Heart of Midlothian 2014-

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/2365

So, the plan is to appoint a Sporting Director, then a coach/manager - the latter will have to be happy to work with a SD.

I'd rather the coach had a free hand to manage the squad, and overhaul the training.

Robinson would be a sensible, but safe appointment (if he wants it), and I like what Gary Holt has done as Livi, but I currently favour Jack Ross - in the unlikely event that we can have bygones over the way he left last time. - if that means removing certain members of the backroom staff, that's probably a bonus.

Given that discussion usually resolves around former Hearts players and we were talking about black mangers I had a search for any black former Hearts players who have gone  into management

I didn't find any but I did find that Ricardo Fuller is back playing at the grand old age of 40 . Admittedly it's for Nantwich town in the English 7th tier but nonetheless well done to the guy

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Given that discussion usually resolves around former Hearts players and we were talking about black mangers I had a search for any black former Hearts players who have gone  into management
I didn't find any but I did find that Ricardo Fuller is back playing at the grand old age of 40 . Admittedly it's for Nantwich town in the English 7th tier but nonetheless well done to the guy

David Obua is assistant at “Maroons FC” in Uganda according to Wiki. Does for me!

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Struggle to believe there is a conscious reluctance to employ black managers.

I think it's more likely that there's a reluctance to give opportunities to those with little experience given the short term demands at football clubs. And unfortunately due to historic issues there are very few experienced black managers out there. 

Might well be a subconscious reluctance for some. But in English Leagues 25%  of players but just 3% of managers, suggests something is working against black managers. 

27 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Do Hearts really want someone as ugly as Gary Holt in charge?

Stephen Robinson is also really, really ugly.

Mark McGhee or Neil McCann- now there's a couple of handsome guys...

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Do Hearts really want someone as ugly as Gary Holt in charge?

I think it's an impressive testament to just how damaged the Hearts support is that Holt is only about the 8th worse candidate I've seen put forward.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Might well be a subconscious reluctance for some. But in English Leagues 25%  of players but just 3% of managers, suggests something is working against black managers. 

To be fair I reckon some of that is due to a higher proportion of black players being foreign and less likely to stick around after their playing career than English guys. 

That obviously doesn't account for the entire figures and I think there definitely is still discrimination, conscious or not, but hopefully it's beginning to change.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

7 hours ago, Darren said:

Can you imagine some elements of our support if we had a black manager and he didn't do well?

Aye there would inevitably be ugly incidents. 

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

It’s pretty terrible that you would have to think that but fair play for admitting it. 

It's an issue to a lesser or greater extent at all clubs, Celtic included. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it's more likely that there's a reluctance to give opportunities to those with little experience given the short term demands at football clubs. And unfortunately due to historic issues there are very few experienced black managers out there. 

I count that currently 61 out of 92 Senior English clubs have managers under 50 years of age. With this in mind, what historic issues specifically account for the severe lack of black representation in management?  The point is there is unconscious bias in recruitment. That's not limited to football. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't think there's a conscious bias, but there is clearly a subconscious one.

I don't take the point about clubs appointing experienced managers at all. Granted, there is that small group of clubs in England who employ managers off the Moyes/Allardyce/Pardew/Bruce merry-go-round. However it has never been more fashionable to appoint young managers with no/little experience. A different level perhaps but 4 out of the last 5 Airdrie managers have been first time managers with an average age of well under 40. The one 'experienced' one was the then 37 year old Ian Murray. Ayr just appointed a 35 year old with no coaching experience whilst top of the league. Hearts and Hibs themselves have shown this themselves in recent years with Cathro and Stubbs both having no experience but still getting appointed. There are countless other examples from the English Premier League all the way down to Scottish League Two.

A lack of experience is certainly not a factor in stopping white managers getting jobs, so if it is a factor stopping black managers then it obviously isn't the real factor at all.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

Holt would be about the worst appointment you could make unless he’s taking the puppet master with him. 

A fact that is constantly lost on the Kickback brain trust. Some c**t mentioned Walter Smith earlier.  wiggo.png

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Holt would be about the worst appointment you could make unless he’s taking the puppet master with him. 

Holt and his so called puppet master definatly had Levien and Mcphee in their back pockets as i recall.Dont panick, niether are going anywhere.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/i-have-not-been-manipulated-hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-new-sporting-director-role-and-craig-leveins-job-826636

It seems that budge want to divide the staff, every people will have less power than CL (who apparently has total football control), not bad. more people will have differents points of view

each proffesional in his duties/plot, a mister in the field, head recruitment/scout for signing/selling players, head youth academy etc and over them a main manager....