Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Michael Stewart was saying that we should have kept Berra on as a coach. 

1. That defeats the purpose of trying to free up a chunk of his high wage by telling him he's no longer wanted around and that he should move on. 

2. I've got a better first touch and pass than Berra and I'm a fat drunken mess who hasn't played 5 a side for over a year. What use would he be trying to coach Stendel's ideas? 

The media don't like the idea of an outsider coming into the Scottish game and getting their wee pals telt. 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I actually thought Daly spoke sense. If any of us had a new manager come in and decide after five minutes we should be sacked, I think we'd be talking employment tribunals. Whatever way some of the befuddled Hearts fans dress it up, Stendel walked into a mess and is making it a whole lot worse.

It's not a normal job though is it? How many managers like to keep on the staff of the older manager?  Add to the fact he'd know that there are people suggesting Levein still has an influence, he was smart to cut that link as quickly as possible.  Plus Daly's wages now go to big Colt. 

All these boys greeting and blaming others.  How about they take some responsibility and say "maybe I've played a part in this club being a fucking embarrassment".  Some humility might get them some slack from the fans.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I actually thought Daly spoke sense. If any of us had a new manager come in and decide after five minutes we should be sacked, I think we'd be talking employment tribunals. Whatever way some of the befuddled Hearts fans dress it up, Stendel walked into a mess and is making it a whole lot worse.

I see that you're still trying to make out that the manager changing the (failed) coaching staff is remotely unusual. 

The telling part was Daly revealing that Stendel had asked him his opinion on the training and, clearly, Stendel sensed that Daly wasn't bought in or didn't understand his methods. Given that, and the fact he was close to the previous manager, why on earth would you keep him on board instead of getting your own guys in? 

What is baffling is that, while the new manager is trying to make the changes necessary to turn things around by getting rid of the previous manager's underperformers, the previous manager is still employed by the club, still playing an active role and still has the ear of the Chairwoman. Meanwhile, that same previous manager's mates are sticking the boot into the new manager in the media. It's absolutely fucking mental.

Levein and his cronies need to be gone completely to allow the club to move on, and the fact that Budge can't see that is testament to her sheer incompetence.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

We should maybe let it play out and see where it goes.

You'd think Berra was the only long serving player ever to be sacked by a club- it happened to Robbo, it happens at other clubs (Fat Sally for example). I was listening to the discussion on the radio and thought "well, perhaps he'd like to go and explain how hard done by he is to the folk in Kirkcaldy that have just lost their jobs at Debenhams" 

On 07/01/2020 at 21:17, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Defo not Hibs or Aberdeen. Maybe a Livi or Hamilton. But as said, big drop in wages there for Berra. 

We'd be nowhere near him, best he's going to get is Championship I'd say. Someone like Dunfermline or Morton. He's useless at this level, we were apparently looking at Ambrose who'd be 10x better than Berra is

Tribunals? Really? That’s the answer to incompetence these days? There, there, you take that bad man to the tribunal. How many in football do we see in tribunals? You’ve failed. Bye. Someone else is offering you a job or how much of your contract will you accept to go away?
If somebody doesn’t get in there and sort it there’ll be no premier league Hearts. Levein and his sidekicks have taken them down far enough.
As for Budge, she’s looking less the great businesswoman and saviour by hanging on to toxic Levein.
What do I care? I support St Johnstone.

We'd be nowhere near him, best he's going to get is Championship I'd say. Someone like Dunfermline or Morton. He's useless at this level, we were apparently looking at Ambrose who'd be 10x better than Berra is

Some of our fans wouldn’t have “bomb-scare” Ambrose if it was up to them. They’d take Berra for his experience. It’s a mad world. (Randoom - I’m not referring to you here).

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Theres no chance Ambrose would sign for Livi. Its clearly his agent trying to gauge and drum up interest. 

15 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

1. That defeats the purpose of trying to free up a chunk of his high wage by telling him he's no longer wanted around and that he should move on. 

2. I've got a better first touch and pass than Berra and I'm a fat drunken mess who hasn't played 5 a side for over a year. What use would he be trying to coach Stendel's ideas? 

The media don't like the idea of an outsider coming into the Scottish game and getting their wee pals telt. 

Berra arranged to meet bbc reporter back of the training complex and weeping that to me shows the person he is absolute welt.  John daly makes me laugh calls himself a coach slating stendal and openly admits players don't no how bad situation is at hearts Is it not his job to drum it in to them what a joke.   

15 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Turns out the Accies are going into the second half of the season with Owain Fraud Williams between the sticks. You’re safe lads.

They will get the keeper from Reading back.

15 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Did no one call him up on this bullshit? He gets away with murder.

39 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Did no one call him up on this bullshit? He gets away with murder.

It's fairly mental that after months and months of Stewart calling Hearts and shambles and they need a fresh slate and backroom team he is now championing they folk he actively tried to get removed from their jobs. 

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's fairly mental that after months and months of Stewart calling Hearts and shambles and they need a fresh slate and backroom team he is now championing they folk he actively tried to get removed from their jobs. 

No he didnt.