Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

No he didnt.

He's been trying to chase him (Daly, along with Levein and McPhee) out the club and now sits down with them to have a conversation. On Berra it is "right on a professional level, but not on a personal level". Then he will sit on tele and say there is no time for sentiment in a relegation battle. 

He's an absolute walloper. I get why you'd stand up for him. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

He's been trying to chase him (Daly, along with Levein and McPhee) out the club and now sits down with them to have a conversation. On Berra it is "right on a professional level, but not on a personal level". Then he will sit on tele and say there is no time for sentiment in a relegation battle. 

He's an absolute walloper. I get why you'd stand up for him. 

He didnt "sit down with them to have a conversation", Daly was co commentating on the Partick / Dundee United match so was part of the pre match panel. 

Stewart was in the Edinburgh studio and the panel were having a conversation about Hearts. At no point did he defend Daly, on the contrary many on the panel, Stewart included, had a pop at Daly for what he had said after Cathro left Hearts and he was in temp charge.

So, your previous point about Stewart championing the likes of Daly, Levein, and McPhee is clearly pish.

Stewart said he thought that Berras time at Hearts may have been up, and the entire panel agreed that it could have been dealt with in a different way.

Again, he was not "championing" Berra to remain in place as Hearts captain.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about me, I can only assume its because you dont like me pointing out the utter pish and fairy stories that you post on here.

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He didnt "sit down with them to have a conversation", Daly was co commentating on the Partick / Dundee United match so was part of the pre match panel. 

Stewart was in the Edinburgh studio and the panel were having a conversation about Hearts. At no point did he defend Daly, on the contrary many on the panel, Stewart included, had a pop at Daly for what he had said after Cathro left Hearts and he was in temp charge.

So, your previous point about Stewart championing the likes of Daly, Levein, and McPhee is clearly pish.

Stewart said he thought that Berras time at Hearts may have been up, and the entire panel agreed that it could have been dealt with in a different way.

Again, he was not "championing" Berra to remain in place as Hearts captain.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about me, I can only assume its because you dont like me pointing out the utter pish and fairy stories that you post on here.

I've never once said Stewart was championing Levein. 

I'm not going on yesterday's panel, I'm going on Sportsound podcasts. 

I don't have a bee in my bonnet about you, I just pre-empted you having a pop at me considering you have in the past tagged me in topics I've not taken part in and calling me your stalker. I played right into your hands here, well played. 

It's a bit worrying that Daly, Berra and Whelan have all had digs at Stendel. I remember when Boyd took a dig at Cathro. 

We all backed Cathro, he was going to be the guy that saved Scottish football, the mini-Pep. Now Stendal is a.n.other Klopp. 

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

28 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's a bit worrying that Daly, Berra and Whelan have all had digs at Stendel. I remember when Boyd took a dig at Cathro. 

We all backed Cathro, he was going to be the guy that saved Scottish football, the mini-Pep. Now Stendal is a.n.other Klopp. 

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

What is your point exactly? We should have gone for Stuart McCall instead? Is it possible that Daly, Berra and Whelan have an axe to grind first and foremost?  

Why don't we actually give the new manager a chance first? That's all most Hearts fans are asking for. 

Stendel has identified guys that he either can't trust, knows won't work or knows won't buy into his methods.   He's then acted quickly to move them on, the only ones having a pop back are guys with a lack of self awareness trying to save their own reputation. They are a huge part of the reason we are in the mess we are.

Even if Stendel ends up a disaster, it doesn't mean he's wrong.  For him to get a reaction he needs guys on board with his way of thinking.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

This thing with Matty Kennedy - Aberdeen will make a far more attractive offer than we will, and not just financially.

Also, he doesn't strike me as a target that Stendel has identified, even if he is a bit of a player.

Moreover, I'm not sure I trust Levein and/or MacPhee to do the negotiating - Stendel can't do it all himself, but he needs to get those two c***s tae f**k. 

6 hours ago, paranoid android said:

This thing with Matty Kennedy - Aberdeen will make a far more attractive offer than we will, and not just financially.

Also, he doesn't strike me as a target that Stendel has identified, even if he is a bit of a player.

Moreover, I'm not sure I trust Levein and/or MacPhee to do the negotiating - Stendel can't do it all himself, but he needs to get those two c***s tae f**k. 

Depends how desperate Hearts are I guess.

It's unedifying to see people involved in catapulting Hearts to the bottom of the league trying to point-score in public and insisting on trying to drum up some public support rather than just gracefully accepting some responsibility. It's also weird behaviour when we've quite obviously just been utter, utter shite for months.

The win at Easter Road and draw with Rangers a couple of months back looked like they could have been turning points, but simply haven't been. Whelan has been poor. Far from the worst, but poor. Berra has been simply awful and should be ashamed of himself for not simply taking his medicine.

I stand by my opinion that Berra wasn't that good first time around, has never really been very good, and bringing him back was a silly thing to do. Surely nobody, including himself, can think he has been good enough to warrant being kept around?

The bottom line is that nobody in a club performing as poorly as we have been can have any complaints if they get launched.

Can't believe Stendel's getting so much stick for his actions so far. He recognises the situation and realises he can't fanny about with the deadwood he has. I heard Berra's interview on sportsound and it was full of contradictions. He started by saying he understands football and 'it is what it is' then proceeded to be angry and annoyed before  mentioning he's not going to 'throw the toys out the pram' Too late Christophe.

Whether or not Stendel's the answer is too early to say but I don't think he can be criticised for what he has done so far.

24 minutes ago, sjc said:

Stendel's getting bad press because he's not part of the "old pals act" they (the media & the professional football fraternity) so love in Scotland.

It's that simple.

The same media that asks guys like Neil McCann to be objective despite the fact he wanted the job and had talks over it.  Not really a dig at McCann as such, but why are people like that then asked to comment as if they don't have a vested interest?

It's unedifying to see people involved in catapulting Hearts to the bottom of the league trying to point-score in public and insisting on trying to drum up some public support rather than just gracefully accepting some responsibility. It's also weird behaviour when we've quite obviously just been utter, utter shite for months.
The win at Easter Road and draw with Rangers a couple of months back looked like they could have been turning points, but simply haven't been. Whelan has been poor. Far from the worst, but poor. Berra has been simply awful and should be ashamed of himself for not simply taking his medicine.
I stand by my opinion that Berra wasn't that good first time around, has never really been very good, and bringing him back was a silly thing to do. Surely nobody, including himself, can think he has been good enough to warrant being kept around?
The bottom line is that nobody in a club performing as poorly as we have been can have any complaints if they get launched.

Berra was a decent centre half for the majority of his career and that’s at English premier league/championship level. He’s finished now don’t get me wrong but he was always a player I’d rather was missing from a hibs point of view.

On 12/01/2020 at 00:09, tamthebam said:

You'd think Berra was the only long serving player ever to be sacked by a club- it happened to Robbo, it happens at other clubs (Fat Sally for example). I was listening to the discussion on the radio and thought "well, perhaps he'd like to go and explain how hard done by he is to the folk in Kirkcaldy that have just lost their jobs at Debenhams" 

That reasoning from you is almost as bad as the idea that Hearts should have kept Berra on as a coach just because.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

The same media that asks guys like Neil McCann to be objective despite the fact he wanted the job and had talks over it.  Not really a dig at McCann as such, but why are people like that then asked to comment as if they don't have a vested interest?

They'd be falling over each others objectivity if it was one of their pals that got the job.

I wouldn't necessarily call it racism as they were just as obtuse towards Cathro. I think they just don't like outsiders tbh.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Michael Stewart disagrees with Tom English's piece - what a fucking surprise, eh? 

I usually like Stewart though find his constant war against Levein a bit tiresome but I reckon this is a good example of why having ex-players as pundits doesn't work in terms of impartiality. They're always close to someone who needs telt frankly that they're no good. Suspect MS is pals with Berra. That's fine, Berra is a likeable guy and has served this club better than many. His failure to reflect on the past few months and his own glaring mistakes says he's not worth listening to now though.