levein had trusted Dikamona then he could have been given a lighter workload. 

The one time that Levein actually rested Berra was for the first trip to Paisley, but then Halkett got injured and he ended up playing most of that game anyway.
If both Halkett and Soutar had been available or if Levein had trusted Dikamona then he could have been given a lighter workload. 
Yeah I forgot he was actually carrying a knock that game he was subbed on, it also doesn't help when every time he touched the ball the whole stadium was giving him pelters.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:
32 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Yeah I forgot he was actually carrying a knock that game he was subbed on, it also doesn't help when every time he touched the ball the whole stadium was giving him pelters.

He was shite before he started getting pelters and that's why fans started getting on his back. 

For what it's worth, I think he was hung out to dry by Levein as the main tactic seemed to be fanny around the back until we were under enough pressure that Berra had to punt it long up the park, usually to the linesman and out of play. 

If Souttar and Halkett stay then we shouldn't need Berra, I'd much rather see one of the prospects in the youth team come through if need be. 

I don't think he was much of a captain on the pitch towards the last few months of his time here either before going on loan.

Letting Daniel Stendel know he's been sacked by reading about his replacement in the paper.

Using the wages he waived due to the Corona lockdown to pay for a guy to take over his job.

The Hearts Human Resources Team really are some boys. At least Danny doesn't seem too miffed about it...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5731554/stendel-hearts-neilson/