Heart of Midlothian 2014-

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why?

The league is being reconstructed, hearts are safe.

The premiership have to vote 11-1 to change.

No way will half the teams vote for a reduction in tv money. Could be 200-400k per club drop if 2 new teams come in

21 minutes ago, flood said:

No way will half the teams vote for a reduction in tv money. Could be 200-400k per club drop if 2 new teams come in

If only there was some genius way to get around this problem such as keeping prize money exactly the same as it is at present for placings within the league system. 

If only there was some genius way to get around this problem such as keeping prize money exactly the same as it is at present for placings within the league system. 

Been trying to get a mate to understand this for about an hour now. A baw hair away from drawing him a picture.

Some folk

11 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
15 minutes ago, Mr. X said:
I can only imagine the relief in your wee Hibby face.  

If your imagination is that good you should try imagining 11 Premiership clubs voting to get less money.

You're probably right, just one more reason why our league is fucked.

I wonder who will win all the trophies next year.🥱

Edited by Mr. X

23 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Are the two new teams at the bottom of League 2 getting no money at all now? Also not convinced that Accies, County, St Mirren etc would go for this - instead of a guaranteed £1.125m for 12th in the Premiership next season, they'd now only be looking at £475k.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That's true, but it could be years before we meet you in the league again.:(

Probably best for you guys.

We're getting sick of soundly embarrassing you when the chips are down.

Ach I'm only joking - we never get sick of it.

1 hour ago, flood said:

Can't see that happening,  it'll get through.  A larger league would suit us tbf, more teams able to find safety away from the  relegation zone and it might be the boost that we need. 

1 hour ago, Baldie1980 said:

sorry bennet different reports everywhere,some people reporting that teams will be relegated

You can't relegate teams who haven't actually finished a whole season and still had a chance of climbing the table. 

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Are the two new teams at the bottom of League 2 getting no money at all now? Also not convinced that Accies, County, St Mirren etc would go for this - instead of a guaranteed £1.125m for 12th in the Premiership next season, they'd now only be looking at £475k.

What's the prize pot for next season? I've seen £32m somewhere, which would be an increase of £7m (28%). That would leave a fair bit of room to bump up the percentages positions 13 and 14 (and add money for positions 43 and 44 if that's part of it) while still representing a significant increase in cash on this season for all clubs.

Still, why would you vote for a 22/23% increase when you can have 28%? Now that the season's been resolved, there's zero incentive for most Premiership clubs to go for this, which is why Dundee's motivations are suspicious here. The only way league reconstruction had any chance was with a no vote, meaning clubs might have to compromise.

If Budge's track record is anything to go by she'll make an arse of these proposals anyway.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Well ok you would have to redistribute for the 43rd and 44th team in the system. How much percentage wise does the 42nd team get just now?  

It would also reduce the risk of those sides being relegated if the expansion is permanent. 

FWIW I don't think it will be agreed.

Edited by Falcor Roar

11 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

it still may happen,what happens if it's a no vote for restructuring,no promotions from lower down

Then hearts and a few others would feel pretty silly I guess. 

I'm assuming that Anne Budge is shrewd enough to have guarantees in place that it'll be supported.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Then hearts and a few others would feel pretty silly I guess. 

I'm assuming that Anne Budge is shrewd enough to have guarantees in place that it'll be supported.

You think that rangers would vote yes to help teams that voted against their instructions to do anything to avoid awarding titles?

Only needs one other team in top league to vote against. And it wont happen