The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Just watched the highlights, hard to tell if Shettleston's second goal is onside as the lad who scored it is out of the picture as the ball is played through, nice finish anyway.

I've watched most of the Glencairn highlights this season, been inpressed with Ross McNeill and Denis McLaughlin.(why hasn't he played last 2?) Also Kilmartin has done well when he has played, although my opinion is only based on 10-15 minute clips so I could be way off.

What are the scoring stats for those three this season?

McNeil 15 (1 penalty) 16 starts, 5 sub)

Kilmartin 10 (19 starts, 11 sub)

McLaughlin 8 (2 penalties) (11 starts, 8 sub)

McLaughlin has been away for the past two games, holiday weekend and was visiting family and friends in Ireland.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McNeil 15 (1 penalty) 16 starts, 5 sub)

Kilmartin 10 (19 starts, 11 sub)

McLaughlin 8 (2 penalties) (11 starts, 8 sub)

McLaughlin has been away for the past two games, holiday weekend and was visiting family and friends in Ireland.

Your lucky to have guys that give returns like that. Seen Glencairn twice recently and McNeil has been a standout. Against Kirkie McLaughlin was excellent but Kilmartin has been good when he played in these games. What happened the other striker who was with Shettleston last year?

Your lucky to have guys that give returns like that. Seen Glencairn twice recently and McNeil has been a standout. Against Kirkie McLaughlin was excellent but Kilmartin has been good when he played in these games. What happened the other striker who was with Shettleston last year?

McClung went out on loan to East Kilbride Thistle, came back for a month and then asked to be released.

Tonight's results very much look like Irvine Vics and Neilston will be joining Ardeer and Thorniewood as being relegated.

What a great result for Largs though. Great turnaround from them. Slavin must be doing wonders up there.

Pollok v Largs - This will tell us how far Largs have come recently. Pollok won't let up in their pursuit of the title, but Largs have momentum going and are scoring goals for the first time really all season. That's one result I'll be keen to see.

Quite far apparently.

Was a rare occasion tonight where I wasn't able to make it to the Ardeer game, given the stalemate I probably picked a good one to miss. Heard we were improved from recent games and created the most chances though.

Some result 4 largs 2nite

My old pal Slavers has definitely turned things on their head down there. I feared for him when he first took over as results just weren't going his way but I said on here previously I thought he'd be a superb manager and hope now they can finish the job and stay up. That will give him a decent platform to challenge at the top end of the table next season.

Squeaky bottoms at the top

and squeaky bottoms at the

(Bottom) na, the foot of the

Super 1st. Didnae think it

would go right to the end for

the bulk of the decisions to

be made. Early notions made

and publicised are way off the

wall. Roll on 15/16?

tbh he wasn't as good as the 3 we have just now up front

whatever happened to the other boy gilmartin ?

Jamie Gilmartin is still a registered Glencairn player, but he is not part of the current squad.

Thank you to the Rob Roy officials and the Cumbernauld United chairman who did their best to get the game on tonight. Both sets of players wanted the game to go ahead, both were there and ready to get stripped, but the referee said no because of an area about 10m x 10m just over the halfway line which was soft and muddy. The rest of the pitch was fine.

So our season goes on for a while longer, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get the match rescheduled.

It looks like Largs are going to complete The Great Escape, and the victims could be Irvine Vics who had previously looked like surviving. Neilston look like they will go down as well now, meaning 3 of the 4 teams promoted last season look like going straight back down. It really is a tough league to get established in. Credit to Shettleston for doing so well, and they look like getting at least 3rd now, it's certainly in their own hands anyway.

Big result for Yoker last night, which leaves Greenock sweating a bit on the Irvine Vics v Pollok result.

As for the rearranged Rob Roy v Glencairn match, I see that Rob Roy now have only one confirmed date so far for their remaining fixtures, and no game this coming Saturday or Monday as Cumbernauld are at home. We're also free to play the game whenever it is scheduled, as this is our last game. Hopefully we won't have to wait till June to play it, having just had to play 8 games in 24 days.

What did you think of the ref's decision to call it off last night, Glensmad? A lot of your guys were saying the pitch was in better condition than it was last week when you played Cumbernauld.

What did you think of the ref's decision to call it off last night, Glensmad? A lot of your guys were saying the pitch was in better condition than it was last week when you played Cumbernauld.

Both teams were disappointed that the game was called off, both teams seemed to want to play the game and I've seen games played on a lot worse (i.e. at the same venue last week).

But I can also understand why the referee called it off, I saw the area in concern up close and it wasn't in good condition. A player could have been injured by falling awkwardly in that part.

So on reflection it was probably the correct decision by the referee, disappointing as it was.

If Largs stay up, and i think they will, they will be a force in this league next year. Still alot to be played for but given the teams coming down, and up from the ayrshire and central leagues, league should be very competitive again next year.

Hope Greenock have done enough to stay up. Largs result last night probably means Pollok will have to win their remaining games, which should see Greenock safe. Given the rumoured budget to survive in this league for 2 years would be a great achievement.

Archived