Heart of Midlothian 2014-

From the outside looking in, it's always seemed to me that the signing policy and squad building have been a shambles. That's not to say that there isn't any decent players there, but there doesn't seem to be much thought behind it. Guys in their late 20's and early (or even mid) 30's with no sell on value. Mid 20's jobbers and squad fillers. Only Souttar and Halkett strike me as players bought at a good age with potential to sell on for profit.

Whilst not anywhere near the Romanov era of a 'faceless cast of thousands'. It appears that players are signed for the sake of it sometimes. Hearts have one of if not the biggest budget outside the OF and it's squandered on mediocrity. Instead of say, paying a bit extra for a good midfielder and having a cheap back up or youngster, it's spent on 3 players of similar quality.

Levein has left an absolute mess behind him. 

It’s not about ability. It’s about the basics. Working hard, application, team work and digging in when the going gets tough.
That’s what wins you football matches.
We’ve a group who collectively have no fight, will hide when they need to be brave and ultimately, cannot handle the expectation level of playing for Hearts.
There as so many other factors regarding where we find ourselves, confidence is clearly a massive one, squad size and the imbalance of it too...but we lack the fundamentals any football team needs and it’s so apparent when we come up against teams around us who quite simply, want it more.

This BBC documentary will be some viewing.

Apologies going post daft the night.......

Would you take Macca back Tam? Anyone else? I’d have said no but half a season to sign off with us would do eh?

No danger Hearts will do business when we are so close to each other mind.

Budge & Co have to be looking at how much relegation will cost the club. 

It’d be okay if we accept that debt right now and loan a few players above what we can really afford, save us going down.

A Cameron, Skacel & Naismith from some places wherever they are would be ideal. There will be good players out there., players too good for us that we will just have to pay for in the short term if we want to stay up. 

f**k pretending the players we have are good and hoping we stay up. 

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

From the outside looking in, it's always seemed to me that the signing policy and squad building have been a shambles. That's not to say that there isn't any decent players there, but there doesn't seem to be much thought behind it. Guys in their late 20's and early (or even mid) 30's with no sell on value. Mid 20's jobbers and squad fillers. Only Souttar and Halkett strike me as players bought at a good age with potential to sell on for profit.

Whilst not anywhere near the Romanov era of a 'faceless cast of thousands'. It appears that players are signed for the sake of it sometimes. Hearts have one of if not the biggest budget outside the OF and it's squandered on mediocrity. Instead of say, paying a bit extra for a good midfielder and having a cheap back up or youngster, it's spent on 3 players of similar quality.

Levein has left an absolute mess behind him. 

You will be hard pushed to find a Hearts fan who disagrees with that. Budge is equally as culpable for the whole shitshow too.

31 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apologies going post daft the night.......

Would you take Macca back Tam? Anyone else? I’d have said no but half a season to sign off with us would do eh?

No danger Hearts will do business when we are so close to each other mind.

You talking to me?

If so, na, I'd rather we went for a  younger, taller striker who loves a headed goal and can bring others into play. Better than Callum Hendry before any Saints fans say we already have that. Random mentioned Nesbitt before, I'd be willing to take a chance as he seems to have improved over the last wee while.

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Not going to be the third person to quote RJC, but he's spot on - unlike his brother MJC, who never is.

People have just decided to repeat this mantra of Hearts having a squad full of quality, when all evidence points against it.

Sure, they could be playing better than they currently are, and a lack of confidence plays a part in that, but what position do Hearts' squad really merit on paper?

We've got a good right back, a 17 year old that should play less before we ruin him, a permanently injured defensive mid, permanently injured centre half and a permanently injured forward. The rest of the squad is, at best, fucking cowardly.

12th seems fine.

Be afraid, even your apparent best players are absolutely deluded about their current situation.

We've never finished below 8th under TW, and Halkett has never played for a team who have finished above Saints...

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be afraid, even your apparent best players are absolutely deluded about their current situation.

We've never finished below 8th under TW, and Halkett has never played for a team who have finished above Saints...

This is so far down the list of things that hearts fans give a f**k about right now. Way way way down the list. 

16 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

This is so far down the list of things that hearts fans give a f**k about right now. Way way way down the list. 

You're not worried your players are publicly telling lies to try and excuse, what they also publicly admit, a lack of fight in the squad.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're not worried your players are publicly telling lies to try and excuse, what they also publicly admit, a lack of fight in the squad.

I'm worried because we only have 4 good players in our entire squad and 3 of them are constantly injured. Meanwhile, bafflingly, our owner seems to be under the false impression that the squad of players we have is capable of challenging in the top half of the table when the reality is we are rock bottom where we deserve to be from our form over the last 18 months. 

Is it even remotely realistic that Halkett has attempted to fool people deliberately into believing St Johnstone are shitter than they are in order to justify hearts being currently shite? Think about what you are saying. Is it not more likely that Halkett is just thick as f**k and trotting out the usual cliches expected of players at press conferences?  

1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

A victory which leaves Heart of Midlothian Football Club as the nailed-on relegation candidate favourite.

I had to check if that was literally true. Apparently Hearts are nowhere near the favourite; SkyBet have Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren ahead of them in the running for a bottom two place, with Hearts at an almost profligate 4/1. The political stats nerds at fivethirtyeight, on the other hand, put Hearts as the favourite at a 45% chance of relegation.

Petrie.gif.9dfff94e6026d3542e132845fd4c2606.gif

Edited by Aim Here

54 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I just don't understand why that silly old c**t Budge has Levein doing anything in or around the club.

It's like Mrs LH coming home early from work on a Thursday, catching me baws-deep in my sister-in-law, then showing her how our dishwasher works.

I'm not sure whether you're Craig Levein because you're shafting Heart of Midlothian's fanbase and why Ann Budge is showing Hearts fans about a dishwasher, or your wife is Craig Levein and your sister-in-law is Daniel Stendel and the dishwasher is Heart of Midlothian football club and you're the entire first team squad. Analogy is unclear.

Is there a P&B thread for thinly-veiled male-menopausal sex-fantasies where this could be clarified?