Heart of Midlothian 2014-

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

He's only been employed with you for just over three months and has already had two holidays back in Germany.

Currently, like all other clubs, it is shut. He'll be at home bored like most of us.

The word on the street is that he has a very good reason for his trips to Germany - you must ken all about it. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're utterly fucking dense if you believe that's what I'm saying.

I'm saying professional football clubs should have enough money to get through the season financially, even if they lose a couple of home games.

I'm also saying Hearts shouldn't be struggling as theyve got recent history of financial problems and get huge amounts of regular income from the fans.

Obviously clubs wont have budgeted for this, but nor should Hearts, and their FOH donations and amount of season ticket holders, be in the media trying to publicly shame employees into taking 50% pay cuts after a few weeks of no football.

If it was just a case of missing a few home games then Budge wouldn't be asking employees to take a 50% wage cut. The issue is clubs won't be selling tickets for games for many many months. Possibly even years judging by what the leading virologists are saying. Claiming this is happening to hearts because we are a financial basket case is a complete red herring. If the pandemic hadn't happened then we would have likely been relegated, players released as per relegation clauses and we would have had to cut our cloth accordingly. As it stands we have to sit in limbo un-relegated possibly for months and months while paying out salaries. And then we might end up relegated. 

I don't disagree with the last part of what you're saying. Budge is worth something like £35 million. Owners of almost all other clubs have stood firm with many prepared to underwrite losses until Government assistance arrives. Throwing the off field staff and youth players to the wolves is shameful. It also makes her look bad after todays Government announcement. 

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doing that for the OF games this season could save jobs at McDiarmid. 

Aberdeen on the other hand are shutting parts of their stadium to save money. I'm sure you're not naive enough to believe it's to "improve the atmosphere and create demand", but I feel like you might be.

The chairman literally said having the RDU open is a massive drain on the clubs finances. He then added the sweetener that it would add to the atmosphere as fans would be bunched together and would create demand.

I'm happy to give you my redtv login if you'd like to watch it for yourself. Or you could continue to get the news from the red tops.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

If it was just a case of missing a few home games then Budge wouldn't be asking employees to take a 50% wage cut. The issue is clubs won't be selling tickets for games for many many months. Possibly even years judging by what the leading virologists are saying. Claiming this is happening to hearts because we are a financial basket case is a complete red herring. If the pandemic hadn't happened then we would have likely been relegated, players released as per relegation clauses and we would have had to cut our cloth accordingly. As it stands we have to sit in limbo un-relegated possibly for months and months while paying out salaries. And then we might end up relegated. 

I don't disagree with the last part of what you're saying. Budge is worth something like £35 million. Owners of almost all other clubs have stood firm with many prepared to underwrite losses until Government assistance arrives. Throwing the off field staff and youth players to the wolves is shameful. It also makes her look bad after todays Government announcement. 

tbf if she was worth £35m last month, she’s only worth £25m today. Sounds like a lot, but it’s barely enough to build a decent stand and destroy a pitch.

I wonder if Budgie will change her mind about the 50% pay cut following the government's announcement last night. If she doesn't, is that fraud, taking 80% wages from the government and only paying 50% to staff? Surely time for another club statement.

39 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I wonder if Budgie will change her mind about the 50% pay cut following the government's announcement last night. If she doesn't, is that fraud, taking 80% wages from the government and only paying 50% to staff? Surely time for another club statement.

Futurama Reaction GIF

This week on CSI: hypothetical nonsense

We don’t yet know quite how it’s going to work in detail but the 80% thing changes the game

It will cover wages up to £30,000 p.a. so it should mean than the people on more modest incomes won’t suffer at all and up to 48k it will be cheaper for the club to pay full rate than the previous plan of 50% cuts all round would have been with no support.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We don’t yet know quite how it’s going to work in detail but the 80% thing changes the game

It will cover wages up to £30,000 p.a. so it should mean than the people on more modest incomes won’t suffer at all and up to 48k it will be cheaper for the club to pay full rate than the previous plan of 50% cuts all round would have been with no support.

Have just deleted what I was in process typing - which was almost word for word the same. But the other big consideration is cash flow. Is the government paying employees direct - and if so, when? Or do employers pay and reclaim - and if so, when? If employers pay, then they actually need to have the cash to do that. All of Hearts bloated first team squad will be way above the £25k cap for government help, so they should still need to take a cut.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Usually if I'm planning a wee bit o' fraudy fraud I make sure that there isn't a national press release about my dastardly plans beforehand. Best kept on the down low ken?

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Have just deleted what I was in process typing - which was almost word for word the same. But the other big consideration is cash flow. Is the government paying employees direct - and if so, when? Or do employers pay and reclaim - and if so, when? If employers pay, then they actually need to have the cash to do that. All of Hearts bloated first team squad will be way above the £25k cap for government help, so they should still need to take a cut.

I believe businesses have to apply for the grant which they pay out to employees. The scheme obviously won't help larger clubs as much as it helps the smaller ones. I have a hunch in England that they will try to play games behind closed doors again at some point to get cash flows through tv rolling in. Depends on how knackered the NHS is in a few months I guess. 

Kris Boyd tearing into us for being arrogant and not even thinking about relegation clauses when signing players.  Quite what the fact that has to do with the ask for paycuts I have no idea, but it's also factually bollocks.  We specifically said a lot of our higher earners have relegation clauses at the last AGM.  

At least he's consistent in his spouting of shite.

Daily record reporting that a dozen other clubs look set to follow Hearts example

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lead-followed-12-clubs-21728687.amp

“It’s believed most Scottish club bosses were unaware of the clause, maybe even Hearts themselves, but now some chairmen are seeing it as a potential lifeline to safeguard their club’s future.”

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Daily record reporting that a dozen other clubs look set to follow Hearts example

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lead-followed-12-clubs-21728687.amp

“It’s believed most Scottish club bosses were unaware of the clause, maybe even Hearts themselves, but now some chairmen are seeing it as a potential lifeline to safeguard their club’s future.”

Oh, that's unfortunate.

Sincerely hope that the clubs supported by the lads providing the last 200 pages of tedious hot takes aren't affected.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“Daily Record reporting......”

I’m out. 

The headline is misleading. There is no reference to Clubs asking for a 50% wage cut.

9 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I have a hunch in England that they will try to play games behind closed doors again at some point to get cash flows through tv rolling in. Depends on how knackered the NHS is in a few months I guess. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51990101

Was waiting for this to be floated. How realistic it is, who know right now? 

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Was it not the Record that also reported that at least 6 SPL clubs would be in administration within weeks of Rangers dying?

If true, whoever they are, could have played a blinder, imagine the backlash if Budgie was to knock back a bid after her wage cut plea......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickey-transfer-chase-hearts-21732592.amp?

Edited by C4mmy31