Heart of Midlothian 2014-

As I understand it Budge can't actually challenge the decision itself in court, just sue for damages.

FIFA don't let you take these things anywhere other than the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

That said, if Hearts do go ahead with it they can suspend the SFA's FIFA membership - which means Scotland can't play.

Which if you take it right back to the start, AKA Hearts being shite, is Craig Levein once again stopping us qualifying for an international tournament.

14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Amazing that folk are surprised at this - of course you'd take legal action. 

Also amazed folks think this is the only club considering this. There will be clubs in every league at top/bottom and even European qualifying places considering action if leagues are cut short. Unless mathematically something is decided its just open to months of legal fights. Void or complete are the only options!!!

Edited by bdu98196

13 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

She would have been the first to advocate the status quo had they managed to struggle of the bottom last Wednesday. Total chancer !

And St Mirren would've been the ones considering action.  

Do you honestly expect clubs who are due to lose lots of money to roll over and accept relegation or non promotion when there's nearly a quarter of the season to go?

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Do you honestly expect clubs who are due to lose lots of money to roll over and accept relegation or non promotion when there's nearly a quarter of the season to go?

I honestly don't think they will need to - there will be some sort of restructure that will see no one relegated and teams who were top promoted.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I honestly don't think they will need to - there will be some sort of restructure that will see no one relegated and teams who were top promoted.

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if this is not true. It's the only way to avoid carnage, and the SFA know it. 

The only fly in the ointment then will be Celtic - and if they're not awarded the title, then their fans will at least have the consolation of actual 'evidence' that the authorities have it in for them.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Nope

A more balanced view makes Hearts, Celtic, Dundee Utd irrelevant - If, as some reports suggest, we are heading into a lockdown for several months then this seasons end, the Scottish cup, the euros etc are all a bit of an irrelevance.

If things are as fucked as that, football clubs (including large ones)  wont survive and we will have a requirement to recommence on an entirely different footing.

Anyone thinking otherwise has their heads up their arse.

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I don't even want to see us saved by a reconstruction - or even Celtic be denied their probable title or Ayr or Dinfermline denied their play off chance. Just play the fixtures when we can FFS. They can be crammed into 5 or 6 weeks at the beginning of a season.

Anyway, things are getting a bit serious now. SPFL should just admit they haven't got a scooby when we can restart and will reconvene when it's sensible to do so. If it's less than 18 months we'll probably start where we left off. If it's much longer than that it will be starting from scratch. Euro considerations can wait. Celtic can claim 4/5 of a star if they want.

Edited by Pet Jeden

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Nope

A more balanced view makes Hearts, Celtic, Dundee Utd irrelevant - If, as some reports suggest, we are heading into a lockdown for several months then this seasons end, the Scottish cup, the euros etc are all a bit of an irrelevance.

If things are as fucked as that, football clubs (including large ones)  wont survive and we will have a requirement to recommence on an entirely different footing.

Anyone thinking otherwise has their heads up their arse.

Don't really disagree tbh, but within the bubble of football there'll always be self interest was my point.  

Football feels irrelevant just now though it'll sort itself out if and when appropriate .

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye, I agree. Any club would do the same, even if it's an empty threat there's the chance it could work or elicit some sort of compensation payment.