Heart of Midlothian 2014-

19 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Only just realised you have sent Olly Lee away on loan, I was a bit surprised as whenever I've seen Hearts play he has a bit of quality about him. What was the reasoning behind it? I may be totally wrong in my opinion as I don't see him play every week.

Wasn't very mobile, played too many safe passes and just didn't have much of an impact in most games. Scoring the winner against Hibs at Easter road can't save him from the fact he's average as hell.

11 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Aye I'm no going to ridicule folk doing it (outside of pointing out it's no that clever), at least it makes them feel like they're doing something. It's the arseholes that are sitting with their fingers in their ears that I'm losing patience with. (Though obviously due to location that is literally my own fault for going on JKB)

Exactly. 

Folk aren’t going to boycott games, because that’s not what the Hearts support is about. But I totally understand why people feel like this is the only way to feel like they’re taking a stand. 

It just feels now like even if Levein turns it around, it won't feel like enough (I mean what would turn it around? A 6 game winning run?). Other than our wee purple patch last season, it's felt like the same turgid pish since Neilson left and we're sick of the sight of it.

Something is going to give at the end of this season one way or another. Either Levein does find a way to turn it around in time for the FOH taking over or he and anyone else that is complicit with this regime get launched as we'll have all(even the happy clappers) had enough by then.

Morning Hearts fans. I wrote this piece on Hamilton and Aberdeen, but threw in a few lines on Hearts too which I doubt you'd disagree with? Hopefully things will pick up for you and the football becomes a bit more palatable at the very least.

https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/able-accies-hopeless-hearts/

As an aside, I'm a Burton Albion supporter and have been very impressed with Ryan Edwards so far. Brilliant energy levels, he doesn't seem to stop running, which comes in handy in League 1. Has got himself a couple of goals too, pleased we managed to secure his services from yourselves. 

1 hour ago, JamieG said:

Morning Hearts fans. I wrote this piece on Hamilton and Aberdeen, but threw in a few lines on Hearts too which I doubt you'd disagree with? Hopefully things will pick up for you and the football becomes a bit more palatable at the very least.

https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/able-accies-hopeless-hearts/

As an aside, I'm a Burton Albion supporter and have been very impressed with Ryan Edwards so far. Brilliant energy levels, he doesn't seem to stop running, which comes in handy in League 1. Has got himself a couple of goals too, pleased we managed to secure his services from yourselves. 

Pleased he has settled in well at Burton.

A player who gives 100%, but when selected, would have to spend most of his time in a midfield watching balls being shelled over their heads was never going to work for Ryan in a Hearts side under Levein.

Good luck to him and Burton for the season.

4 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Pleased he has settled in well at Burton.

A player who gives 100%, but when selected, would have to spend most of his time in a midfield watching balls being shelled over their heads was never going to work for Ryan in a Hearts side under Levein.

Good luck to him and Burton for the season.

Thanks LincolnHearts. Watching Hearts highlights I've quickly realised why he was allowed to leave, its not a style of play you'd incorporate him in. 

Great avatar by the way! 

It's a tossup between Edwards and Vanacek for the strangest signings of the Levein/Budge era. Obviously there has been worse signings in terms of value but those two and the way they were used (or not) was as bizarre as the worst of the Romanov era.  

Edwards was a strange one, I may have commented at the time. He came in and was almost immediately punted out. He came back and was ignored for months, finally got a chance and done well...then gets punted. Good enough? Probably not but while Clare is technically better Edwards would probably be doing more for us just now. Bozanic? Not getting a chance. Haring, injured and Damour and Whelan came in long after Edwards left. Strange.

40 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Edwards was a strange one, I may have commented at the time. He came in and was almost immediately punted out. He came back and was ignored for months, finally got a chance and done well...then gets punted. Good enough? Probably not but while Clare is technically better Edwards would probably be doing more for us just now. Bozanic? Not getting a chance. Haring, injured and Damour and Whelan came in long after Edwards left. Strange.

Edwards strikes me as the sort of player who would fit in with a team who are greater than the sum of all its parts.  Wish him the best. 

Edwards strikes me as the sort of player who would fit in with a team who are greater than the sum of all its parts.  Wish him the best. 

Aye, probably right there. Livi being a fine example, he’d probably thrive there. I imagine he’s on a decent whack down there so all the best to him and hope he does well.

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Softening us up for a merger. Leeann as Chief Exec, Levein as DoF and Hecky as Head coach. New soul-less St Johnston- style stadium out at Newcraighall. You heard it here first.

Where have you heard this m8? Can't see it happening tbh too much history between the sides. 

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Softening us up for a merger. Leeann as Chief Exec, Levein as DoF and Hecky as Head coach. New soul-less St Johnston- style stadium out at Newcraighall. You heard it here first.

Heard the team name will be Harp of Midlothian and we'll have maroon and green hoops.