16 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Beer tastes far better on draught than out of a bottle. Only in absolutely dire circumstances where a pub only has 1 or 2 draught choices which are bog standard shite will I take a bottle. If that happens to you a lot, try better pubs.

I'll take a pint over a bottle in pretty much every pub as well, but the idea that was being suggested that pints beat bottles for everybody is kinda strange for me.  Hard to believe, i know, but some people do prefer a bottled beer. 

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'll take a pint over a bottle in pretty much every pub as well, but the idea that was being suggested that pints beat bottles for everybody is kinda strange for me.  Hard to believe, i know, but some people do prefer a bottled beer. 

It's usually based on some shite opinion though, that whichever brand of car wash lager they are drinking is better than another.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's usually based on some shite opinion though that whichever brand of car wash lager they are drinking is better than another.

That opinion is also valid should the "car wash" lager come in a pint glass I expect?? 

Few of you seem to be struggling a wee bit too much with the fact that people like beer in bottles. 

Relax. There there. 

6 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

That opinion is also valid should the "car wash" lager come in a pint glass I expect?? 

Few of you seem to be struggling a wee bit too much with the fact that people like beer in bottles. 

Relax. There there. 

That's what I meant. In my experience bottle drinkers are usually drinking Corona because "that Carling is pish".

Some beers are more often bottled, Newcastle Brown, Whitbread in the old days. But those aren't the usual choice of those concerned.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In my experience bottle drinkers are usually drinking Corona because "that Carling is pish".

I don't ever want to be in the company of these people. 

• 1 month later...

I worked in a busy glasgow nightclub in my student days. Folk who would get served last would be those who waved money at me, clicked fingers at me, or those who just looked like rabid ****. Folk who got served first were those that tipped well the previous round. Due to being white and nerdy, I rarely got tips at the RnB section, but got plenty at the "Indie" section.

On 15/12/2018 at 09:39, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's what I meant. In my experience bottle drinkers are usually drinking Corona because "that Carling is pish".

Perhaps they are driving, or planning to operate heavy machinery shortly after. 

• 3 months later...

Not so much etiquette rather c***s In Pubs

Pub last night to watch the Man Utd v Man City game

Next to me was a Celtic fan I half know from the bar and as the game went on comments were passed on the game, fouls, chances etc.

Someone new I didn't know arrived, but he knew Celtic fan one, and was of the same persuasion as  five minutes of glasses being raised and Hail Caesar stuff ensued. Then City scored and it kicked off.

Celtic fan one (CF1) cheered, and Celtic fan two (CF2) scowled, would appear he was a Man Utd fan as well as a Celtic fan. And then the argument started.

CF2 - How can you support them?

CF1 - Why, just think City are the better team and want them to win

CF2 - They're a *** team

CF1 - Whit?

CF2 - They a total *** team, you can't support them if you a true Celtic fan

CF1 - No they're not

CF2 They are, they ****, Celtic fans should support Man Utd

This went on and on and on and degenerated until CF2 could not answer the following,

CF1 - If we were watching the Sheffield derby who should I support, are you saying every two team city has a Celtic team and a *** team?

OF fans - they a different breed.

54 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Next to me was a Celtic fan I half know from the bar and as the game went on comments were passed on the game, fouls, chances etc.

Someone new I didn't know arrived, but he knew Celtic fan one, and was of the same persuasion as  five minutes of glasses being raised and Hail Caesar stuff ensued. Then City scored and it kicked off.

Celtic fan one (CF1) cheered, and Celtic fan two (CF2) scowled, would appear he was a Man Utd fan as well as a Celtic fan. And then the argument started.

CF2 - They're a *** team

CF1 - Whit?

CF1 - No they're not

This went on and on and on and degenerated until CF2 could not answer the following,

CF1 - If we were watching the Sheffield derby who should I support, are you saying every two team city has a Celtic team and a *** team?

Maybe, to OF fans, everything on the planet is just a manichean struggle between ****ery and not-****ery. Palestinians are not-****, Israelis are ****. Beach Boys are ****, Beatles are not-****.Coke is not-***, Pepsi is ***. Yankees are ****, Red Sox are not-****.

It must make decisionmaking a lot easier and life a lot simpler when you look at things from that perspective. I'm almost tempted to try it.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

CF2 - They're a *** team

CF1 - Whit?

CF1 - No they're not

Probably never happened.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Given I've heard Rangers/Celtic fans in my work inform me that pub x is a Rangers/Celtic shop I can't say I'm in the least surprised they're claiming 1 half of every English derby for themselves.

See also Dundee Pubs.

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Maybe, to OF fans, everything on the planet is just a manichean struggle between ****ery and not-****ery. Palestinians are not-****, Israelis are ****. Beach Boys are ****, Beatles are not-****.Coke is not-***, Pepsi is ***. Yankees are ****, Red Sox are not-****.

It must make decisionmaking a lot easier and life a lot simpler when you look at things from that perspective. I'm almost tempted to try it.

Everything on the planet?  Why stop there?  There are other planets, asteroids, comets and so on to be divvied up.

What's your favourite crater on Mars and  don't get it wrong.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Everything on the planet?  Why stop there?  There are other planets, asteroids, comets and so on to be divvied up.

What's your favourite crater on Mars and  don't get it wrong.

Schiapparelli and Cassini are clearly *** craters. Tooting sounds relatively staunch. Probably a *** crater.

On 5/26/2014 at 20:33, Bully Wee Villa said:

This generally only applies to women but still... if there is a lengthy queue don't add to it by ordering a sodding cocktail that will take the bloke five minutes to make. Order something normal and piss off.

Even better - just know what you want.  Don't get the bar and go "ohhhhhhhhhhh I don't know" accompanied by a wee cute laugh.   Followed by a period of thinking about it only to order the same drink you get every single time we go out.

This applies to women with food too.