Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, McGarci said:

so I suppose brandon is going to be the right back sub? I like him more than godinho

He played 45 minutes at LB last night, and looked decent. Wee Cammy Logan played RB and done well too. We've had so many young RB's come through recently.

50 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Probably not if our current first team mortality rate continues, no.

Can't say I think Brandon is anything better than a lower Championship player either tbh. Luckily my man Mikey Smith is an absolute BALLER. 8)

0_14564742.jpg

A fully fit Mikey Smith. :wub:

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Haring struggling for fitness again - any c**t else think Levein might play Halket in the Haring role?

As long as Souttar doesn't go back in that role.

56 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Adam king what like???

No real idea tbh.  He only made a couple of appearances for us when he was 18.  He was highly rated and was tidy on the ball from what I saw at youth level but honestly no idea what he's like now.

On 09/07/2019 at 18:11, JamieThomas said:

Probably not if our current first team mortality rate continues, no.

Can't say I think Brandon is anything better than a lower Championship player either tbh. Luckily my man Mikey Smith is an absolute BALLER. 8)

0_14564742.jpg

Have to disagree. Smith is one of the main reasons we were so fkn ponderous last season. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. He’s a decent central defender and even a good defensive midfielder. But these days right backs / wing backs have to offer a threat too. He’s murder in the final third. And as for his his so-called long throw-ins  after 20 minutes of towelling and tumble-drying the ball .......

Guest JTS98
42 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Have to disagree. Smith is one of the main reasons we were so fkn ponderous last season. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. He’s a decent central defender and even a good defensive midfielder. But these days right backs / wing backs have to offer a threat too. He’s murder in the final third. And as for his his so-called long throw-ins  after 20 minutes of towelling and tumble-drying the ball .......

Agree with this.

I have no problem with his attitude etc, but he kills so many of our attacks. He doesn't move into space often enough and looks for the ball to feet when a more competent footballer would run onto the ball and give a move more pace. This allows teams to get deep against us when we should be breaking quickly. I really think he's one of the main reasons we struggle to break teams down.

29 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Objectively the best RB at the club since the days of Stevie Frail.

5jNkXKm.png

Preferred Patterson, although he was the complete opposite - all rampaging forward and suicide last ditch tackles. Mind you, at least his long throws were better than my mum's.

Funny how we have had very few great right backs but been blessed with a string of top quality left backs over the last few decades.  McKinlay, Pointon, Naysmith, Fyssas, Goncalves, Wallace. Hopefully Hickey to add to the list.

Was Robbie Neilson not brilliant for you lot? 

I watched that murderous c**t curve passes in to the main stand for what felt like 100 years. Always gave 100% though, could fling the ball a mile, scored the winner against Basel away, made a great tackle in a Scottish cup final then scored his pen and bodied the championship as manager so despite not being all that good (read: hopeless) at football he was brilliant, aye and I love him dearly.

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Objectively the best RB at the club since the days of Stevie Frail.

5jNkXKm.png

Stevie Frail is a great shout, he was magic before he got injured, had a great delivery.  

Of course when I first started going to games the incumbent was none other than Zico. A great memory of him is putting in the cross for Galloway to score in Vienna.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Stevie Frail is a great shout, he was magic before he got injured, had a great delivery.  

Of course when I first started going to games the incumbent was none other than Zico. A great memory of him is putting in the cross for Galloway to score in Vienna.

I remember Stevie Frail scoring the equalizer in a 2-2 game at Parkhead in the 90's. Absolute scenes as someone next to me shouted 'Hit it ya c*nt' as it went in.

Funniest part of the day was at half-time when the Grand National commentary was played over the tannoy system and the subsequent groans from most of the Celtic fans as giro's disappeared when Double Silk fell.