Heart of Midlothian 2014-

36 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I dunno if it's holding the club to ransom.  As much as I dislike Levein, he's got a contract and of we don't want him we'd have to pay it off like anyone else. 

I do think he's missed a good opportunity to win a bit of goodwill back from the fans though, he could easily have walked away this month and it'd be seen as helping us out in a difficult spot.  Instead he's taking half pay which I suppose he doesn't have to do but considering his contract has two months left anyway it'd have been a decent gesture. 

We wouldn't have to had paid him off on full if he was willing to take the rest of his money monthly.  He knows his presence at the club isnt doing anything to elevate the atmosphere around the club.  I keep seeing the we have to pay him off on full when if all he did was compromise, we wouldn't have to.  

Ann threatens to suspend players wages if they don't agree to the 50% cut. 

Yet to see any actual confirmation of that
Points deduction surely?  

Contracts can be suspended or whatever according to the SPFL rules.

Ok - that doesn't seem right.  If true though just added to the Covid-19 c***s list then.  

Lifted from a sky article;

“The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) advised clubs on Friday that they have the power to halt contracts through the use of Clause 12, which can be triggered if the Scottish Football Association suspends football.”
I still haven’t seen anything confirming we’ve told the players it’s take it or leave (effectively)

@jamtarts

📝 Club Statement: The club feels it is necessary to clarify, once again, that contrary to a report in the media, no ‘warning’ has been made to our players in regard to agreeing to wage cuts or Clause 12 being invoked.

Read in full ➡️ https://t.co/L6OcGkZkwB https://t.co/xlSBQi4P6L

On 24/03/2020 at 19:43, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund players to take a pay cut to help the club through the crisis

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11962997/bayern-munich-players-waive-20-per-cent-of-wages-in-support-of-club-staff

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-dortmund/story/4078057/borussia-dortmund-players-take-wage-cut-to-help-club-amid-coronavirus-crisis

They clearly haven’t stopped to consider what the people of Perth will think

My point has never, ever, been that Hearts are scum for offering wage cuts.

My point was Budge was acting like a classless cow by going to the papers to talk about she was telling staff and players to take a 50% cut, and if they didnt there would be heavy lay offs. 

Most other clubs are managing to deal with these things behind doors, Budge decided to drag it through the media to make sure everybody knew it would be the fault of those who refused to accept an 50% wage cut that others lost their jobs. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My point has never, ever, been that Hearts are scum for offering wage cuts.

My point was Budge was acting like a classless cow by going to the papers to talk about she was telling staff and players to take a 50% cut, and if they didnt there would be heavy lay offs. 

Most other clubs are managing to deal with these things behind doors, Budge decided to drag it through the media to make sure everybody knew it would be the fault of those who refused to accept an 50% wage cut that others lost their jobs. 

I understood that it was leaked to the papers by some unknown individual and Budge had to make a statement to defend the club.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I understood that it was leaked to the papers by some unknown individual and Budge had to make a statement to defend the club.

Yup, but surely it's implied that the 50% pay cut will happen whether the players agree to it or not - because the cash won't be there to pay it, and because she can?

44 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

For anybody that needs cheering up just now, I just watched this from about the 45 minute mark. :thumsup2

Thanks for that. In some ways better than humping Hibs. We had waited so long for that win. It was so emotional. You can see it in the faces at the roadside. Not a GIRFUY-type celebration like 19-5-12. Just pure happiness.

(Weird celebrations by the guys at 1 hr 20 mins, though).

On 22/03/2020 at 08:39, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Baby I know

I would have given you all of my ...

Why doesn't Tory Wod bail out Scottish football to show how Scottish he is

( P.P. Arnold ######## over Wod )