Heart of Midlothian 2014-

24 points still to play for so I can completely understand why St Mirren, Ross County and Hamilton  and probably a few others would vote to relegate Hearts now.

If I was a cowardly f**k lacking in integrity I would be voting Hearts to be relegated too.  

2 hours ago, gorbud said:

Is it just me or does any Heart's supporters think Ann Budge is using the whole virus situation as a get out clause because of her handling of the Craig Levin situation? You are only where you are because of her not getting rid of Levin.
She is making all the right noises but I do honestly think she wants to be relegated then she can say it's not my fault.

It's a bit like the whole rangers we want to finish the league but RIP up their pitch so they cant ...

55482125-463F-46A8-8970-3758AE946833.png

1 hour ago, gorbud said:
2 hours ago, bennett said:
Trying to muddy the waters by bringing in Sevco, kudos for the attempt. As a St Mirren fan you obviously a lot to gain from the league being called as it is, if any other team was in Hearts position then they also wouldn't accept relegation in these circumstances. 

So you would be happy to accept the payment for finishing 12.? So in hearts case they do accept payment for finishing 12th then they decide to finish the season and hearts win the remaining 8 games and finish 8th what happens then? You accept the 240k loss? Or would you go down the legal route to try and get your money back

Again as a St Mirren fan you have a stake in this.

The fairest thing to do is a even split, if we don't do that then the payments (if wrong) could possibly be evened up at a later date  but imo an even split is the best option. 

As you said hearts are capable of climbing the table, so is it really fair to relegate them?

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

The fairest thing to do is a even split, if we don't do that then the payments (if wrong) could possibly be evened up at a later date  but imo an even split is the best option. 

As you said hearts are capable of climbing the table, so is it really fair to relegate them?

They haven't shown that after 30 games. They are where they are on merit.

Players' contracts run out on 30th June and there is next to no chance of finishing the season before that. So after 30th June some clubs will be substantially weakened and some can substantially strengthen. Is that a fair end to this season if we continue at a later date?

43 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Players' contracts run out on 30th June and there is next to no chance of finishing the season before that. So after 30th June some clubs will be substantially weakened and some can substantially strengthen. Is that a fair end to this season if we continue at a later date?

We are where we are on merit - absolutely.

Is it fair to relegate a club with over 20% of fixtures unplayed? 

So you want more £ than what you would normally get by finishing in the bottom half? How is that fair...prize money is what you have earned... my view is if they dish out prize money the league is over.

My personal view is it's over now unless the clubs and players agree to stay put so that the league is finished with the same squads. Even then you will have teams that will have injured players back so is that really fair.. extend the season it will crash into next.. call it complete now and get the pain over now. But I would love it to be called null and void.. restart the season as we started this season. Get all teams to pay back TV money.. lets see what mess the finances are in and keep Dundee utd in the championship for another season. And watch the OF meltdown...

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Judging by the responses on this thread, it does seem that folk are surprised by Budgie's statement, aye. 

I wouldn't expect them to vote for anything that has them going down. Anyone saying differently is kidding themselves on. 

16 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

We are where we are on merit - absolutely.

Is it fair to relegate a club with over 20% of fixtures unplayed? 

If I was a Hearts fan I would be rightly annoyed.

That said this is unprecedented and given circumstances I can understand why tough calls need to be made. The only fair solution is to play to a finish on 38 games and that seems unlikely- we're told we are weeks behind Italy- they still haven't started back. 

Saints would have been down if this had happened last season and I doubt we could complain. I think it's unfortunate the Premiership didn't get to 33 games. Had it been stopped before the split you could pretty much make a good argument that it is fair to finish early. 

25 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I wouldn't expect them to vote for anything that has them going down. Anyone saying differently is kidding themselves on. 

If I was a Hearts fan I would be rightly annoyed.

That said this is unprecedented and given circumstances I can understand why tough calls need to be made. The only fair solution is to play to a finish on 38 games and that seems unlikely- we're told we are weeks behind Italy- they still haven't started back. 

Saints would have been down if this had happened last season and I doubt we could complain. I think it's unfortunate the Premiership didn't get to 33 games. Had it been stopped before the split you could pretty much make a good argument that it is fair to finish early. 

I  like a lot of what you're saying. 

However, I would take issue with your claim that Saints wouldn't complain - I'm not saying you're lying - I just think any club in this position would oppose what is being proposed.

I don't think we should be in any rush to re-start - there are far more important issues than football to consider.

I've suggested before that we could re-start the season in August/September (if we can), finish in December, and have a crack at summer football, but I don't reckon many would want to go for that.  

I think we know what's going to happen - all Scottish Premiership clubs will back the proposal bar Hearts and Rangers.

We'll see, though. :)

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

A season isn't just 30 games though, every team deserves the full 38 games which were previously agreed to play. 

UEFA has already said they have no issues with short term contract extensions. 

15 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

If Hearts are to be relegated, how many times would that be in their history?

Not here for a wind up, I genuinely don't know the answer.

It'd be their 5th time down and their 6th season overall outwith the top flight.

1976-1983 they were a bit of a yo-yo team.  Spending 4 of 7 seasons in the second tier and being relegated from the top tier 3 times in this period.

81-82 season is the only season Hearts never bounced straight back up and it remains their worst ever season finishing 3rd in the second tier behind Motherwell and Kilmarnock. They had some amount of well known figures in that team as well such as Henry Smith, Dave Bowman, Willie Pettigrew, Gary Mackay  & Alex MacDonald to name but a few.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It'd be their 5th time down and their 6th season overall outwith the top flight.

1976-1983 they were a bit of a yo-yo team.  Spending 4 of 7 seasons in the second tier and being relegated from the top tier 3 times in this period.

81-82 season is the only season Hearts never bounced straight back up and it remains their worst ever season finishing 3rd in the second tier behind Motherwell and Kilmarnock. They had some amount of well known figures in that team as well such as Henry Smith, Dave Bowman, Willie Pettigrew, Gary Mackay  & Alex MacDonald to name but a few/

Thanks mate.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

81-82 season is the only season Hearts never bounced straight back up and it remains their worst ever season finishing 3rd in the second tier behind Motherwell and Kilmarnock. They had some amount of well known figures in that team as well such as Henry Smith, Dave Bowman, Willie Pettigrew, Gary Mackay  & Alex MacDonald to name but a few/

Guid Hertz knowledge, bud. 

59 minutes ago, bennett said:

A season isn't just 30 games though, every team deserves the full 38 games which were previously agreed to play. 

UEFA has already said they have no issues with short term contract extensions. 

Yes, but the players don't need to sign them, why should say the St Mirren keeper sign a 2 or 3 month contract, when he has offers at three times the wage?  If he does sign it what happens if he gets a severe injury?  In reality the only choices are Null and Void or to go with the leagues as they stand.  Either will see some clubs unhappy.

Edited by WHU

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why are the authorities so against reconstruction when it would basically solve all the gripes ?

Something something 4 old firm games something something less tv revenue etc?

I think wee Budge has had some crushing legal advice, if the vote doesn't go our way we'll just have to lump* it. Her rhetoric was all about fighting it all the way, now reality seems to be dawning.

*By lump it I mean make childish 'am never gon back tae <insert side who voted to finish season now> again which, of course,  won't be stuck to.