Heart of Midlothian 2014-

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why are the authorities so against reconstruction when it would basically solve all the gripes ?

14 team top flight fucks over 2 championship sides.

16 team top flight means you cant have 4 OF games.

How is that preferable?

You're punishing teams who are 3rd and 4th in a division rather than teams who are bottom.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Amazing to see a non OF fan parrotting that as a bad thing emoji23.png

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not an issue for me, but it is for the TV deal.

It's one of the main reasons quoted for the increase in the TV deal (the previous, reduced, one didnt have it due to Rangers being in the lower tiers)

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

24 points still to play for so I can completely understand why St Mirren, Ross County and Hamilton  and probably a few others would vote to relegate Hearts now.

If I was a cowardly f**k lacking in integrity If my team wasn't sitting bottom of the league I would be voting Hearts  whoever was to be relegated too.  

FTFY.:thumsup2

How does 14 screw 2 Championship clubs. 3/4 dont get a playoff but could be financially compensated given it was hardly a gimme anyway for them to reach the prem given the current playoff structure.

14 team top flight fucks over 2 championship sides.
16 team top flight means you cant have 4 OF games.
How is that preferable?
You're punishing teams who are 3rd and 4th in a division rather than teams who are bottom.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

81-82 season is the only season Hearts never bounced straight back up and it remains their worst ever season finishing 3rd in the second tier behind Motherwell and Kilmarnock. 

I was at the final game of the season at Tynecastle that year. 1-0 to the 'Well, Willie Irvine in the first half. When the news broke that Killie were 5-0 up at half time (against QoTS, iirc) mayhem broke out, Hearts boys fighting each other because they couldn't get at us. We travelled back down the M8 in a bus with no windows. Happy, happy fucking days!

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

How does 14 screw 2 Championship clubs. 3/4 dont get a playoff but could be financially compensated given it was hardly a gimme anyway for them to reach the prem given the current playoff structure.

Why should ICT get the £1m+ boost to their finances, and the chance to attract sponsors/investment/players from top flight football, based on an incomplete season, but Dundee, who currently have the same chance of being promoted, dont?

You cant say it's unfair to relegate teams because a seasons incomplete and then promote sides.

Edited by RandomGuy.

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why are the authorities so against reconstruction when it would basically solve all the gripes ?

Because it blatantly doesn't solve all the gripes and opens up a massive number of other ones! Namely more mouths to feed, how the TV deal / income is impacted too. Whilst fans don't give a f**k about the OF, at boardroom level clubs want the cash from their visits.  Will we get 11 clubs in this league to agree?

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I  like a lot of what you're saying. 

However, I would take issue with your claim that Saints wouldn't complain - I'm not saying you're lying - I just think any club in this position would oppose what is being proposed.

I don't think we should be in any rush to re-start - there are far more important issues than football to consider.

I've suggested before that we could re-start the season in August/September (if we can), finish in December, and have a crack at summer football, but I don't reckon many would want to go for that.  

I think we know what's going to happen - all Scottish Premiership clubs will back the proposal bar Hearts and Rangers.

We'll see, though. :)

I'm not suggesting that we wouldn't have complained, I'm simply saying we were that shite with Stubbs we couldn't really have had complaints if we went down last season even though we improved late on and dodged it in the playoffs. I'd have been raging if this happened to us! 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why should ICT get the £1m+ boost to their finances, and the chance to attract sponsors/investment/players from top flight football, based on an incomplete season, but Dundee, who currently have the same chance of being promoted, dont?

You cant say it's unfair to relegate teams because a seasons incomplete and then promote sides.

F uk, this is actually a good post which exposes the whole shambolic mess.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

F uk, this is actually a good post which exposes the whole shambolic mess.

The whole situation is a mess.

Every single possible outcome fucks somebody over. 

We either relegate Hearts and promote Utd or we reconstruct as the remaining games ain't ever getting played. Take your pick.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We either relegate Hearts and promote Utd or we reconstruct as the remaining games ain't ever getting played. Take your pick.

Why aren't they getting played? 

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Only way a 14 team top flight is acceptable is if Hearts are relegated in the process IMO. Promote the team 3rd in the Championship.

If it's a 14 team league Hearts will be staying up, but as a punishment for being so shite this season they'll be forced to keep Stendel for next season.

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why aren't they getting played? 

Because the SFA just said no football until 10th June and the players are to get 6 weeks training before playing. That takes us neatly up to the 22nd of July and the new Sky deal starts a week later.

So, this season is done.

Hearts will be relegated because the only other options are - 

Reconstruction - never happening as Sky want all those lovely atmospheric Rangers / Celtic matches

Voided season - never happening as all the lower (and plenty top league) clubs need the placings payout.

After the SFA announcement, all the ducks line up

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Because the SFA just said no football until 10th June and the players are to get 6 weeks training before playing. That takes us neatly up to the 22nd of July and the new Sky deal starts a week later.

So, this season is done.

eddie murphy lol GIF by Laff

You think there will be football in July?!

On 02/04/2020 at 15:38, JamieThomas said:

The players can go f**k themselves with the power of 4,000 suns. Ann Budge has scunnered them? These workshy fucking mutants have ruined the support's lives for 2 and a half b*****d years, they can eat shite and like it.

These people who won't come out and say what they really think...