SPFL TV Deal Possibly to be Reconstructed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did laugh at the suggestion the SPFL tv deal is worth £15 million a year. According to the Wrestling Observer, Sky's new deal with WWE is worth an average of $30 million a year over 5 years. $30 million is £17.91M currently.

SPFL, officially less important to Sky than the rasslin. :blink:

Did laugh at the suggestion the SPFL tv deal is worth £15 million a year. According to the Wrestling Observer, Sky's new deal with WWE is worth an average of $30 million a year over 5 years. $30 million is £17.91M currently.

It's about how many viewers they get, if more people watched SPFL we''d be able to demand more money.

No one wants to watch the football in Scotland, most of the games are awful.

It's about how many viewers they get, if more people watched SPFL we''d be able to demand more money.

No one wants to watch the football in Scotland, most of the games are awful.

yup when i talk with clients down in england,

they cant even tell u the names of our clubs, no interest down theyr for scottish football

Plus the only 2 credible contenders... Sky+BT... team-up here instead of bidding against each other.

Wrestling Observer, Mother of God!

Wrestling Observer, Mother of God!

Yes, it's a newsletter about the wrestling!

I believe they got the info from the quarterly WWE conference call to shareholders though.

• 1 month later...

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/live-tv-arrangements-for-201415/

Sky Sports and BT Sport will continue to showcase the very best of SPFL League action, between them screening 70 live matches this season, including at least:

- 15 Rangers games from the Scottish Championship; and

- the four Edinburgh derbies in the Scottish Championship

In addition, BBC ALBA will be screening a further 16 live matches from across the Scottish Championship, Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2.

BrtD38MCMAA12-X.jpg

I don't think BBC Alba paid very much at all for their 3? Premiership games of the last couple of years so I'm not imagining that this supplementary deal for 16 lower-league games will be worth that much - given it evidently doesn't include the Edinburgh derbies or many/any Rangers games. By the sounds if all Sky-ESPN have done is added the 4 Edinburgh derbies and 1 other match, bringing their previous total of 50+15 up to 51+19?

But certainly it's not going to be worth nothing, so it's another no-show from Armaggedon.

Interesting to see what happens regarding playoffs.

Also, do we think BBC Alba will actually show any SPFL1 / SPFL2 games in reality? Perhaps a Morton-Dunfermline game if it looks like settling the title?

So despite cries of "the only show in town" from certain quarters, the Championship only gains the Edinburgh derbies on (proper) TV, with no loss to the Premiership quota.

I don't think BBC Alba paid very much at all for their 3? Premiership games of the last couple of years so I'm not imagining that this supplementary deal for 16 lower-league games will be worth that much - given it evidently doesn't include the Edinburgh derbies or many/any Rangers games. By the sounds if all Sky-ESPN have done is added the 4 Edinburgh derbies and 1 other match, bringing their previous total of 50+15 up to 51+19?

But certainly it's not going to be worth nothing, so it's another no-show from Armaggedon.

Interesting to see what happens regarding playoffs.

Also, do we think BBC Alba will actually show any SPFL1 / SPFL2 games in reality? Perhaps a Morton-Dunfermline game if it looks like settling the title?

If their going to show any is vs Morton will be in their, but 16 games is quite a lot and I can't really see enough championship games to fill it either. Presuming no rangers games and no Edinburgh derbys is their many games worth broadcasting, Edinburgh sides vs Falkirk? I can't see the quota being used up tbh, they're isn't any real derbies in the lower leagues that neutrals would take any interest in.

Archived