Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yes, but you’ve got to go all the way back to a late winner at Pittodrie by Denis McQuade in the 1970s !

The side that won there at the end of 2015-16 was decent enough but I was thinking more of the relegation bound team that won 3-1 at Pittodrie in 2013

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The side that won there at the end of 2015-16 was decent enough but I was thinking more of the relegation bound team that won 3-1 at Pittodrie in 2013

Had forgotten all about that win. But actually, looking at that relegation team's league win rate - roughly they would win 1, draw 1, lose 2. That's not far off our batting average since last Oct. And looking at the team -  MacDonald, Hamill, McGhee, Wilson, McHattie, McGowan ,Robinson, Holt, Walker, Stevenson, Patterson - I can only see McGhee, Wilson and Robinson struggling to get game time in today's team. That is a massive indictment of Levein because the relegation squad was operating under a crack-pot regime and the players that stayed were those that either had no transfer value or were prepared to play for sweeties or IOUs. Levein has had Scotland's 4th largest budget at his disposal for a few of years now and off the field all is ship shape. He really needs a good first quarter. I hope he achieves it.

21 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hertz Sheep game will be a fascinating one, should be on Sky and not Sevco but this is the weege goldfish bowl of Scottish fitba. The natives in Gorgie are certainly getting restless re Levein. Can see a few irate locals storming the barricades should McInnes hump em.

Usually 2 games live on TV on the opening weekend but not this year which is odd. With Killie, Rangers and Aberdeen all going into the Europa, it would've made sense to just have both games on the Sunday from the off, both televised.

On 27/07/2019 at 18:47, The Tackle said:

OP has previous over there, and while I don't know him personally, I am aware of who he is.

He's definitely not the full schilling for sure.

My personal favourite post was when being called out as a shitebag, he pointed out that 'ah used to sit wi the boys in sections N and G ken?'

I hope this year the team fight for europe, the signings seems better than the departures (waiting a midfield for djoum... mulumbu?)

but IMO levein is a obsolete manager, maybe as director is much better, but their tactics, decision are worse year by year

I think he should stay as "sport director", signing, youth develop etc but another manager younger, more modern and brave should be better for the team (someone like neilson)

come on jambos from spain!

I hear we won 7-1 yesterday in a closed door game against St. Mirren. 

Naismith played as a trialist and was coaching and encouraging the team from the pitch throughout.

Could his return really make such a difference...

I hear we won 7-1 yesterday in a closed door game against St. Mirren. 
Naismith played as a trialist and was coaching and encouraging the team from the pitch throughout.
Could his return really make such a difference...

How drunk were you last season? Different team completely without him. Saying that, he’s getting older and his impact is going to lessen at some point...just hopefully no yet.

I hope this year the team fight for europe, the signings seems better than the departures (waiting a midfield for djoum... mulumbu?)
 but IMO levein is a obsolete manager, maybe as director is much better, but their tactics, decision are worse year by year

I think he should stay as "sport director", signing, youth develop etc but another manager younger, more modern and brave should be better for the team (someone like neilson)

come on jambos from spain!
To be fair his tactics dont get worse they just stay the same, the exact same. Think every team in the league has sussed his plans.

Tbf he has three distinct tactics.

Championship - League Two teams: Try to win 1-0

Premiership teams: Try to draw 0-0

Old Firm: Thank you sir, may I have another

Sadly under utilising his secret weapon;

It’s fuckin’ Hibs lads!

ETA: which was Gary Locke’s only tactic.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

4 years is dodgy as f**k for a 32 year old with dodgy knees and who has yet to play a competitive game this year.

You could argue every signing is a gamble but at least they know what they can expect from him IF he can stay fit.  The difference he made to Hearts when he played was genuinely remarkable.

There is clearly something away from the playing side involved here.

His influence on the kids is massive and we are lucky to have him around for the next 4 years. He is a born winner.

I predict we will have the league in the bag by the middle of October at the latest.

Edited by LincolnHearts

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

4 years is dodgy as f**k for a 32 year old with dodgy knees and who has yet to play a competitive game this year.

It will be worth it just for more of this.

naismith tackle.PNG

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

I predict we will have the league in the bag by the middle of October at the latest.

Agreed We've got a tough opening spell so we may struggle to win it by the end of September like last year

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)