Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

The last point was what I took. “Hearts reject takeover bid” the report started then stated “no formal bid had been made”...it can’t really be both?

BBC changed it slightly this morning to say that an email was sent last week and Budge just said no as the intention was to transfer shareholding to FoH.

Not sure why this story has even emerged - it was never actually going to fly.

BBC changed it slightly this morning to say that an email was sent last week and Budge just said no as the intention was to transfer shareholding to FoH.

Slow news day I guess and “man sends email” isn’t much of a headline tbf

25 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You are right, I am an HSL contributor, so happy to educate you, even if you are nobodys mug.............

Pre Ron Gordon, new shares were created every time HSL bought them from the club which in turn increased the overall number of club shares and diluted everyone elses shareholding (obviously that means in particular Sir Tom Farmers holdings). 

When RG agreed to buy the club he has bought out STF existing shareholding and the remaining newly created shares that would have been earmarked for HSL. The purchase of those newly created shares is how he facilitated the immediate injection of £1.25 m in cash to the club.

HSL money is still collected and will still go to the club, but there will be no further dilution of Ron Gordons shares...............basically he wants to own what he paid for.

As an aside, I happen to think that the FoH work has been fantastic and you should no longer have the kind of lunacy and potential for liquidation that happened under Romanov.

However, your wee dig was about Hibs. You obviously think that a guy who is putting his own money into the club, and who spent his christmas day feeding the homeless at Easter Road is one of these guys that buys clubs with bank debt which is then loaded onto the clubs balance sheet - like Gillett and Hicks did to Liverpool.

To put your mind at rest, that has not happened, he bought STF shareholding with cash, injected cash directly into the club and paid off our bank debt. RG still has the largest holding of shares in Hibs, but not the 75% he would need to do something bonkers like sell the ground to a supermarket or developer - which is why I struggle with your quip that this "doesnt bode well".

Yes, that’s what I said. He’s ended the (Farmer) arrangement that allows HSL contributions to buy shares. I wouldn’t be happy with that if I was a Hibby. On a mission to get to 75% imho.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Guy tries to buy an interest in a football club, and is knocked back - that's a story.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The transfer of ownership hasn’t been completed yet so technically Budge still owns a majority share but FoH have now got enough cash in one place to buy her out.

I’ve not seen the contracts and I dropped out of law school so wouldn’t be qualified to professionally advise on them anyway

But my basic understanding is that as Ann Budge had undertaken the sale to FoH she would have difficulty selling to anyone else without the agreement of FoH.

I don’t doubt her when she’s quoted as saying she’d rather sell to the foundation than anybody else but I think the article may be implying that she has more choice in the matter than she does.

If the foundation were struggling to raise the funds in time then you couldn’t fault her for looking at other buyers

If Hamad Al Maktoum were to announce a wish to have his glorious maroon and white colours conquer new fields beyond horse racing then I reckon the Foundation members might vote to stand aside and let the sale happen.

But I think this is the BBC football department trying to spin a story out of very little in the absence of any actual football

I could live with the white star on Sheik Maktoum's maroon colours. It could maybe represent our one expulsion from the Premier League? But his colours also have white sleeves and I couldn't bear listening to Hibbies, from now until the end of time, about how they were "first to wear the white sleeves".

Edited by Pet Jeden

I could live with the white star on Sheik Maktoum's maroon colours. It could maybe represent our one expulsion from the Premier League? But his colours also have white sleeves and I couldn't bear listening to Hibbies, from now until the end of time, about how they were "first to wear the white sleeves".

They presumably would switch to red sleeves after his rival the Aga Khan bought them and the Champions League trophy would then shuttle back and forth along the tram tracks for years to come.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

The last point was what I took. “Hearts reject takeover bid” the report started then stated “no formal bid had been made”...it can’t really be both?

Yeah, it was a bit odd. Saying no offer had been made but Hearts had yet to respond - not sure how they can respond to a “non-offer”. 

Slow news day, if you ask me. 

Yeah, it was a bit odd. Saying no offer had been made but Hearts had yet to respond - not sure how they can respond to a “non-offer”. 

Slow news day, if you ask me. 

Hamilton would have sent their bank details over no questions asked. Boy should keep at it.

Looks familiar to an old Mita-sponsored strip from the late-80s

The tweets I seen were from the hearts collector chap (worth looking at his tweets to see such beauties like the white 80’s kit) then someone responded with the one posted above. Hopefully Umbro use it, looks lovely.

Craig Levein's last working day in the office today lads.  What are you boys doing to celebrate over 1000 games as a player / manager with nothing to show for it but a Tennant's Sixes medal?

Edited by TonyFerrino

5 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Craig Levein's last working day in the office today lads.  What are you boys doing to celebrate over 1000 games as a player / manager with nothing to show for it but a Tennant's Sixes medal?

Buying season tickets and upping FoH contributions on next week, that's how I'm celebrating

He was a great player, a good manager first time round, and a decent manager second time round - until the heart attack - but poor after that. Poor recruitment, not helped by AB's well meaning, but misguided, policy of paying players big basic wages with small winning and appearance bonuses. No wonder we had a squad full of "good players" who were injury prone and unable to get up for games against "wee" teams and unwilling to move on.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Buying season tickets and upping FoH contributions on next week, that's how I'm celebrating

You must be great fun at a party if thats how you celebrate............

36 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You must be great fun at a party if thats how you celebrate............

How do you Hibbys plan on celebrating his departure?

giphy.gif

Edited by Mr. X

Levein played in 21 of the 22 in a row so I might watch the documentary this weekend

For those who can’t spare the time there’s a highlights package here.

8 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

How do you Hibbys plan on celebrating his departure?

giphy.gif

What a career achievement, getting one over the mighty Hibs.  Is that it?

He can put that on his mantelpiece right enough.  

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Levein played in 21 of the 22 in a row so I might watch the documentary this weekend

For those who can’t spare the time there’s a highlights package here.

As above.