Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Berra may well be hurt and angry, but there's no room for sentiment in the position we're in.

Berra says that he's no 'bad egg' - the fact that he was seen telling Cathro to 'f**k off' during the latter's last game could suggest that Berra's maybe not the model pro many thought he was.

He is 35 in a few weeks time, as alluded to earlier he has been rank rotten for months.

He looks liable to cause a goal every game, his errors cause havoc for those around him, his distribution is shite.

Thank you for the memories and service but there is no room for sentiment in football.

His time is up.

"Its one man's opinion. There are other ways to go about it, but I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram."

Amazing that there are 3 falsehoods in this line alone. How else can you be told that you're not part of the plans? 

Disappointing that he hasn't taken this with dignity. He's stolen a watch getting that last contract from Levein when it was clear then he was finished in the summer. If he really cared about the club he wouldn't be publicly rocking the boat like this. Why would Stendel keep him in the first team group when he's so detrimental to the way we play? 

Stendel should just come out now and explain exactly why he isn't good enough to be playing. I reckon he must have taken the pulse from the main players he wants to use before making this decision. 

All things aside, what a genuinely horrific way to treat one of your club's true servants over the past decade and a man who clearly loves the club. 

Absolutely classless from Stendel, who already comes across as a thoroughly unlikeable and arrogant man in his interviews.  But he goes for pints with the fans after he gets sacked though, eh?

Butcher-esque man management.  I heard Berra was popular in the dressing room as well, so suspect this has gone down very badly. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

You’d think they were going to publicly execute him as part of the half time entertainment the way people have gone about it.

Dont mistake sympathy for how the guy is being treated with us pissing ourselves laughing at the shitshow that is Hearts current predicament.

I am fully expecting Budge to "back Stendel to the hilt" by allowing him to jizz even more money up against the wall, continuing where Dr Football left off. 

Its going to be great fun to watch

Spoiler

even though I dont think they will go down

Berra been a good servant for Hearts but he’s finished and I think the new manager is well within his rights to bin who he wants. Hearts have been pish for last few years now, refreshing to see someone step in and not scared to make big changes 
18 months on his contract to pay him off

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

32 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

All things aside, what a genuinely horrific way to treat one of your club's true servants over the past decade and a man who clearly loves the club. 

Absolutely classless from Stendel, who already comes across as a thoroughly unlikeable and arrogant man in his interviews.  But he goes for pints with the fans after he gets sacked though, eh?

Butcher-esque man management.  I heard Berra was popular in the dressing room as well, so suspect this has gone down very badly. 

You might get Pet Jeden on your hook with this but what's that worth? 

3 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Obviously not going to pay him off, someone will take him on a free he won’t be short of offers. Said himself today won’t sit around.

One of these three is pretty much inevitable. Which, in your opinion, is going to happen?

1. Some team is willing to pay the hefty going rate for a 33-year old SPFL Premiership captain, for someone who obviously can't cut it anymore
  2. Berra is willing to take a pay cut
  3. Hearts are going to somehow subsidize Berra's exit, one way or another, either paying him off or paying his new team somehow (loan deal where they pay a portion of his wages, or whatever)

The last looks a bit like 'paying him off' to me.

Just now, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Won’t be short of offers elsewhere and Hearts clearly won’t stand in his way.

How does that work. The majority of Hearts fans even those who like him say he is finished at this level. Finished with a team anchoring the Scottish Premiership ? I can see a massive Q of clubs prepared to match his wages - NOT. 

Stendel has to do something to stop the rot but this is a gamble. By all means bin Berra but unless he has fallen out or done something untoward show is asking your captain to train with reserves going to go down. 

Stendel could yet make Cathro look like an astute Managerial appointment at this rate....

1 minute ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Option 1. I think Berra will know himself he can’t demand silly money elsewhere so your being a bit silly thinking otherwise. Probably end up at Dundee Utd

Berra has a contract with Hearts right now. By sitting on his arse, he gets those wages, guaranteed. He doesn't have to demand silly money, he's already contracted to get it.

Dundee United has to either match Hearts silly money, or Berra has to voluntarily take a pay cut.

Just now, StraightOuttaEOS said:

You must know him personally then if your so certain that’s what he’ll do, just sit on his arse waiting on his contract to wind down?

He’ll be away by end of Jan and I think he’ll get a decent enough move for someone his age. 

Not saying he won't be away. But what I am saying is that most likely Hearts will be paying for him to go away somehow. Unless Berra is an idiot, or Berra's new team are idiots, then Hearts will likely be paying some new team to take him on to offset the wage bill. There's no way around that, barring aforementioned idiocy.

9 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Option 1. I think Berra will know himself he can’t demand silly money elsewhere so your being a bit silly thinking otherwise. Probably end up at Dundee Utd

So you think a player who knows this is his last big wage, of his entire career, is going to walk out on that wage with 18 months left of it to get?

Would you?

If hes on £4k a week that's over quarter of a million pounds, guaranteed, you're expecting him to just walk away from.

Edited by RandomGuy.