Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Cowie was a decent player when I last saw him a few years ago and that player would fit nicely into the role Buaben is currently playing IMO.

I haven't seen him play for about five years though and he'll be 33 soon. File under "meh" for now.

He's a player who spent his prime playing in the English Championship, with a short spell in the EPL too. If we can still get that out of him for another half season, or maybe 18 months, then a centre midfield of Djoum, Pallardo and Cowie could be pretty strong, tbf.

It is the Scottish Premiership, mind. :lol:

Except Cowie has played far more games for far longer at a higher level than Lappin has.

Why are you always so utterly defensive about everything Hearts do?

The comparison went as far as ageing Scottish midfielder, who once played in the Premiership, whos barely played in 12 months. Hes played 10 times since last March, with only two of those starts.

He played 30 times last season m8. Don't let the facts get in the way of your mind-numbingly boring analysis.

We'll still finish a mile ahead of your shite-box outfit regardless of whether he signs and plays or not.

Seems a similar signing to when we signed Lappin.

Unlucky.

The more I think about it we have dropped silly points from winning positions, maybe Neilson wanted a bit of experience to manage games when trying to see them out.

The fact Aberdeen have made good use of similar signings in this league would suggest it may be a shrewd move.

He played 30 times last season m8. Don't let the facts get in the way of your mind-numbingly boring analysis.

We'll still finish a mile ahead of your shite-box outfit regardless of whether he signs and plays or not.

:lol: yeah he played in 30 games, but if you go back to February last year you find hes only played over 45 minutes four times. Even youd be embarrassed to claim thats regular football.

Much as I value the opinions of Random Guy and Elixir and even though I find their exchange elucidating, entertaining and fascinating I'm going to assume that Craig Levein knows more about football than either of them.

I hope no offence is taken and assure everyone that none is intended

I wasnt even judging the signing, was merely saying it resembled a deal we've made thats been a poor piece of business.

Saint Johnstone must surely at some point in their history have also hired someone whose career was in the doldrums and who was getting on a bit and got a new lease of life out of them.

Saint Johnstone must surely at some point in their history have also hired someone whose career was in the doldrums and who was getting on a bit and got a new lease of life out of them.

Can't think of any 33 year olds who've barely played for the previous 12 months tbh. Only player fitting that is Lappin, who's been average at best.