Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Seems some people have trouble grasping the different roles people have at Hearts.

It's not the job of the first team head coach to tell unwanted players to beat it. That's the DoF's job.

Not sure why it's causing some people such difficulty.

In the scheme of things Levein telling him is probably the right person as him and MacPhee are sharing DoF duties for this window,  But I do have a problem with Levein being involved whatsoever and I agree it's a bad look, but it is what it is until Budge bins him.  I also think it's unprofessional to tell him at the back doors rather than in a proper meeting, but again I'd have that at Levein's door, if he's got that task it's up to him to carry it out properly.

As for the atmosphere being toxic, all the chat coming out of Tynecastle is the exact opposite.  The player seem to be loving working with Stendel, the only ones who are upset are those not in the plans.  We need to get results early doors though or it all becomes a big stick to beat Stendel with.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

That might be true, I think the issue here isn't the decisions that have been made but how they've been done. Sounds like it's quite a toxic environment there just now. If players then are not motivated, this can have a massive impact. Player for player, even if Hearts don't sign anyone, their squad should easily avoid relegation, but Stendels apparent lack of willingness to communicate and relate to his players should be worrying.

Perhaps, for a template of how to be a good man manager, you should look across the city or towards Paisley.

Or maybe you should be a bit less naive about how the Scottish football media work?

Foreign manager comes in so he's straight away an easy target. Releases players. Journalists stick a microphone in front of them and ask leading questions:

"How do you feel about being released, must be gutted?"

"Do you think the club that just released you have been fair?" "Why not?"

Starts a story, other players get released for the journalists to chase, and the whole thing snowballs beautifully.

Has anyone ever been told they weren't wanted in a job, and come away content with the situation and speaking favourably of their former employer?

It's a nothing story the media are loving because it gives them a drama to focus on during the dull winter break.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

In the scheme of things Levein telling him is probably the right person as him and MacPhee are sharing DoF duties for this window,  But I do have a problem with Levein being involved whatsoever and I agree it's a bad look, but it is what it is until Budge bins him.  I also think it's unprofessional to tell him at the back doors rather than in a proper meeting, but again I'd have that at Levein's door, if he's got that task it's up to him to carry it out properly.

As for the atmosphere being toxic, all the chat coming out of Tynecastle is the exact opposite.  The player seem to be loving working with Stendel, the only ones who are upset are those not in the plans.  We need to get results early doors though or it all becomes a big stick to beat Stendel with.

The player? Who is it? Do all the rest think he's shite?

The Gorgie boeys putting all their eggs in Stendel's basket on this one. 180714971_JackLaugh.png.50de1b3d2a715f3e1d5d06ef114668e8.png

Better hope they're right or else they're doomed. I'm not going to give it the full 'Terry Stendelbottom', but I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the two.

Edited by HibsFan

The Gorgie boeys putting all their eggs in Stendel's basket on this one. 180714971_JackLaugh.png.50de1b3d2a715f3e1d5d06ef114668e8.png
Better hope they're right or else they're doomed. I'm not going to give it the full 'Terry Stendelbottom', but I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the two.

We don’t really have much choice, and he’s clearing out the pish. We were doomed before he came in anyway. I’d dodge Sniffers Terry Stendelbottom though, the boy’s about as funny as the flu.

35 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Are we framing the idea of letting the manager do his job without his predecessors weirdly hanging about in the background as some sort of risky move now?