Heart of Midlothian 2014-

If we looked back the time since CL comed back:

after the economic problems

-In championship he signed neilson (his best decision, and maybe the only...), the team prometed easily with really good signings, a strong team, but, who decided the players, CL or RN?

- after promotion, a strong championship squad with some new player, the team finish in european position his first season, no doubt was a big success

- after that, wrong decision by wrong decision, bad signings (and too many), neilson departure, cathro signing, more extrange and large signigns, later he came back as field manager, defensive tactics, more extrange and large signigns.... 

finally a exciting begining last year, when everyone though we can fight for europe, and a strange drop till know... this summer again more strange and large signigns, and bottom of the league....

He has promoted some youth jambos, some of them look decent for the team, but they has disappeared (macdonald, cochrane, morrison), instead of them we have a big team with 25 players, where some of the arent better than youth players, dont play anything and still CL is signing more (brozanic, garuccio, dikamona, wrighton, white etc etc)

*** sorry for my english.....xd***

10 minutes ago, McGarci said:

-In championship he signed neilson (his best decision, and maybe the only...), the team prometed easily with really good signings, a strong team, but, who decided the players, CL or RN?

- after promotion, a strong championship squad with some new player, the team finish in european position his first season, no doubt was a big success

- after that, wrong decision by wrong decision, bad signings (and too many), neilson departure, cathro signing, more extrange and large signigns, later he came back as field manager, defensive tactics, more extrange and large signigns.... 

finally a exciting begining last year, when everyone though we can fight for europe, and a strange drop till know... this summer again more strange and large signigns, and bottom of the league....

He has promoted some youth jambos, some of them look decent for the team, but they has disappeared (macdonald, cochrane, morrison), instead of them we have a big team with 25 players, where some of the arent better than youth players, dont play anything and still CL is signing more (brozanic, garuccio, dikamona, wrighton, white etc etc)

Out of curiosity, are you the Romanian gentleman that featured on the Scarves Around The Funnel podcast a couple of weeks ago?

22 hours ago, Eckauskas said:

Not even feeling angry anymore, I'm now just apathetic to it all.

The club have successfully beaten the desire to watch my team every week right out of me.

You lasted a couple of weeks more than me. Welcome to the club, I’ll no be back until that c***s got his jotters 

1 hour ago, McGarci said:

A pretty accurate summary since the takeover.  Levein did well to steady the ship after the Cathro fiasco but its been a year long slide now and it's clear there is no plan. 

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

A pretty accurate summary since the takeover.  Levein did well to steady the ship after the Cathro fiasco but its been a year long slide now and it's clear there is no plan. 

Are Hearts in a better position now than under Cathro? From an outsider point of view it’s hard to tell.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are Hearts in a better position now than under Cathro? From an outsider point of view it’s hard to tell.

I'm not sure how the stats bear out but it never seemed like a Cathro side could compete with Hibernian whereas Levein's derby record isn't actually that bad. Having said that Hibernian have been on the slide since then which is probably the biggest contributing factor rather than us catching up with them.    

To answer your question, it's got to the stage where I'm not sure. Both are huge underachievers for the budget being spent. The frustrating thing is we have signed some good players but Levein can't get a tune from them. He also should shoulder some residual blame for Cathro getting the gig before him. 

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'm not sure how the stats bear out...

Cathro managed 22 league games, won 5, drew 4, lost 13. 

Leveins last 22 league matches have 5 wins, 3 draws and 13 losses...

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

That’s how bad Levein has become - he can’t even turn up for the right number of games!

Haven't you made a serious point by accident .. was he in hospital for one of those games?

(appreciate even if he was he would have still technically been the manager)

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

14 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

No, I am spanish, I lived close to haymarket the year of relegation , firstly a suit man shown me tynecastle and after that I went 3 or 4 matches (I remember cup win against QotS and lost against st mirren in league). since this day I follow hearts every I can, and try to watch a match in the stadium every time I visit edinburgh.

my first match I remember that ask the man who sit near me if all the players names jamie....xd (macdonald, walker, hammil)

36 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Haven't you made a serious point by accident .. was he in hospital for one of those games?

(appreciate even if he was he would have still technically been the manager)

You’re probably right. On that serious point of his health, the board are doing him no favours here. He’s clearly a proud man and not a quitter. But he is also clearly not doing an adequate job (with the first team) considering the resources he has. In that situation for the club, for the fans, for the players and for the man himself, he should be asked to step aside. It’s what would happen in any other business.