Heart of Midlothian 2014-

19 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Off course the situation is unique but you can't just decide to end the season and relegate Hearts because it is the easy solution for giving clubs the money they desperately need just now.  24 points to play for and a team will have to spend at least a season in the championship just because it makes it easy for the authorities? If the spfl had the balls to show some leadership they wouldn't have passed the buck to the clubs.  Why not just give all the clubs an equal payment just now and the rest when we do get a chance to finish the season?  Are you just wanting us down because it took you 3 seasons to get back up?  

16 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Someone should break it to your board that Hearts fans want a refund for the tickets for the game that was supposed to be played at your ground.  It is only fair that your club refund fans for something they didn't get.  Agree?  If not, why not? 

14 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I understand why you want us down  we have only won four league games all season and two of them were against you.  Nothing wrong with shitting yourself mate...

Better than Mother Superiors.

gum.gif

54 minutes ago, Munoz said:

FWIW I don't think its remotely fair if Hearts are to be relegated,  but ............

gettyimages-1206599369-1024x1024.jpg

Will you guys be ditching that awful lederhosen strip next season?

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Will you guys be ditching that awful lederhosen strip next season?

Sincerely hope so, although it does look like a big black H on the front. It makes you wonder if we knew in advance about Hearts fate. 

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It isn't the only reason but yep, I think you def can.

Clubs don't want it dragging on into next season, messing up all the usual business they do in the close season, preparing for the forthcoming season. Contracts need to be dealt with too, it is all a big mess and ending it now would solve a lot of clubs problems. Obv not Hearts, but they too would at least know where they'll be playing and can prepare for it.

But when will this years close season end? Could be as late as Oct. If that's the case, next season's schedule is goosed anyway. So what's the  hurry right now? Ahhh yes, payouts of a few hundred grand from the SPFL's TV money biscuit tin. And they can't - just can not - pay out say, 80% of that now because, because erm, because....

Edited by Pet Jeden

1 hour ago, VanCityHibee said:

Is anyone really surprised that the shitehawks that run (ruin) OUR game , let us down yet again when we need strong leadership and pragmatism.

This situation is fucked  and unique but what can you do? Restructuring should have been done when oldhun was erased from existence not now.

I feel sorry for Partick and a few other clubs, but Hearts have been fucking chronic for most of last season and all of this current one.... so get the f**k down and take your fucking medicine jambos.

The rudi jammie wearers  on JKB are wanting a boycott of all away games next season , starting with Livi 😂 .

Never mind Covid-19.....you silly b*****ds are still haunted by Skacel-19.

Laugh now, pay later. It's the Hibs way.

I think I was the same way when we were demoted to the 3rd division 10 years ago so I can't be too critical. That said, the kickback boycott chat is embarrassing and very old firmesque. kingantti, in particular, appears to be at the foaming from the mouth stage of seething.

Guest JTS98

There seems to be a bit of confusion around different views on this.

It's interesting to see other Hearts fans on here, and people I know in 'real life', who are not overly fussed at the idea of playing in the Championship next season. I'm ok with it, something needs to be done, someone needs to lose out, and if it's us, it's us. It's not the biggest thing in the world.

However, this is a situation that requires a bit of give and take. For example,  it seems only fair to me that if clubs are given access to UEFA cash for Champions League or Europa League qualification without having properly earned it (Celtic and Motherwell), the clubs should come to an arrangement where in exchange for voting for the season to finish as it lies, those clubs who benefit financially will share a good portion of the cash with the other clubs as an act of good faith and give and take.

In this spirit, it seems right to apply something similar to Hearts. Circumstances and the tv deal may well dictate that we have to go down, and that's the way it goes. However, the financial penalty for being relegated isn't pretty, and however much people bang on irrelevantly about Hearts having been rubbish this season, the bottom line is that we will be taking that financial hit having not been given the chance to play our way out of what is a fixable situation.

So, it shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of the clubs to work out a situation where Hearts go down but the finances are re-jigged for one year to spread the Premiership money 13 ways in acknowledgement of the fact that Hearts have taken an unfair hit.

I'm aware of what's in the contracts and how payments are distributed, but in a situation where a club is being relegated with 8 games left to play, we're already in the realm of the new and it only seems right that Hearts are given some kind of compensation for that.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Will you guys be ditching that 5 star fallacy from your shirt next season?

Can you clarify something for me regarding them being a new team or not?  Are rangers registered with the sfa under the same name post liquidation or is it under a new name?  That would help clear it up.   

5 hours ago, Munoz said:

Sincerely hope so, although it does look like a big black H on the front. It makes you wonder if we knew in advance about Hearts fate. 

Are st Mirren the only club in history to have had another clubs badge on their stadium?  You must feel proud of that.  That'll help you get a mention on quiz shows etc.  That's brilliant.  

Are st Mirren the only club in history to have had another clubs badge on their stadium?  You must feel proud of that.  That'll help you get a mention on quiz shows etc.  That's brilliant.  

I’m proud to know The Hearts Song was written by a St Mirren fan. [emoji106]

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think I was the same way when we were demoted to the 3rd division 10 years ago so I can't be too critical. That said, the kickback boycott chat is embarrassing and very old firmesque. kingantti, in particular, appears to be at the foaming from the mouth stage of seething.

I wouldn't have a go at Livvy (or any other club) for just looking out for themselves.

The boycott chat is far from embarrassing though. Instead of a trip to Raith next season, the money for that ticket would be best given to FOH.

9 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

And they can't - just can not - pay out say, 80% of that now because, because erm, because....

They did this last month, as they always do at this time of the season.

The remaining money to pay teams bottom of their divisions is minimal.