Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Hearts are asking top agents for new players saying they will have cash to splash in a leaked email sent by their Head of Recruitment to top agents.  

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5418753/hearts-approach-agents-players-money-spend/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1584994328

What a complete and utter PR disaster this is.  Maybe the biggest I have ever seen in Scottish Football.  Can see Hearts being buried for this. A total disgrace if this is even remotely true.

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Very bad look if true.  But it's the sun, and I doubt even Hearts aren't daft enough to be talking about making cash bids when in the middle of this situation.  Probably sent before it all kicked off seeing as we've got about 12 out of contract. 

If it is recent, then heads should roll when we are asking normal employees to take cuts.

Makes you wonder what happened during WW1 & WW2?!
I know there was a maximum wage in those days but all things relative, no income would still be in affect.

The wartime league meant that games were still being played during WWII

A lot of enlisted professionals played for clubs close to wherever they were billeted and squads would change from week to week

A youthful Stan Mortensen was stationed at RAF Lossiemouth and turned out for Aberdeen on several occasions but also scored for Hearts in a friendly against the RAF in front of 35,000. He probably guested for a lot of other clubs too

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/res/raf3-2.html

Regards the Sun story, I've to believe that John Murray - a guy I've got absolutely zero fucking regard or respect for by the way - is *that* stupid?

Nah. There's somebody in the club that's stirring shit, just as the "HUGE DRESSING ROOM FALL OUT" reported in that paper last month turned out to be. 

Wonder who it could be.

9 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hearts are asking top agents for new players saying they will have cash to splash in a leaked email sent by their Head of Recruitment to top agents.  

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5418753/hearts-approach-agents-players-money-spend/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1584994328

What a complete and utter PR disaster this is.  Maybe the biggest I have ever seen in Scottish Football.  Can see Hearts being buried for this. A total disgrace if this is even remotely true.

This would be the most unsurprising development possible, tbh.

Theyll probably try and force anyone who's accepted a 50% pay cut to take that pay for the rest of their multi-year contracts now, instead of reverting to full pay once they get their final season payment/season ticket money.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This would be the most unsurprising development possible, tbh.

Theyll probably try and force anyone who's accepted a 50% pay cut to take that pay for the rest of their multi-year contracts now, instead of reverting to full pay once they get their final season payment/season ticket money.

In what world would that be possible? Give it a rest man.

8 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Regards the Sun story, I've to believe that John Murray - a guy I've got absolutely zero fucking regard or respect for by the way - is *that* stupid?

Nah. There's somebody in the club that's stirring shit, just as the "HUGE DRESSING ROOM FALL OUT" reported in that paper last month turned out to be. 

Wonder who it could be.

Will be hard to pinpoint - there are about 100 with a motive.

I think the worst part is John Murray will still have a hand in any transfer dealings.  A guy who has a massive hand in us being a mess playing wise and we look like we are about to let him handle yet another fucking rebuild.