My wee sister genuinely thought that Pinterest (as in the social media site thingy) was actually pint-rest, and proceeded to take really arty photos of drinks resting in strange places before uploading them to the site.

To be fair, that was better than most of the other shite on there.

I agree, usually used by folk that want to get served before everyone else next time they're up at the bar instead of waiting in the queue like a normal person.

How dare these people order something other than a pint when you are buying a round! I personally don't have a problem with getting someone the drink they want, as long as it's reasonable (i.e., not the most expensive thing around, save that for your own round).

You can always scroll past it. I couldn't care less if someone shares a photo of their pint.

I'll normally get involved in rounds but if I'm skint or not staying for more than a couple of pints then I just get my own.

It's just selfish IMO.

They would order the steak or lobster in a restaurant to be the centre of attention when everyone else is just trying to fit in.

I might've liked steak and a better drink too but we are in a group so just adjust a wee bit.

Depends on the round and the company. If it's '6 pints of whatever' then aye. If it's, "2 JD and diet coke with ice and 3 JD with normal coke without ice and a white wine spritzer; 2 pints of Peroni and one with lime. No wait. Make that 3 Peroni and 2 with a lime top" then the guy deserves a shout. Think not?

Tipping 3 pound plus for a couple of minutes of their time when it's what they're paid to do? Absolutely no chance.

c***s who wander up to the bar and get served first even though you have been waiting longer.

c***s who ask how much everything costs.

c***s who ask if they sell X, Y and Z.

c***s who hang about the pool tables even though they're not playing.

Tipping 3 pound plus for a couple of minutes of their time when it's what they're paid to do? Absolutely no chance.

You would tip a waiter for asking you what you want to eat, and him/her spending 2 minutes bringing it to you though?

eta im assuming you don't tip taxi drivers either?

Edited by Romeo

I find this mental behaviour. They're pouring pints which is a ridiculously simple task. It's what they're being paid for.

I generally don't tip anywhere.

Fudge revealed:

do you not tip waiters when your out having a meal?

Not usually. I worked in a call centre and obviously wouldn't /couldn't get tips for sorting out complicated problems so I feel annoyed I'm expected to tip for very simple jobs such as pouring a pint or bringing out plates.

I do tip the girl who cuts my hair because although I don't get anything remotely fancy done, she does a better job than anyone else.

Edited by Fudge

I hate folk who put music on a jukebox during the football. That and people shouting out answers/cheering when they get an answer right during pub quizzes.

Tipping is getting difficult even in restaurants in these days where cards are used for everything. I was out a few days ago, paid with my card and I had 30p in my pocket. Decided leaving the 30p would be more offensive than not leaving any tip.

I've only ever tipped in bars around Christmas.

I always give waiters a tip, 'keep your fingers out of my fucking soup'

I worked in a kitchen for one of my very first jobs and I can guarantee you that people like fudge get more than fingers in their soup.

Not usually. I worked in a call centre and obviously wouldn't /couldn't get tips for sorting out complicated problems so I feel annoyed I'm expected to tip for very simple jobs such as pouring a pint or bringing out plates.

I do tip the girl who cuts my hair because although I don't get anything remotely fancy done, she does a better job than anyone else.

Sitting on your arse, answering a phone........how ever did you manage such a task?

But that's her job?

I'm with Fudge on this. The only reason we tip in this country is because of American movies.

And in America, waiting staff get absolute min. wage so tipping was a way of topping up.

I worked in a kitchen for one of my very first jobs and I can guarantee you that people like fudge get more than fingers in their soup.

I worked as a KP and waiter for years and never once saw, did or heard of anyone I worked with doing anything like that. Either I've only ever worked at strange places where we wanted to keep our jobs and not risk getting caught, or these stories are urban myths.