Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

This is a goer by the sound of it.

Not sure what to think tbh.

Just praying that AB isn’t playing for time, hoping that if we somehow fluke 1-0 win at ER, that that somehow is us turning the corner. After 5 years in control and 36 signings in the last couple of years alone, Levein has us no better than Ross County, Hamilton Accies and Motherwell. Enough.

My new favourite thing is one of the chief administrators of Kickback using her personal Twitter account to tell folk that “it’s just a game”, which will be very handy to remember the next time they come asking for donations. 

Would've been nice to know before people had been emptying their accounts on buying extra season tickets, shares and attending fundraising rallies to keep the club afloat though. Mightn’t have bothered since it’s just a game. 

The only thing worse than that literally every Hearts tweet being followed with a 'Sack Levein' response is almost every suggestion for his replacement. I still get nightmares from the shortlist we put up before Levein took over, and I'd have McCann as on par with the names on them.

How sure are we that this supposed managerial appointment isn't Craig Levein's standard pre-derby mindgames?

At this stage in the buildup, we should be due a backpage story reporting rumours of the 'Naismith's taken a bad knock in training, Berra was crushed by a falling grand piano on Slateford Road and Souttar is pregnant and has taken six months maternity leave' variety - only to see all three taking pride of place in the starting lineup. So far, nothing.

My guess is that in the current febrile climate, Levein has reckoned that it's more plausible for him to have sacked and replaced himself before he was pushed than it is for the players to catch bubonic plague immediately before a Hibs game yet again, and has leaked the rumours appropriately...

Edited by Aim Here

22 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

How sure are we that this supposed managerial appointment isn't Craig Levein's standard pre-derby mindgames?

Because it's being taken as gospel after some length on Kickback (who also said the Whelan deal was dead and that he'd leave the site if he signed) said it was happening.