Heart of Midlothian 2014-

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can’t understand why any fans are laughing at this news. 

People’s lives will change due to this news. Not a time to be laughing at them. 

Don't think Hearts are even anywhere near the closest to going to going bust, they are planning ahead and dare I say chancing their arm early doors. Can see lots of these proposals coming forward over next month or so

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Just my opinion, but the time for laughing and pointing at Hearts, or any club, has now gone. This is people’s lives and livelihoods we’re talking about here. As a St Mirren fan, I just need to think that if it weren’t for one break of the ball Obika’s way, or a couple of Hladky saves a week or so back - it could be us. FFS.

How the f**k was that only a week ago?! Longest week ever, without question.

Ann Budge was all for killing off half the senior clubs in Scotland just a few years ago, and has happily broken ticketing rules to overcharge away fans, so you can forgive folk for not giving a single f**k that shes in the shite now.00

Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland and have millions being pumped into the clubs from the fans. To be fucked after a few weeks of no income and the threat of delayed prize money is embarrassing. Youd hope they survive this and learn a lesson from it, but they had that chance after almost dying a few years ago, so again it's hard to feel much sympathy.

It's a shame for the fans and staff, though. They dont deserve this.

Edited by RandomGuy.

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Don't think Hearts are even anywhere near the closest to going to going bust, they are planning ahead and dare I say chancing their arm early doors.

That's pretty much how I see it, too. This is a business with next to no income going in both looking after itself and putting feelers out to see what help they can get. 

There will be clubs in much worse positions looking at that and then doing exactly the same in the next week. 

If anything, Hearts hierarchy should be getting a pat on the back for reacting rather than just sitting around leaving people guessing. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

That's pretty much how I see it, too. This is a business with next to no income going in both looking after itself and putting feelers out to see what help they can get. 

There will be clubs in much worse positions looking at that and then doing exactly the same in the next week. 

If anything, Hearts hierarchy should be getting a pat on the back for reacting rather than just sitting around leaving people guessing. 

Theres lower league teams already near breaking point who've done the same.

Take a guess at why Ann Budge, who milks her own fanbase dry of every penny possible, is publicly telling everyone that if her staff dont take massive paycuts they're the ones responsible for loss of jobs, not long after she paid her brothers business millions of pounds more than other businesses quoted for the new Main Stand?

5 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'm not a massive fan of Budge, but I can see her reasoning on this one.

Fact of the matter is that other 'big' clubs will have to act in the coming days. 

I think she's doing the decent thing here - not that the employees on the receiving end of the offer will see it that way. She could easily have just quickly finalised the transfer of the 75% ownership to the Foundation and left them/us to take the drastic action needed.

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Don't think Hearts are even anywhere near the closest to going to going bust, they are planning ahead and dare I say chancing their arm early doors. Can see lots of these proposals coming forward over next month or so

Lawwell balked at paying the living wage, so it wouldn't surprise me if the greedy b*****d does likewise.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I think she's doing the decent thing here 

Shes made it public purely to pressurise people into making a major financial decision. All this could've been done behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres lower league teams already near breaking point who've done the same.

Take a guess at why Ann Budge, who milks her own fanbase dry of every penny possible, is publicly telling everyone that if her staff dont take massive paycuts they're the ones responsible for loss of jobs, not long after she paid her brothers business millions of pounds more than other businesses quoted for the new Main Stand?

She and he mad an erse of controlling a building project. They were not the first and they won't be the last. Just ask the Scottish Government and Lothian Health board about our brand new £150m Sick Kids hospital which might not even open before Hearts are next in Europe!

7 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Lawwell balked at paying the living wage, so it wouldn't surprise me if the greedy b*****d does likewise.

We do actually pay the living wage but refuse to endorse the movement. Apparently paying somebody enough to live comfortably is political.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd hope they survive this and learn a lesson from it, but they had that chance after almost dying a few years ago, so again it's hard to feel much sympathy.

Away and take your face for a shite. We're practically debt free, we've invested in infrastructure and revenue streams and we were moving towards fan ownership. To say 'they', or the fans, never learned their lesson is patently nonsense. 25 million people across the world might lose their jobs over the next few months. There will be more Scottish clubs suffering in the coming weeks so let's at least try not to gloat over this.

Unless its Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

She and he mad an erse of controlling a building project. They were not the first and they won't be the last. Just ask the Scottish Government and Lothian Health board about our brand new £150m Sick Kids hospital which might not even open before Hearts are next in Europe!

My point is she was quoted from multiple companies, some far more professional, yet used Hearts fans money and picked her brother.

If you're happy that she shat away millions of pounds, as you sit bottom of the league and with staff members being threatened with redundancy, like that then fire on.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

F1293025-419A-4C44-B4D1-CEF673DC99CF.jpeg

It's true. Hearts are nowhere near the first Scottish club to propose this to staff, yet Budge and Hearts are the first to go public with it. 

She would do literally anything for money, so trying to force people into paycuts seems entirely in character for her.

5 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Away and take your face for a shite. We're practically debt free, we've invested in infrastructure and revenue streams and we were moving towards fan ownership. To say 'they', or the fans, never learned their lesson is patently nonsense. 25 million people across the world might lose their jobs over the next few months. There will be more Scottish clubs suffering in the coming weeks so let's at least try not to gloat over this.

Unless its Rangers. 

You're clearly overspending this season, without the reserves to actually support it, which has caused your projections to be sp shite you've to cut all wages by half.

That's a bad model.