Heart of Midlothian 2014-

A few things based on yesterday:

The boy Toby had a dominating debut. Thought he was fantastic until he went off.

With Boyce signing, and our shitness, I expect Hearts to finish above Kilmarnock this season.

How many strikers/attacking players did Hearts have involved yesterday? Just kept bringing strikers on and moving midfielders back the way.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

A few things based on yesterday:

The boy Toby had a dominating debut. Thought he was fantastic until he went off.

With Boyce signing, and our shitness, I expect Hearts to finish above Kilmarnock this season.

How many strikers/attacking players did Hearts have involved yesterday? Just kept bringing strikers on and moving midfielders back the way.

Finished with Naismith, Boyce, Uche, Henderson & Washington on the park.  5 out of the 7 subs were forwards or wingers.

Had a watch of the highlights.  If Aribo wasn't so shite Hearts would have lost.  They rode their luck at times but thats what you need when playing the uglies.  The highlights needed more Mcgregor seethe.  I was very sad there was none shown.  

Nicked this from a post on Kickback, I'm not usually all that interested in articles about tactics but this is a good explanation of Stendelball.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/27/daniel-stendels-hearts-beat-title-chasing-rangers-forensic-analysis/

That is a very good article thanks for sharing

When things go wrong with this style they can go wrong very quickly and, assuming that we’re not going to see it executed perfectly, we need players with serious pace to get back and limit the damage when it does.

That’s why there’s no space for Christophe Berra and why everyone likes Sean Clare these days

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That is a very good article thanks for sharing

When things go wrong with this style they can go wrong very quickly and, assuming that we’re not going to see it executed perfectly, we need players with serious pace to get back and limit the damage when it does.

That’s why there’s no space for Christophe Berra and why everyone likes Sean Clare these days

Berra isn't the quickest on the turn but his straight line pace to chase back is still good. His main problem is his use of the ball from the back is simply light years behind Halkett and Souttar. Up until the last year he's been a very good player for us.

Edited by Pet Jeden

The hearts wage bill must be absolutely bulging. Assume you are still paying Levein or he took a big payoff? Berra on a wedge and not used. Will Walker ever play? He must be on a wedge.  Washington must be on a heap. Have Whelan and Maclean been paid off?  The squad is enormous 

I struggle to believe Aberdeen can be paying more in wages than that

4 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

The hearts wage bill must be absolutely bulging. Assume you are still paying Levein or he took a big payoff? Berra on a wedge and not used. Will Walker ever play? He must be on a wedge.  Washington must be on a heap. Have Whelan and Maclean been paid off?  The squad is enormous 

The benefits of mystery benefactors 😎

9 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Paid off the books. Saves on the tax. Imperfect but accepted by the SFA......

Edited by sjc

27 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Whelan's contract was simply cancelled - no payments made, and his wage will have offset some of the incomings.  Walker is on a standard SPL level salary. MacLean will not be on a huge wage.

No idea about the rest but yeah, imagine the likes of Washington are on a few grand a week.