Heart of Midlothian 2014-

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

In the championship next season you should win every game, pack out the stadium every home game and come straight back up.
I know it’s unfair but that’s life.
It will be more exciting than it must have been this season.
Good luck

I don't think any stadiums are going to be packed out anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

In the championship next season you should win every game, pack out the stadium every home game and come straight back up.
Good luck

Packed stadium? Budge going to spend her court case money on 15k cardboard cut out Jumbos?

16 minutes ago, akuram said:

Good luck

When has a team ever won every game?!

Hearts certainly won't be doing that next season.

11 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Quite a measured statement from Budge. I assume keeping her powder dry for the inevitable GTF on reconstruction. Court action is going to be costly and protracted and I can't see an injunction being placed on the SPFL but Budge is going to be forced for appearances sake to placate the Gorgie mob.  

It's going to be less costly than relegation though, she says.

Which may be true but it's only less costly if they win. If they lose they have legal fees to pay for, no place in Premier League and potentially still no gate receipts.

That's a massive gamble to take if (when) it fails.

If they're willing to spend a fortune on legal fees, maybe they could offer to pay the membership fees of Brora and their Kelty namesakes so relegation gets cancelled? Imagine Hearts fans would settle for that scenario?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

35 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6-7

Disappointing Ann is still being taken along for a ride by the SPFL in regards to reconstruction which is unlikely to happen. Glad we've grown a bit more of a backbone and set out exactly what will happen if/when it's rejected.

Who would have thought it would be us, Heart of Midlothian Football Club, once thieves of Bosnian Pensions, that would save Scottish football. 😎

Well the reality is you're not saving Scottish football.You are trying to use the covid19 situation to escape free from a relegation you deserved on sporting merit .Scummy club.

For all the talk about "self-interest", pretty much any club in the position of Hearts or Thistle would be seething about being relegated with loads of games left when they could easily have got out of it. Any club in their position would be considering their options.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

For all the talk about "self-interest", pretty much any club in the position of Hearts or Thistle would be seething about being relegated with loads of games left when they could easily have got out of it. Any club in their position would be considering their options.

Of course they would be extremely pissed off.

Doesn't make the current situation any less amusing though. I'd expect a similar amount of pointing and laughing if it was us. Swings and roundabouts and all that. So live for the moment.

Oh and they were not going to get out of relegation "easily" given just how shit they were. They might have though.

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They should have considered getting more points on the board.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Doesn't make the current situation any less amusing though. I'd expect a similar amount of pointing and laughing if it was us. Swings and roundabouts and all that. So live for the moment.

Oh and they were not going to get out of relegation "easily" given just how shit they were. They might have though.

Yes I didn't mean they easily would have, meant that they could have. We will never know.

Just now, FTOF said:

I am not convinced any clubs would have gone about it as crassly and mob-handed as Hearts have though.  Everything from climbing into bed with Sevco to playing the "won't somebody please think about Partick!" card has been nothing short of undignified, selfish and wrong.  If Hearts had come out, put their cards on the table and said "we are unhappy about this, don't feel we deserve it, it will impact our finances by £xyz" we all would have had much more time for what they have had to say.

Tattie-bye-bye!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out Hearts! 

Just now, AberdeenHibee said:

I am not convinced any clubs would have gone about it as crassly and mob-handed as Hearts have though.  Everything from climbing into bed with Sevco to playing the "won't somebody please think about Partick!" card has been nothing short of undignified, selfish and wrong.  If Hearts had come out, put their cards on the table and said "we are unhappy about this, don't feel we deserve it, it will impact our finances by £xyz" we all would have had much more time for what they have had to say.

Tattie-bye-bye!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out Hearts! 

I agree.

The fact that Budge has made complete rip roaring James Hunt of herself and cosied up to the blue bigots scum, even more than usual, is the icing on the cake.

It's the fuckin hypocrisy that galls.. If they don't have reconstruction they'll take you to court. Do Partick and Stranraer no longer matter? And they don't have money to pay wages but they have money for QCs to sue the SPFL which includes all the diddy clubs that are on the verge of going under even though they are the 3rd richest club (copyright L Deans) in the League. So Hearts who are getting their just rewards for 4 wins all season are taking money from all the Clubs who are also losing out on the season finishing early.