To be fair, taxi drivers are the biggest cuntholes on the planet.  They're also fat, smell of BO, sleazy and all look like potential Ted Bundys.

My mate is a taxi driver and he isnt fa.... well okay he doesn't smell of...Okay maybe a bit of BO, and he is sleazy. 

Dear god your right. 

Edited by mizfit

My mate is a taxi driver and he isnt fa.... well okay he doesn't smell of...Okay maybe a bit of BO, and he is sleazy. 

Dear god your right. 

Remove all VW Beetles, ski masks and metal bars from his possession immediately.

To be fair, taxi drivers are the biggest cuntholes on the planet. They're also fat, smell of BO, sleazy and all look like potential Ted Bundys.

You could start a whole new thread on the cuntiness of taxi drivers. Your assertion of their status on the planet is wholly accurate!

I've found a weird thing happening quite a bit recently where I am provided my drink before it is through the till, so they bring the drink to me at the bar, bugger off to the till (ignoring the note I have got out and trying to hand to them)then come back and ask for money, back to the till and back again with change.

What's that all about (and no I've not been waving the note about)

The only time I'd do that is if I'm not entirely sure of the price and need to make sure it's not more than the amount they've got in their hand. I've also had people getting arsey and asking for a receipt when I've taken the cash without stating the price, so might have something to do with either of those.

I've found a weird thing happening quite a bit recently where I am provided my drink before it is through the till, so they bring the drink to me at the bar, bugger off to the till (ignoring the note I have got out and trying to hand to them)then come back and ask for money, back to the till and back again with change.

What's that all about (and no I've not been waving the note about)

Idiots who have to check the price of everything instead of knowing their job. It's a relatively new thing, and it coincided I think with the introduction of computerised tills. Like with google people have lost the idea of just remembering things so rely on machines full time. I'm not talking about fancy drinks but anyone behind the bar should know how much a pint of Tennents and a vodka and coke should be. 

Computerised tills are certainly dumbing down the newer bartenders. The state some of them get into when trying to add the cost of a few drinks or work out change 'manually' is quite frightening.

100x this. A lot of my guys really struggle to remember any more than three drinks without tapping it into the till first, makes me irate and they just roll their eyes. It's your job, sakes.

100x this. A lot of my guys really struggle to remember any more than three drinks without tapping it into the till first, makes me irate and they just roll their eyes. It's your job, sakes.

I remember that all too well. In the time it takes them to do that, I'd usually started 3 orders at once. :lol:

• 2 years later...

Well folks it's that time of year again.  Thought I'd resurrect this thread with what I've just posted in PTTGOTN - 

Was out for a few hours on Saturday night, was about 7 so the pub I was in wasn't too busy so only one barmaid was serving, the others were moseying about serving meals etc.  There was a group of 5 lads in and they all walked up to the bar just as I went to get me and my mate a pint.

All 5 of the virgins ordered and paid for their single Vodka and Red Bull separately.  I did joke and say to shout over to me next time they're going to the bar so I can nip over and get served first.  Fucking goons.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Well folks it's that time of year again.  Thought I'd resurrect this thread with what I've just posted in PTTGOTN - 

Was out for a few hours on Saturday night, was about 7 so the pub I was in wasn't too busy so only one barmaid was serving, the others were moseying about serving meals etc.  There was a group of 5 lads in and they all walked up to the bar just as I went to get me and my mate a pint.

All 5 of the virgins ordered and paid for their single Vodka and Red Bull separately.  I did joke and say to shout over to me next time they're going to the bar so I can nip over and get served first.  Fucking goons.

I'm fucking seething after reading that. What kind of person thinks this is acceptable behaviour? 

19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm fucking seething after reading that. What kind of person thinks this is acceptable behaviour? 

It's an age thing. The amount of wee boys who come in to a bar and order every... single... drink... separately. Get rounds or a kitty and make my life and your own a lot easier.

As TheScarf has already pointed out, they're usually on the "voddy [sic] Red Bull, mate".

Edit: I'll be working in a bar over the Christmas period. Regrets? No, it'll be a good laugh heh.png

Edited by yoda

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

It's an age thing. The amount of wee boys who come in to a bar and order every... single... drink... separately. Get rounds or a kitty and make my life and your own a lot easier.

As TheScarf has already pointed out, they're usually on the "voddy [sic] Red Bull, mate".

Edit: I'll be working in a bar over the Christmas period. Regrets? No, it'll be a good laugh heh.png

If the first words out of your mouth arent "Im not you mate" then you're part of the problem

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Wetherspoon's have that exact app. Order beer get it brought to your table.

Used it at the airport a few times.

I only use the app if im myself and the pub is busy.

It's cuntish behaviour otherwise.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I only use the app if im myself and the pub is busy.

It's cuntish behaviour otherwise.

If you're in yourself and have, say, a bag and a coat, the app gets you served without leaving the table. Even if there's a few of you, you can anticipate when the next round is due and order it to arrive timeously. Wetherspoon's want you to use it, so why not?

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Millenials have killed the round.

As a millennial myself these people are just c***s - rounds all the way. I was in Manchester and one of the guys got handed £20 from the kitty and the bill was £21.10 is it not good form to take the lose change from your own pocket rather than shout for the guy with the kitty to come over

People who, when there is a singer/guitarist on wander up and demand the microphone so they can drunkenly murder some song by Robbie Williams or Coldplay or some fucking shite like that and then get all offended, aggressive even when they are told firmly NO.

Having done acoustic pub sets for just a few quid from time to time this is highly annoying, ignorant and obnoxious, the whole pub doesn't want to hear me strum the chords to 'Angels' while you screech down the microphone your horrific version of it cos your bird pure loves that song so she does.