Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully it started before Leveins sacking.

Eagle-eyed fans may have already spotted television crews shadowing members of Hearts’ staff during the recent home match against Rangers at Tynecastle, with filming across several areas of the club already underway.

Edinburgh Evening News reporting that Felix Magath is applying for the job

As a manager he won the bundesliga twice with Bayern and once more with Wolfsburg but everything went wrong when he was at Fulham which is basically why he might just end up in Scotland

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/german-legend-felix-magath-applies-become-hearts-new-manager-921324

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Edinburgh Evening News reporting that Felix Magath is applying for the job

As a manager he won the bundesliga twice with Bayern and once more with Wolfsburg but everything went wrong when he was at Fulham which is basically why he might just end up in Scotland

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/german-legend-felix-magath-applies-become-hearts-new-manager-921324

RUxNODE2MTMwOTY=.jpg?width=6406567738-penfold.png

I have no idea what this appointment would mean football-wise, but I'm wholeheartedly in favour of it based on looks alone.

Might have the wrong guy, but is he not an absolute nutter? Sure theres some story about him getting the Fulham players in and making them sprint for 90 minutes non-stop, three times a day.

He also completely cuts off any player who he doesnt like, based on nothing more than the fact he looks at them and decides they aren't for him.

Might have the wrong guy, but is he not an absolute nutter? Sure theres some story about him getting the Fulham players in and making them sprint for 90 minutes non-stop, three times a day.
He also completely cuts off any player who he doesnt like, based on nothing more than the fact he looks at them and decides they aren't for him.

Can’t mind the specifics but aye, apparently he is/was a mentalist. Considering most our squad seems to be made of plasticine and duct tape I’m not sure this would be a great idea. That, and it being probably a decade since he last done well.

12 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Can’t mind the specifics but aye, apparently he is/was a mentalist. Considering most our squad seems to be made of plasticine and duct tape I’m not sure this would be a great idea. That, and it being probably a decade since he last done well.

Be great fun for everyone else though.

Imagine Edinburgh derbies if Magath and Warnock were in opposing dugouts :lol:

Magath is a bit of a nut-job by some accounts. 

Wonder if, at the age of 71, and having said he may retire at the end of the season, Warnock might be tempted by the Sporting Director gig - he said he liked Hearts when he sign Patterson, and he recently said he'd always fancied a crack at breaking the old-firm monopoly. 

Edited by paranoid android

Magath is a bit of a nut-job by some accounts. 
Wonder if, at the age of 71, and having said he may retire at the end of the season, Warnock might be tempted by the Sporting Director gig - he said he liked Hearts when he sign Patterson, and he recently said he'd always fancied a crack at breaking the old-firm monopoly. 

IMG_1352.jpg
Think he meant this.

22 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Did Magath not make Fulham players rub cheese on their injuries?

On the basis it'd be like a throwback to the Romanov/Malofeev days I'm in.  If we insist on being shite it might as well be a laugh.

By all accounts the cheese story was misrepresented.

Defender Hangeland claimed Magath told him to treat an injured thigh with a block of cheese soaked in alcohol.

"I merely suggested it could be worth trying the old wives' tale of applying quark cheese to the injured area," said Magath, 61.

"These false-stories from the player Hangeland are rubbish. I would never tell a doctor what to do.

"But sadly this story has now been taken on and distorted by the media."

Link

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

By all accounts the cheese story was misrepresented.

I'd go for a bag of small frozen vegetables instead but a ball of soft cheese would actually make quite an effective improvised cold compress.

So my advice to Felix if he suggested treating injuries with cheese would be "Give peas a chance"

I'll get my coat

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'll get my coat

Don't bother.  Your coat was doused in petrol and set alight and then 30 minutes later when the flames had lowered to a safe level they were extinguished with a gallon of piss.

You leave now....but you leave coatless.