Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 minute ago, Armand 2 said:

Quite liked the cut of Cathro's jib initially but I'm starting to find his pre and post game interviews increasingly painstaking affairs littered with phrases like "I thought we were okay in the game" and inane talk about "situations".

Was such a big turnover in players always expected this month? It would be tall order for even the most experienced managers to assimilate this number of new faces into a squad half way through the season, irrespective of the fact some of them look like decent enough players.

Our squad was already weak and needing about 4 bodies at least. We also shipped 4 for various reasons and have lost Paterson and Souttar to long term injuries.  So it's partly been by design and partly by circumstance. 

Nice to see Cathros introduction into the league is helping young Scottish players like everyone claimed it would. Signing nine foreigners is a great start...

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Nice to see Cathros introduction into the league is helping young Scottish players like everyone claimed it would. Signing nine foreigners is a great start...

We don't have youngsters good enough in our development squad.  Pretty much the whole squad are fillers which we had to do after administration as the whole department had been neglected.  The under 17 crop on the other hand are very highly rated.  And despite this he's gave Currie his first start, brought Beith back from his loan and had him involved and started 6 Scots with 4 from our academy yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Splashing €200,000 on a player like Goncalves. That must be the 'living within our means' we've been told about.

I'm no mathematical genius but I'm pretty sure if you got £200k for Rossi then spent £200k on Goncalves then that would be considered breaking even. 

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm no mathematical genius but I'm pretty sure if you got £200k for Rossi then spent £200k on Goncalves then that would be considered breaking even. 

How many other Scottish clubs (Sellick aside) would be spending money on players while having a £12 million stand rebuild and stadium regeneration project going on, m8?

We're clearly just absolutely fucking loaded. Once the new stand is complete and our turnover leaves the other diddies in the dust, moves like this will be a common occurrence.

Now, I've been a pessimistic c**t of late (albeit hamming it up quite a bit), but this team should be strong and provide a solid foundation for the summer and next season:

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Tziolis Martin

Walker Djoum Gonçalves

Johnsen

Could still improve on a couple of positions, but that can be done in the summer. WIth Berra likely signing and Paterson due back around October/November having hopefully signed a bumper shree-year deal.

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

How many other Scottish clubs (Sellick aside) would be spending money on players while having a £12 million stand rebuild and stadium regeneration project going on, m8?

We're clearly just absolutely fucking loaded. Once the new stand is complete and our turnover leaves the other diddies in the dust, moves like this will be a common occurrence.

Two and a half seasons tops before we're too big for this tinpot league set up. I imagine Florentino Perez and Andrea Agnelli are watching what's going on in Gorgie right now with great interest, tbqh.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I am a bit disappointed that he thinks signing players with pedigree will help us. I was hoping he'd turn Liam Smith and Rory Currie into international superstars instead.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Now, I've been a pessimistic c**t of late (albeit hamming it up quite a bit), but this team should be strong and provide a solid foundation for the summer and next season:

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Tziolis Martin

Walker Djoum Gonçalves

Johnsen

Could still improve on a couple of positions, but that can be done in the summer. WIth Berra likely signing and Paterson due back around October/November having hopefully signed a bumper shree-year deal.

Full of Scots I see