The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Referee was very fussy and a bit card happy but I thought he got the big calls right. We definitely deserved our three red cards.

Our discipline and defending has been horrendous this season. Not going to publicly blame anyone but referees wouldn't be on my list.

I agree the three red cards were 100% correct. The third goal for Neilston was not even close to being on side but that said Neilston deserved there win. I have said before the glens have a squad that is capable of challenging. We continually under achieve and the frailties are there for all to see.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referee was very fussy and a bit card happy but I thought he got the big calls right. We definitely deserved our three red cards.

Our discipline and defending has been horrendous this season. Not going to publicly blame anyone but referees wouldn't be on my list.

Please don't misunderstand me. I was not blaming the officials for our defeat yesterday, and that's why my first statement was that we contributed to our own downfall. We have been defensively fragile since we lost Marc Russell to injury and also we were doing well at the back when Jordan Dalzell was at right back. But circumstances have dictated these changes, I perhaps am fortunate in that I know the reasons for many of our team selections and the dictating circumstances.

Having said that, there are only four teams in the league who have conceded fewer goals than us, so it's not as if our defence is particularly bad compared to the other teams.

Also, I don't think there's any way you can say that the officials got all the big calls correct yesterday. Neilston's third goal was so far offside it was ridiculous, and the video proves that. I'm not convinced Ross NcNeil was inside the penalty area for our penalty, and the referee ignored his assistant's assertion that the foul for Neilston's second penalty was outside the box, which it absolutely was.

But we move on to Largs next week, and nobody will be listening to RRG's nonsense, it will be a tough match against a wounded side desperate for points.

Please don't misunderstand me. I was not blaming the officials for our defeat yesterday, and that's why my first statement was that we contributed to our own downfall. We have been defensively fragile since we lost Marc Russell to injury and also we were doing well at the back when Jordan Dalzell was at right back. But circumstances have dictated these changes, I perhaps am fortunate in that I know the reasons for many of our team selections and the dictating circumstances.

Having said that, there are only four teams in the league who have conceded fewer goals than us, so it's not as if our defence is particularly bad compared to the other teams.

Also, I don't think there's any way you can say that the officials got all the big calls correct yesterday. Neilston's third goal was so far offside it was ridiculous, and the video proves that. I'm not convinced Ross NcNeil was inside the penalty area for our penalty, and the referee ignored his assistant's assertion that the foul for Neilston's second penalty was outside the box, which it absolutely was.

But we move on to Largs next week, and nobody will be listening to RRG's nonsense, it will be a tough match against a wounded side desperate for points.

Do you know how many red cards (including the management team) we've had this season?

Do you know how many red cards (including the management team) we've had this season?

No, I haven't counted. But what I do know is that we did not have any players suspended in the whole of last season, and also no suspensions so far this season either.

Ask him to count how many actual red cards.

As for Largs being desperate for points that's every team in this league but the facts are they are playing poorly and it's a good time to play them just as it will be when we play them in three weeks time. If my team don't go out attack them and take the three points i will be bitterly disappointed.

Ha good one!

Well, except for the Shotts bit of course.

What I'm saying is that, with half of the season still to go, nobody knows what's going to happen yet and who's going to hit form. For example, Kilsyth looked relegation certainties at the start of the season, now look at them up in 6th place and challenging for promotion.

This league is to tight that a run of 3 or 4 games of wins or defeats can take them from one end to the other.

Well, except for the Shotts bit of course.

What I'm saying is that, with half of the season still to go, nobody knows what's going to happen yet and who's going to hit form. For example, Kilsyth looked relegation certainties at the start of the season, now look at them up in 6th place and challenging for promotion.

This league is to tight that a run of 3 or 4 games of wins or defeats can take them from one end to the other.

Barrfields predicted Largs to finish 2nd. Currently they are 15 pts behind second place shettleston. Not only would largs need to win 5,6,7 or more games in a row they also have 10 teams in between them and shettleston. It's simply not going to happen.

Largs can't and wont even go out and spend a wade of cash to improve their chances.

I am not saying they are certainties to go down but top 2 even 3 place is realistically never going to happen.

Now the Pollok manager is at it saying now his team are on 32 points the only thing his team are safe from is relegation. Who is he kidding Pollok would never be in any danger of relegation from this league with that squad , odds on top two.

This league is unpredictable but some folk take it to far Largs could finish second, pollok mentioning they are now safe from relegation, I mean come on!

Don't think largs will finish in the top 6, They seem to be on a downward spiral. I watched them v Auchenleck when they were in the premier last season and thought they had some decent players, Maybe a change on the coaching side of things is needed? I think pollok will finish 1st and maybole/shettleson/kilsyth/Rob roy all battling for 2nd.

Ardeer, Irvine vics, largs, neilston. thorniewood battling relegation. With the others about mid table

glad to see one of the assorted diddies did the double over his team on Saturday past,your team were dreadful on Saturday and when u make these daft statements people have long memories lol.

The fact you're nearly weeping with joy only goes to further cement your "assorted diddy" status. Congrats

Archived