Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

4 years is dodgy as f**k for a 32 year old with dodgy knees and who has yet to play a competitive game this year.

It would be.  Luckily Naismith has played competitive football this year and is now fully fit.

No problem with the 4 year deal. The reports from the closed door game against St Mirren summed up his effect, after going 1-0 down he was reported to have shouted "lets show some fucking quality" and we went on to win 7-1 that's the effect he has on the team. 

4 years is a bit of a gamble with his fitness issues, but I imagine that length is pretty much the only reason we could get him permanently.  If we get 2 good seasons out of him it's probably a gamble worth taking considering how much of a difference he makes to us.  Plus having Walker back should probably allow us to manage Naismith's schedule a bit better and allow us to rest him in some games.

And let's not forget, he'll still be younger than Stevie MacLean when his deal is up. 

2 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We've signed Alex Petkov on loan, Is he decent? 

Not really seen much of him for the first team, has looked good for the reserves on the odd occasion I've seen him.  Got our reserve player of the year, so it'll be good if he can get regular football.

Edited by Tony Wonder

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

4 years is a bit of a gamble with his fitness issues, but I imagine that length is pretty much the only reason we could get him permanently.  If we get 2 good seasons out of him it's probably a gamble worth taking considering how much of a difference he makes to us.  Plus having Walker back should probably allow us to manage Naismith's schedule a bit better and allow us to rest him in some games.

And let's not forget, he'll still be younger than Stevie MacLean when his deal is up. 

One might reasonably assume that the overall cost for 4 years will be significantly less than double what it would have cost to get him on a two year contract. 

Hopefully he goes from being the lynchpin at the start to being useful cover for in 4 years time.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

44 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We've signed Alex Petkov on loan, Is he decent? 

As Tony Wonder has said. He has looked decent for the reserves. Could be a good signing depending on whether he adjusts to the physicality of the league. On another note I'll be coming to watch every week Hearts are away and you're at home cos I'm 5 minutes away. Hope the football is better than Leveinball?

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Some of those 4 years might be in a coaching capacity. Could be a player-manager? Hopefully not for a couple of years - but if we carry on looking toothless....

Edited by Pet Jeden

3 hours ago, The Tackle said:

As Tony Wonder has said. He has looked decent for the reserves. Could be a good signing depending on whether he adjusts to the physicality of the league. On another note I'll be coming to watch every week Hearts are away and you're at home cos I'm 5 minutes away. Hope the football is better than Leveinball?

Good to hear he has potential hopefully he ends up being a mutually beneficial move for both clubs and yes we play football how it should be played, Lennons got us playing the best we have in years and he still thinks he can get more out of the players.