The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Ok your staying up well done but don't come on as if it's some out of this world achievement given Largs are a decent sized junior club. If it was another club in a similar position you would of been saying the same thing and don't try pretend otherwise.

A good few of your own fans had you down.

On the top end of the table all but certain Pollok title now, we are a point behind ton but with two games in hand will be looking to push ahead of them again. Cumbernauld now out of top three contention.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who was at the vics v lok game today care to share their thoughts on the two penalties?

Vic's pen was never a penalty. McLaren made a great tackle and took the ball cleanly. Pollok pen can't say, It was a foul but from where I was couldn't say if it was in box. The one not give for Pollok was a pen. Taz about to pull trigger and gets foot kicked away. Worst performance by a Ref I have seen in a very long time.

Mon the Lok now

Did I say it was a great achievement nope I said you all had us down and we've turned it around so we will cu all next season

I'd class it as a great achievement in context. I'll admit I had us down eight games ago, I'm sure if your honest with yourself you did to. To think a win next week will most likely mean that the final league table will have us closer to going up than going down shows how mad this league really is.

Anyway well done to the players and management for saving us from the quagmire of the district leagues. Onwards and upwards

Anyone who was at the vics v lok game today care to share their thoughts on the two penalties?

will have them up shortly, McLaren made a great tackle and on the lok penalty the vics defender bowled him over with his hip.

will have them up shortly, McLaren made a great tackle and on the lok penalty the vics defender bowled him over with his hip.

I was surprised at the award of the vics penalty. The referee never sent him off or booked him either which was odd.

Didn't see the lok pen due to being behind the opposite goal.

I'll predict three unexpected home wins. Largs to hit a blip, Irvine Vics to pick up a much needed win and Maybole to nullify Shettleston.

This from the man at the top of the prediction league!

Three away wins today, and well done to Largs for completing the miracle escape. Greenock are also now officially safe.

Neilston are not quite down, but it looks bad for them and Irvine Vics now as I expect Yoker to stay up.

Pollok need one more win to be champions, but Maybole won't be pushovers at Newlandsfield next Saturday. Rob Roy need to keep winning though.

Well done to Shettleston for securing a top three finish in their first season back in the Super Leagues, Cumbernauld seemed to just run out of legs in their last few games.

Was down at Ladywell today. Shettleston are a really good side and deserved winners in the end up. The Shettleston No9 gave the left back are torrid time all game long until he went off really good player. Maybole centre halfs were really poor at the back and gave away two cheap goals which looked bizarre. Not a great performance from Maybole but their No2 and No12 were by far there best players today who were a real threat down the right side at times.

Cumbernaulds failure to score goals in their last 2 games put paid to their play off hopes, still they've had a good season with one cup won and still in two others.

Congratulation to Shettleston, great performance from them to come into the league this season and make the play off spot

Agree Cumbernauld have had a good season.

Noticed Chris Zok was back yesterday, must of been his first game in months?

Wednesday's fixtures :-

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (3rd) v Greenock Juniors (9th)

Yoker Athletic (11th) v Thorniewood United (14th)

A draw in the first game would be enough to see Rob Roy back up into 2nd place with a game in hand, but they won't be wanting a draw as that would see Pollok confirmed as champions. Greenock are now safe from relegation and have nothing but pride to play for. It's an awkward trip for players from Inverclyde to get to Cumbernauld in midweek as well.

Yoker need to win this one to ease their relegation fears, any other result will leave them very nervous as they have still to play Neilston (fellow relegation battlers) at home, and away to promotion-chasing Rob Roy and Shettleston. A win for Yoker would mean Neilston would officially be relegated and would leave Irvine Vics on the edge of the precipice. Thorniewood, like Greenock, have no motivation other than pride in their performance.

Your thoughts ?

Archived