2 minutes ago, Jason King said:

OCVD Friday.

Probably missing something simple and obvious, but I cannot work out what the initials stand for in this context?

Was definitely known as Black Friday to everyone working in the pub game for the 10 or so of them that I worked!

Just now, Ross. said:

Probably missing something simple and obvious, but I cannot work out what the initials stand for in this context?

Was definitely known as Black Friday to everyone working in the pub game for the 10 or so of them that I worked!

Orifice Covering Ve... well you know the rest.

24 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
On 12/13/2018 at 11:11, TheScarf said:
Folk who drink beer from a bottle rather than have a pint of it are OFTW in general.

Exactly this. I fail to see the logic. Get a pint instead, you get much more beer/lager per pound.

As much as I like a glorious pint of T, sometimes a fancy something else. Like Peroni maybe. Or Hop House 13. I'm hardly going to go without just because the pub I happen to be in doesn't have it on tap am I? Also, I like to put a slice of lime in the neck so I look like a proper c**t :) 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Someone mentioned Archie's in Aberdeen and the queue. I've been in there loads (£2 for a pint and a smorgasbord of ales. Ya beauty.....also I live across the road) but did experience a queue a few months ago. Interesting to view from a social psychological perspective, and it was funny witnessing the absolute seethe of everyone involved. Even guys I recognised as regulars were in said queue and giving me pelters. 

The attractive lassies getting served first is amateur though.

^^ doing it wrong

1 hour ago, velo army said:

It's also infuriating as a punter. 

;) 

Peroni and Hop House lager are absolute fucking shite lagers. Even if they were any good, the half-arsed way that suppliers deliver bottles to the pub and often shite ways of storing it by the pub pretty much guarantees that the bottle of lager is going to be flat pishwater by the time it gets taken out of its wee stint in the fridge. 

Bottled lager is a mug's game.  

I always knew it as Black Friday, before the Amazon sale thing kicked off in the UK anyway. My mate who lives in Aberdeen calls it Mad Friday, and he also seems to think it only happens in Aberdeen, and not every town/city in the country...

54 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Right enough - it's not like the taste matters! 

Beer tastes far better on draught than out of a bottle. Only in absolutely dire circumstances where a pub only has 1 or 2 draught choices which are bog standard shite will I take a bottle. If that happens to you a lot, try better pubs.

I'll have a bottle, or sometimes even a can, if it's of something I really like that isn't on draught.

But I am mainly a pints person. Can't get how you could go on a night out only drinking vodka or another spirit. You'd be at the bar all the time.

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Mad Friday - Frantic Friday - Black Eye Friday?

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

Black Friday or Fighting Friday are both acceptable.  

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's definitely Black Friday.

What about the totally over hyped last day at work over run by the once a year mob all dressed up in their 'crazy' christmas jumpers Friday..... ? 

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

Peroni and Hop House lager are absolute fucking shite lagers.

I like them. I'm sure you have things you like too. I don't care what they are. 

People who don't know how to put money in a pool table are infuriating. Get coin, put in slot, push, wait till all balls are out, release. Work in a pub and every other shift there's at least 1 fud who releases it too early meaning a ball or 2 get stuck. They come up and complain it's broken, naw, you're just a fucking idiot. 

In school kids should be taught how to buy rounds and how to work pool tables, if they can't do it then just kill them

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

One Can Van Damme Friday

From another forum, seems we're on the same page.

"It’s not just that, the twats can’t just go to the bar and place an order like normal folks - eg: three pints of lager, a Guinness* and an IPA, two white wines, three reds and a vodka and orange please.

Its the way they place the order  one drink at a time, and then there is a shouted conversation across the pub as they don’t have Tracy’s prefered choice of vodka, and what would she like instead - what they got, - list of brands shouted out, - what’s xxxxx like? - don’t know! - can I have a Gin instead! - what you want, they got Gordon’s, Saphire, Tanquery...- I don’t know, what’s good?  Then Sharon decides a gin sounds like a better idea than the red wine she wanted ( and has already been poured)  but she wants fever tree tonic not Schweppes, ......"

:lol: