Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 22/03/2020 at 00:06, LincolnHearts said:

I just hope we all have clubs to support when this is done.

Its going to cut a lot deeper as time goes on.

I look forward to watching Edinburgh Heart of Hibernian Spartans City FC in their green,maroon,black and red shirts...

Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund players to take a pay cut to help the club through the crisis

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11962997/bayern-munich-players-waive-20-per-cent-of-wages-in-support-of-club-staff

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-dortmund/story/4078057/borussia-dortmund-players-take-wage-cut-to-help-club-amid-coronavirus-crisis

They clearly haven’t stopped to consider what the people of Perth will think

Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund players to take a pay cut to help the club through the crisis

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11962997/bayern-munich-players-waive-20-per-cent-of-wages-in-support-of-club-staff

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-dortmund/story/4078057/borussia-dortmund-players-take-wage-cut-to-help-club-amid-coronavirus-crisis

They clearly haven’t stopped to consider what the people of Perth will think

Scum utter scum, they'll never learn their lesson.

Statement Klaxon
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-march-26th

The takeaway is that they’re bracing themselves for a 6 month shutdown as opposed to two or three

If this pessimism is well founded then being the first to take action will look wise. If they’re wrong it’ll be a bit of an embarrassment

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Statement Klaxon

The takeaway is that they’re bracing themselves for a 6 month shutdown as opposed to two or three

If this pessimism is well founded then being the first to take action will look wise. If they’re wrong it’ll be a bit of an embarrassment

Cant say that. They need to take the 'worst case' and plan. If recovery is quicker then fine if not they need to have some kind of strategy for 6 months later or longer when it kicks in. That's not an embarrassment. You can guarantee similar conversations are going on in other clubs, financially stable or otherwise.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Cant say that. They need to take the 'worst case' and plan. If recovery is quicker then fine if not they need to have some kind of strategy for 6 months later or longer when it kicks in. That's not an embarrassment. You can guarantee similar conversations are going on in other clubs, financially stable or otherwise.

I agree.

The risk of looking a little silly in hindsight for being too concerned is outweighed by the risk of leaving it too late

And to be honest most of the fans of other clubs on here seem to see that

There are hibs fans who take the piss but you get the feeling that's more out of a sense of duty than anything else

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Statement Klaxon

Unusually, nothing that Hearts have done in this situation is embarrassing. Looking after their club is not embarrassing no matter how long this lasts.

34 minutes ago, Swello said:

The length of Anne Budge's statements is embarrassing - but other than that, you're correct.

Okay - simplified just for you:-

1. Some people don't half talk sh**e

2. All clubs will need to act.

3. Hearts will be okay.

4. I'm not going quite yet.

Good statement and addresses quite a bit of the shite spouted in the press.  I also suspect that the stuff about players being ready to reject it wholesale is nonsense and i'm glad we're addressing it rather than letting the press continue to pick at it in order to get a few clicks in a quiet period.

I still think it's not a great look to be emailing agents about fees when we've no idea how long this'll last and we've just asked office staff to take a cut.  Could have done that once the noise around the asking of wage cuts had died down, especially as we'll be in limbo a while.

Question on levein  sorry!  Fans are saying that he shouldn't be near the club and should be on gardening leave.  The only problem seems to be that he would have to pay him in full.  Is he holding the club to ransom?  If that's the only thing keeping him at the club, it must be him that's demanding his full wages.  Why else is he still there? 

23 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Question on levein  sorry!  Fans are saying that he shouldn't be near the club and should be on gardening leave.  The only problem seems to be that he would have to pay him in full.  Is he holding the club to ransom?  If that's the only thing keeping him at the club, it must be him that's demanding his full wages.  Why else is he still there? 

I dunno if it's holding the club to ransom.  As much as I dislike Levein, he's got a contract and of we don't want him we'd have to pay it off like anyone else. 

I do think he's missed a good opportunity to win a bit of goodwill back from the fans though, he could easily have walked away this month and it'd be seen as helping us out in a difficult spot.  Instead he's taking half pay which I suppose he doesn't have to do but considering his contract has two months left anyway it'd have been a decent gesture. 

Not believing any cac from the Daily Mail.

Anyway, saw Hearts are on the telly tonight. Two nil up against Hibs already.  That Skacel looks a player. Hibs' defence though... that Pa Kujabi and McPake not instilling confidence.

Budge should rush out the STs on the back of a performance like this.

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Not believing any cac from the Daily Mail.

Anyway, saw Hearts are on the telly tonight. Two nil up against Hibs already.  That Skacel looks a player. Hibs' defence though... that Pa Kujabi and McPake not instilling confidence.

Budge should rush out the STs on the back of a performance like this.

I don't normally tbf but Budge comments directly on it.