Me: "Pint of...and whatever she's having"
Go and sit down.
Her: "What kind of gin have you got...do you do cocktails...have you got Fever Tree Tonic...can you still serve coffee...what's that the woman over there is drinking...is it strong...have you got no Brockmans...Bombay Sapphire and slimline Fever Tree then...in a big glass...lots of ice."
Me: "Same again please"
Her: "I don't really like it here, he was quite cheeky."

Have you been out with my wife?

Pub last night watching the football, two guys come in, instantly marked out as arseholes as when they reach the bar one is wearing a 'funny Christmas jumper' and asks the girl behind the bar 'a voddie and coke and do you do Corona ?'

Do these 50 something Cockwombles think that Corona is some exotic beer that isn't actually just watery pish available in every supermarket and pub in the country.

When the drinks are delivered and they are asked is that all his reply to the barmaid is ' eh no, there are two others but they seem to have disappeared can you wait a few minutes....'

No she can't wait as I'm now ready for my next pint and there are others in the bar to serve and she isn't your personal bar staff.

And of course when the other two members of the Tellytubbies arrived they wanted exactly the same drink they had in the last bar, and the one before and the one before that

LEARN YOUR FUCKING ROUND

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

See when folk who work in bars say they'l serve an attractive lassie first: are they genuinely expecting sex from said lassie(s) simply because they served them before someone else?

Yes.  I certainly was.

As a former barman let me tell ye that serving the attractive lassie first is a mug's game. If yer wanting to fire in you need to have as much chat with her as possible so serve her at the appropriate time, in the order they arrive at the bar, but make an effort to let her know you've clocked her and you'll be serving her in a minute. Bit of a generalisation but lassies generally prefer a spirit/mixer over a pint so you can ask them a bit more about their drink while pouring a pint: "Dae ye want ice with it?" "Ye want Gordons or ye want tae try this fancy Faroese gin instead?" etc.  Apologise that it's busy but keep them focused on yersel' to see if there's any interest. Then ye can fire in.

Fucking amateurs. Serving lassie's first. They know whit yer up tae.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:
12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Me: "Pint of...and whatever she's having"
Go and sit down.
Her: "What kind of gin have you got...do you do cocktails...have you got Fever Tree Tonic...can you still serve coffee...what's that the woman over there is drinking...is it strong...have you got no Brockmans...Bombay Sapphire and slimline Fever Tree then...in a big glass...lots of ice."
Me: "Same again please"
Her: "I don't really like it here, he was quite cheeky."

Have you been out with my wife?

We all have.  There's a rota.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

See when folk who work in bars say they'l serve an attractive lassie first: are they genuinely expecting sex from said lassie(s) simply because they served them before someone else?

By whatever deity giving them superior genes, it's a birthright that they should get superior treatment.  Kind of like how royalty get to look down everybody and get showered with money simply because of the family they were born into.  

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

'funny Christmas jumper'

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

'a voddie and coke and do you do Corona ?'

Him and his crowd all OFTW :o 

Corona is the absolute arsehole of beers. "Oh oh look at me with a lime in the bottle neck, I'm dead exotic me". 

Pish! 

14 hours ago, ah-dee said:
14 hours ago, Romeo said:
Anyone else go out with their Mrs/Mr/significant other and instead of knowing what they want to drink they have to peruse a fucking menu for 20 mins?

Mrs Romeo is famous for this. Then she'll order a ridiculous cocktail which means I have to wait 10 minutes for my pint.

mrs ah is worse. spends ages with the menu then orders a g&t. what she always drinks

Wait, wait...Pubs have menus?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Folk who drink beer from a bottle rather than have a pint of it are OFTW in general.

I once saw someone in Forres (Mosset) order a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale and proceed to drink it from the bottle.

Might have been Jimmy Savile or Gary Glitter tbf

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes.  I certainly was.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yes.  I certainly was.

^^ doing it right

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As a former barman let me tell ye that serving the attractive lassie first is a mug's game. If yer wanting to fire in you need to have as much chat with her as possible so serve her at the appropriate time, in the order they arrive at the bar, but make an effort to let her know you've clocked her and you'll be serving her in a minute. Bit of a generalisation but lassies generally prefer a spirit/mixer over a pint so you can ask them a bit more about their drink while pouring a pint: "Dae ye want ice with it?" "Ye want Gordons or ye want tae try this fancy Faroese gin instead?" etc.  Apologise that it's busy but keep them focused on yersel' to see if there's any interest. Then ye can fire in.

Fucking amateurs. Serving lassie's first. They know whit yer up tae.

^^ doing it wrong

15 hours ago, ah-dee said:

without reading through the entire thread im sure all the usual things have been mentioned but a huge one for me is barmaids boyfriends shouldn't be allowed in if they are jealous arseholes. nothing worse than getting served and her lad is sat growling away.

Does WeeperDee's gf work in your local?

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Folk who drink beer from a bottle rather than have a pint of it are OFTW in general.

I generally agree with you but I know a few folk that will switch to bottles if on a big day/night out.......the reduced volume seems to work for them in terms of becoming less drunk that those that stay on the pints.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

Does WeeperDee's gf work in your local?

I generally agree with you but I know a few folk that will switch to bottles if on a big day/night out.......the reduced volume seems to work for them in terms of becoming less drunk that those that stay on the pints.

So you mean that if you drink a lower quantity of beer, you'll become less drunk?