Heart of Midlothian 2014-

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I've got a friend (honestly, I do have a friend) who is a Cambridge fan, been to a couple of their games.  One of them was when they humped Hartlepool away 5-0 and Uche terrorised them, I remember saying if we'd had him up front instead of Azeez we'd be about 15 points better off as he caused the same problems as the bold Ade but looked as if he could actually score - I can see him doing well in Scotland.

Weirdly Azeez then ended up at Cambridge but never scored, and was shipped out on loan to Dover, where he still hasn't scored (although he is playing rn so you never know)

Worth noting Jayden Stockley has about 24 goals in 48 games at the level he's at. 

17 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I hope the lad from Cambridge has the good sense to take a can of lager if lockies offering.

Don’t opt for water whatever you do.

Maybe some of your own like Derek Riordan and Leigh Griffiths can form a duet and sing a nice wee we welcoming song for the lad.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting Jayden Stockley has about 24 goals in 48 games at the level he's at. 

And Jayden Stockley  got 5 goals in just under 900 minutes of football in the SPFL which is basically the same rate that he's getting in "League 2" 

The difference being that he was a fringe player at Aberdeen but he's first choice at Exeter. 

Quite where this leaves us in our attempts to triangulate different reference points for the standards of players is uncertain 

But, on paper, Ikpeazu  looks to be good enough to succeed at Hearts  but not so good that he can't fail

He looks the type that'll either be a cult hero, or he'll play about 5 games and get punted in January or next summer.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Wonder how long it will take Hibs fans to compare him to Nade or Ngoo?

Looks like slightly better version of Ngoo IMO.

20 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

He looks the type that'll either be a cult hero, or he'll play about 5 games and get punted in January or next summer.

Fair shout, tbh.

Seems to have a bit of 'ladness' about him, which can sway you both ways with the fans depending on what you do on the park.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The two aren't mutually contradictory

This is P&B, therefore I am unable and unwilling to to give a nuanced view of this signing. He's going to be either brilliant, or absolute shite.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Looks like slightly better version of Ngoo IMO.

If rumours are true, he is a cheap Lafferty. If they punt ol' staunch.

Could be cost cutting, or part of squad balancing.  Hard to say right now.

Edited by HaikuHibee

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Wonder how long it will take Hibs fans to compare him to Nade or Ngoo?

Fat Eddie Murphy despite not looking like Eddie Murphy, or a "looky looky" man would be more in fitting with their previous comparisons.

This from the Scotsman

Hearts will make moves to keep four of their five loanees for next season – Joaquim Adao, Demetri Mitchell, David Milinkovic and Steven Naismith. However, Connor Randall is set to return to Liverpool

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-attempt-to-keep-loan-quartet-at-tynecastle-1-4725815

I doubt we’ll get all four but they’re the ones I’d have chosen

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This from the Scotsman

Hearts will make moves to keep four of their five loanees for next season – Joaquim Adao, Demetri Mitchell, David Milinkovic and Steven Naismith. However, Connor Randall is set to return to Liverpool

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-attempt-to-keep-loan-quartet-at-tynecastle-1-4725815

I doubt we’ll get all four but they’re the ones I’d have chosen

Aye, Randal has done ok, but happy to let him go.

Not convinced we'll get any of the four, tbh. 

We need all four, it's that simple. Randall is a solid, dependable right back at this level, but with Godinho and Brandon, there's just no need to keep him. It's also Smith's natural position, although he's been a good utility player at centre back and centre midfield.

If our starting eleven is something like this, bearing in mind we don't seem to have one settled system:

McGregor

Smith Souttar Berra

Godinho Adao Gauld Mitchell

Naismith Lafferty Milinkovic

Then we're looking good. Shame McLaughlin will likely be away, but McShagger would be a more than good enough replacement and he'll be another one in the squad who will bam up fans of other clubs. I'd also rather see Smith on the right side of three centre backs to give Godinho a bit more cover, rather than Old Man Hughes.

And yes, I did stick Gauld in there because I've heard it on the grapevine. greggy.png

If not him, we do need another proven centre midfielder who is a bit more attack-minded and creative to fully complement Adao. Then younger players like Cochrane etc can still be utilised but not relied upon. Interested to see if Keena can make an impact next season as he's scoring in near enough every appearance for Queen's Park and the development side.

Edited by Elixir

Aye, Randal has done ok, but happy to let him go. Not convinced we'll get any of the four, tbh. 

I’d be about as surprised if we get all four as if we get none of them but then again the other 14 possibilities are all individually unlikely

It’s possible to envision any of them going either way and none of them are entirely in Hearts Control

I suspect Naismith will be the will he/won’t he story for the back pages for a bit

He’s unlikely to form a major part of Norwich’s plans so if he goes to another club it will most likely be because they’ve offered to pick up a significantly bigger slice of Norwich’s wage bill

If he has a decent game at Ibrox then we can expect a clamour to “Bring Naisy home” to the big hoose and they could probably pay Norwich more if it came to it but you get the impression that if Naismith wanted to be at Ibrox he would have been there in February and it’s not as if it looks more attractive and less of a shambolic nest of vipers now.

Demetri Mitchell is a cracking player but Jose Mourinho probably wouldn’t recognise him if he bumped into him while he was wearing an “I am Demitri Mitchell” T-shirt and Man United aren’t going to feel the need to squeeze the last dime out of his next move, however he’s probably a bit too good for this level. If we’d got a full half season out of him then we’d have less chance but his injury means that he’s only had 7 games so he might not have attracted attention further up the food chain.

Milinkovic is an odd situation. Technically he’s a Série A player but Genoa have had him out on loan to various other Italian clubs since signing him. He was all set to spend this season at Foggia until that fell through and he found himself, almost accidentally in Scotland. Again It’s difficult to see Genoa trotting him out against Juventus and Inter but he

May well prefer Serie B to another Scottish winter

And fourthly Adão. Moving from Sion was far more of a sideways move so he’s the one most likely to get recalled to play for the club he’s actually employed by.

But when the player that took Adão’s place got injured Sion brought their former captain back from the MLS to fill the gap. If he goes back to Boston then Sion will probably want Adão back. If not then he’s probably available.

In all four cases the question of whether the player personally likes it here is really important. I assume that Levein wouldn’t bother trying to keep players that were genuinely not interested in staying but some will be more interested than others.

47 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’d be about as surprised if we get all four as if we get none of them but then again the other 14 possibilities are all individually unlikely

It’s possible to envision any of them going either way and none of them are entirely in Hearts Control

I suspect Naismith will be the will he/won’t he story for the back pages for a bit

He’s unlikely to form a major part of Norwich’s plans so if he goes to another club it will most likely be because they’ve offered to pick up a significantly bigger slice of Norwich’s wage bill

If he has a decent game at Ibrox then we can expect a clamour to “Bring Naisy home” to the big hoose and they could probably pay Norwich more if it came to it but you get the impression that if Naismith wanted to be at Ibrox he would have been there in February and it’s not as if it looks more attractive and less of a shambolic nest of vipers now.

Demetri Mitchell is a cracking player but Jose Mourinho probably wouldn’t recognise him if he bumped into him while he was wearing an “I am Demitri Mitchell” T-shirt and Man United aren’t going to feel the need to squeeze the last dime out of his next move, however he’s probably a bit too good for this level. If we’d got a full half season out of him then we’d have less chance but his injury means that he’s only had 7 games so he might not have attracted attention further up the food chain.

Milinkovic is an odd situation. Technically he’s a Série A player but Genoa have had him out on loan to various other Italian clubs since signing him. He was all set to spend this season at Foggia until that fell through and he found himself, almost accidentally in Scotland. Again It’s difficult to see Genoa trotting him out against Juventus and Inter but he

May well prefer Serie B to another Scottish winter

And fourthly Adão. Moving from Sion was far more of a sideways move so he’s the one most likely to get recalled to play for the club he’s actually employed by.

But when the player that took Adão’s place got injured Sion brought their former captain back from the MLS to fill the gap. If he goes back to Boston then Sion will probably want Adão back. If not then he’s probably available.

In all four cases the question of whether the player personally likes it here is really important. I assume that Levein wouldn’t bother trying to keep players that were genuinely not interested in staying but some will be more interested than others.

I think Milenkovic and Adao probably quite like it here, but it might take fees to keep them - I also wonder whether Levien is making the right noises about Milenkovic to keep the fans happy - I'm not sure Levein has much time for players that don't keep the shape he wants.

I think Man U might want Mitchell to play for an English Championship club or suchlike.

Naismith, I think will be all about money - Norwich paid a fortune for him, and he's on a huge wage.

I'd love it if we could keep any of them.

good to be doing business early, but I'm not massively enthused by MacLean or this dude from Cambridge.

Lucky white heather. 

I think Milenkovic and Adao probably quite like it here, but it might take fees to keep them - I also wonder whether Levien is making the right noises about Milenkovic to keep the fans happy - I'm not sure Levein has much time for players that don't keep the shape he wants.
I think Man U might want Mitchell to play for an English Championship club or suchlike.
Naismith, I think will be all about money - Norwich paid a fortune for him, and he's on a huge wage.
I'd love it if we could keep any of them.
good to be doing business early, but I'm not massively enthused by MacLean or this dude from Cambridge.
Lucky white heather. 

Well I looked on the F.C. Sion forum and either they don’t expect Adão back or my ability to read Swiss French isn’t good enough