Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 20/02/2020 at 23:08, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts fan seem completely clueless about the fact he only has to be behind the ball when its played to be onside, as its in the box.

Untitled.png.9c81c2067cf620bb82b740493b414fab.png

The ball hasn't even been passed yet, and it moves further forward before it is, while the striker virtually remains the same position.

Why do people keep posting a picture of the Hamilton player in a blatantly offside position as evidence he's not offside?

And being 'in the box' has nowt to do with the offside rule that I know of.

10 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Why do people keep posting a picture of the Hamilton player in a blatantly offside position as evidence he's not offside?

And being 'in the box' has nowt to do with the offside rule that I know of.

Because hes in line with the ball.

When the ball is in the box, the position of the Hearts players is virtually irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because hes in line with the ball.

When the ball is in the box, the position of the Hearts players is virtually irrelevant. 

Not that it matters but he's not in line with the ball, his head/body is leaning forward and almost certainly ahead of it.

Not that it matters but he's not in line with the ball, his head/body is leaning forward and almost certainly ahead of it.

The angle of the photo isn’t as good as the angle we had in Section B at the time but it is miles better than the angle that the assistant referee would have had because he had barely jogged past section D.

It's a shite angle but I reckon from there it's a very tight call. Nevertheless being in or out the box has absolutely no bearing on offside. The only thing that matters is quite literally The Offside Law as it would anywhere else in the attacking half. If he's behind the ball can never be off under any circumstances.

3 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

I'm not sure you understand how offside actually works.

If hes behind his team mate when the balls passed, and it still hadnt been passed in that still, then hes onside.

23 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That is the ball leaving his foot, he isn't behind him.

It's not, he takes it further forward first, that's just as close as I could pause it.

I was pointed to this thread from the Dundee one where we were informed that RandomGuy was talking shite.

He is. On more than one count. 

The angle isn't the best, but I'm going to say offside - and this frame (from YouTube) gives the attacker the benefit of the doubt because he's further forward in the next one.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 08.33.10.png

33 minutes ago, The Master said:

I was pointed to this thread from the Dundee one where we were informed that RandomGuy was talking shite.

He is. On more than one count. 

The angle isn't the best, but I'm going to say offside - and this frame (from YouTube) gives the attacker the benefit of the doubt because he's further forward in the next one.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 08.33.10.png

I see you've used the same method as the President Kennedy assassination inquiry. 

11-21-jfk-14.jpg