If you're playing someone at pool, especially a complete stranger, DO NOT fanny about talking to your mates when the other person is waiting on you taking your shot. And if you are a mere spectator, move if asked, it's a bit tricky to take a shot with your cue at a near-vertical angle.

The concept of a round seems to be lost with a lot of younger people, particularly my mates. Out of about a dozen of them, I reckon there are 2 of them who'll actually return the favour if you've bought them a pint for convenience reasons.

If the staff are cunty its probably because they're sober and they've been dealing with arseholes for most of the night. They've heard your witticisms 20 or more times already. They've got their eye on a table in the corner where its about to kick off and you're being a twat.

I'm mainly on about simple manners when a pubs not busy, the amount of staff who don't say thanks is quite high.

meaning other passengers have to wait in a massive queue at the station as the conductor couldn't get round to them in time.

Could always buy a ticket before boarding the train. Like you are supposed to.

High time penalty fares were enforced over here; might keep fares down in the long run.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Also, posting a photo of your casual pint on Facebook, Twitter (or even worse, Instagram) is quite easily the worst thing you can ever do. The only way that this is ever excusable is if it's your first ever, or a very special occasion.

If it is a big round then add 'and one for yerself' for the barman.

I find this mental behaviour. They're pouring pints which is a ridiculously simple task. It's what they're being paid for.

Depends on the round and the company. If it's '6 pints of whatever' then aye. If it's, "2 JD and diet coke with ice and 3 JD with normal coke without ice and a white wine spritzer; 2 pints of Peroni and one with lime. No wait. Make that 3 Peroni and 2 with a lime top" then the guy deserves a shout. Think not?

Auld arseholes that ask for a "hauf n a hauf", pick one or the other ya auld p***k.

f**k off. A half of beer and a wee dram is one of the best drink combos known to man.

Edited to add: If liking this puts me in the 'Auld arsehole' category then I am happy to live with it ;)

Edited by The_Kincardine

Depends on the round and the company. If it's '6 pints of whatever' then aye. If it's, "2 JD and diet coke with ice and 3 JD with normal coke without ice and a white wine spritzer; 2 pints of Peroni and one with lime. No wait. Make that 3 Peroni and 2 with a lime top" then the guy deserves a shout. Think not?

I'm with Fudge on this, i don't see why you should buy them a pint for doing their job, regardless of the size of round.

I don't give the checkout girl a mars bar when i'm doing my big shop.

One thing that kind of pisses me off a bit (and this just might be my problem ) but it's these supercilious pub-cat locals who fuckin' live in the boozer, are on almost brotherly terms with the barman ("ma' usual, Bobby") and treat the young Polish barmaid like some sort of chattel.

c***s.

I find this mental behaviour. They're pouring pints which is a ridiculously simple task. It's what they're being paid for.

I agree, usually used by folk that want to get served before everyone else next time they're up at the bar instead of waiting in the queue like a normal person.

Yeah, always one dickhead.

Pint? Pint? Pint? Pint? Pint? Double vodka and coke?

Don't drink beer? Ah ok.

Walk away thinking gimp.

How dare these people order something other than a pint when you are buying a round! I personally don't have a problem with getting someone the drink they want, as long as it's reasonable (i.e., not the most expensive thing around, save that for your own round).

Also, posting a photo of your casual pint on Facebook, Twitter (or even worse, Instagram) is quite easily the worst thing you can ever do. The only way that this is ever excusable is if it's your first ever, or a very special occasion.

You can always scroll past it. I couldn't care less if someone shares a photo of their pint.

I'll normally get involved in rounds but if I'm skint or not staying for more than a couple of pints then I just get my own.

Edited by yoda

nexus, on 26 May 2014 - 21:36, said:

Guys that go for a pish and don't wash they're hands. It's fucking minging and it only takes seconds aswell

Personally, I just try not to pish on my fingers...

(on a serious note though, you're right, it's definitely manky, but it's astounding how many people just don't do it)

Used to run a pub in the city centre a few years ago, so there were various things that used to get on my tits,

Don't complain that a pint in your local is 20p cheaper, don't look at every tap and then ask for something that is clearly not sold in the pub, people who just expect you to hand over every pound coin you have just to play the puggy, large groups of people who buy individually and not in rounds, whoever is holding the pool table you play to their rules, people who would put money in the juke box just before closing and then ask for a refund, it's a pub not bring your own bottle, but the worst for me was people who would start shit when you caught them taking drugs.

Cannot believe that folk put photies of their pints on t'internet.

Are you all fuckin' mad ?

8)

It's quite bad, up there with Nandos and gym selfies.