Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I’d have put good money on The Caley swatting aside Dundee or Ayr with little problem over 2 legs and getting to the play off final.

Luckily for your pocket the season was called early then, cunto. 

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

In the two seasons he's had in charge from the start in this division, he's won the title by 21 points & 14 points, with a record points total in one of those seasons. In the top flight with Hearts he finished 3rd then left the following season when they were 2nd.

That was three and a half years ago and they've managed about five months of not being utter shite since.

I'm struggling to see what better manager than Neilson they could possibly have attracted. They were being linked with Neil McCann FFS.

Yeah that's all fair enough and he is obviously better than McCann. But I do believe his achievements this season have to be put in the context of having a very good budget, a class striker and no decent opposition. The side in second place were forced to sell their central defence in January and ended up with Kevin McHattie and Brad Mackay. That was what he was up against. His most striking achievement was perhaps building a runaway title winning side who were still rather unconvincing and shit to watch. United got passed off the park twice at the Recs 😁

His season with Hearts in the Championship was much more convincing (although at the same time Rangers and Hibs weren't actually very good). However as time went on that Hearts side became more cautious, like his United team was. 

Hearts are a mess but they are still a big club. They have enough cash to poach a manage from a Premier League club. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be hoping for an exciting appointment, someone who can use a season in the Championship to give the whole thing a boot up the arse, get positively back and build some momentum for the return to the Premier League. He'll win the Championship again but I'm not convinced Neilson is really that kind of figure.

I was a supporter of neilson so I am extremelly happy. probably was the only 2 years which we were a serius football team in the last decade

but if I was him, I never change premiership dundee united for hearts in championship.... moreover I think is easier finisth 6/8th in premier than 1th in champions

too much to lose, few things to win IMO

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Luckily for your pocket the season was called early then, cunto. 

And now unlucky for Dundee and Ayr that Hearts and The Caley are in the league next season.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And didn't we beat Dundee 0-2 at Dens  in January?

Possibly.  It's extremely rare that we don't beat Dundee or Ayr.  They seem to always shit themselves against us.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was really nice of Hearts today to advise their previous manager that, the day after the announcement of their new manager, he is being replaced. What a quality club.

Still, I bet Neilson was delighted to find he was the new manager when he saw it on the website last night.

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

That Stendel wasn’t spoken to before you read it on the website or bbc . The capital A is likely my fat fingers👇

It’s not as funny if you don’t use these Assumptions.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I have some Assumptions if the judge orders the HMFC thread out of here that most on here won’t find it funny 👌

I can totally understand that.  However, luckily for the majority of us of P&B who like a good laugh that is not going to happen. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was really nice of Hearts today to advise their previous manager that, the day after the announcement of their new manager, he is being replaced. What a quality club.

The rumours are that he advised Budge he was taking another job (Schalke according to the 'ITK' on Kickback) and so Budge moved for Neilson at that stage.

It did seem strange the announcement regarding Stendel only came today.

What is also strange, is us not taking at least a month to get a replacement in.

Edited by Jackie Chiles

I have some Assumptions if the judge orders the HMFC thread out of here that most on here won’t find it funny [emoji108]

Only if it were to be done by reconstruction otherwise they would simply start gleefully taking the piss out of Dundee United and telling them to stop moaning about it not being fair.

13 minutes ago, Jackie Chiles said:

The rumours are that he advised Budge he was taking another job (Schalke according to the 'ITK' on Kickback) and so Budge moved for Neilson at that stage.

It did seem strange the announcement regarding Stendel only came today.

What is also strange, is us not taking at least a month to get a replacement in.

What?:lol: