The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

You enjoyed one of our sausage rolls!?... Were you at the right ground? Haha

Nobody said both teams didn't battle hard, as I felt we did too! The standard of football on show was limited due to the terrible condition of the park!

'may have been talking shite to a Roy fan in the wee enclosure'.... You said it....you're making it too easy for the likes of Glensmad!

The tackle was made by your cm who came on late on and slid in about 10 minutes late, maybe trying to beat me to your sausage roll!!!

I don't take this place to serious you know ha!

And I hadn't had anything to eat since Friday teatime, , a kangaroos testicle would of tasted nice by the time Saturday afternoon came!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilsyth 3 Cumbernauld 3,

3 nil up cruising,2 men off and the most inept refereeing performance in the 2nd half off a game av ever seen and we end up clinging on for a point,great fiver if u were a neutral mind lol.

A mirror image of wishy v voc, worth every penny!

Kilsyth 3 Cumbernauld 3,

3 nil up cruising,2 men off and the most inept refereeing performance in the 2nd half off a game av ever seen and we end up clinging on for a point,great fiver if u were a neutral mind lol.

Kilsyth were by some distance the better side in the 1st half and fully deserving of their lead. They hit the bar twice in this period.

Sending off was harsh although technically correct, denying a goal scoring opportunity.

I fully expected Cumbernauld to come roaring out the traps second half after a ht rollicking. However Kilsyth scored right away.

Cumbernauld finally got going after an hour and got one back, pressed for a second and inexplicably the Kilsyth centre back handled when trying to cut out a through ball. Again harsh but had to go by letter of the law

It was then relentless pressure and 2 more goals soon followed.

The Kilsyth goalkeeper wasted far too much time with his antics and I believe the ref took full notice of this at the end and added on 5 mins

It was a hectic last 10 mins but far too often Cumbernauld picked the wrong option in the final third

Cumbernauld will need to sort out their away form if they are to climb the league

Fair play to Kilsyth who looked a different outfit to the team that Cumbernauld took apart with ease earlier in the season in the cup

Referee? I think was one of the poorest I have seen in a while. Wee blond guy who is quiet as a mouse, and doesn't endear himself to both sets of fans with his manner. Yes technically he went by the letter of the law and got the 2 sendings off correct. However Kilsyth might argue that Cumbernauld should have been down to 10 near the end but I don't think it was a goal scoring opportunity as the ball had gone back to the keeper when the tackle was made, so again IMO technically correct

However he got too many of the basic decisions wrong. And didn't allow the game to flow

Your right a great fivers worth though

I was delighted with some of our play today, particularly in the first half hour when we were creating all sorts of chances and Ross McNeil was on fire. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot again in the 10 minutes before half time, although to be fair to Ardeer they never gave up and earned their two goals by pressing us into errors. Half time came at a good time for us and allowed us to settle and re-group, and we had a good control of the match in the second half, with the result never in doubt after McNeil got his 4th goal.

The results went well for us today, with Maybole and Shettleston drawing, and Yoker and Rob Roy losing, allowing us to close in a little with our win. We have another chance to do that again next week as three of the four teams above us are on cup duty, while we have a home league match with Cumbernauld. That won't be an easy tie, but it's an opportunity for us to move up the table again nonetheless.

It was interesting to see three of the bottom four teams winning today, and the daylight of four points that had emerged between 10th place and the bottom four has suddenly closed again to one.

I was delighted with some of our play today, particularly in the first half hour when we were creating all sorts of chances and Ross McNeil was on fire. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot again in the 10 minutes before half time, although to be fair to Ardeer they never gave up and earned their two goals by pressing us into errors. Half time came at a good time for us and allowed us to settle and re-group, and we had a good control of the match in the second half, with the result never in doubt after McNeil got his 4th goal.

The results went well for us today, with Maybole and Shettleston drawing, and Yoker and Rob Roy losing, allowing us to close in a little with our win. We have another chance to do that again next week as three of the four teams above us are on cup duty, while we have a home league match with Cumbernauld. That won't be an easy tie, but it's an opportunity for us to move up the table again nonetheless.

It was interesting to see three of the bottom four teams winning today, and the daylight of four points that had emerged between 10th place and the bottom four has suddenly closed again to one.

I think if you provide McNeil the service he will score goals all day. The Glens still appear to have a weakness at the back and will need to address this if they have any ambitions of challenging near the top. Cumbernauld will provide more of a threat to the glens at home.

I think if you provide McNeil the service he will score goals all day. The Glens still appear to have a weakness at the back and will need to address this if they have any ambitions of challenging near the top. Cumbernauld will provide more of a threat to the glens at home.

We've struggled to cope defensively with a few key injuries.

If we can get everyone fit then I think that a back four of Ballantyne (or Dalzell), Bishop, Russell and Neil looks potentially pretty solid with mobile full backs who can get forward as a bonus.

Middle to front we were excellent yesterday. Irvine and Donaghy gave us plenty of width, some of the quick passing through midfield was a joy to watch and McNeil is a clinical finisher at this level.

Marc Russell's injury has been a big blow for us, as we were solid defensively until he dropped out of the team. I thought we were much better defensively yesterday with Andy Neil in the middle, although we did have a daft defensive 10 minutes at the end of the first half which let Ardeer back into a match that they were potentially going to lose heavily.

Second half we were much better at the back again, especially as we had a low sun in our eyes, and JC Hutchison grabbed every high ball that came near him despite struggling with the sun.

And yes, McNeil will score goals for fun if we keep giving him the service like he had today. I thought Deco played well alongside him as well, and has been doing well in recent weeks without getting much of a mention.

Marc Russell's injury has been a big blow for us, as we were solid defensively until he dropped out of the team. I thought we were much better defensively yesterday with Andy Neil in the middle, although we did have a daft defensive 10 minutes at the end of the first half which let Ardeer back into a match that they were potentially going to lose heavily.

Second half we were much better at the back again, especially as we had a low sun in our eyes, and JC Hutchison grabbed every high ball that came near him despite struggling with the sun.

And yes, McNeil will score goals for fun if we keep giving him the service like he had today. I thought Deco played well alongside him as well, and has been doing well in recent weeks without getting much of a mention.

I agree glensmad with all of the above. Deco has been putting in some fine displays recently as has Ross Ballantyne and Jordon Dalzell. I think if the glens can get some more players to raise there game then the team will improve.

watched the highlights and the 3 pens dismissed i would say they where are pens tbh

watched the highlights and the 3 pens dismissed i would say they where are pens tbh

Just had a look myself, I'd say 2 of the 3 were pens. Second one I just think he's stronger than the striker, the other 2 are definitely penalties though, but that's football.

At the time I thought the first one could be a penalty, the second one was a dive, and I didn't see the third one till the video but it looks like a penalty.

Credit must be given to the glens supporter recording and putting up the highlights every week. I have no doubt these incidents are happening every week around grounds. I thought the over the ball tackle that lead to the glens player being taken off injured that wasn't shown might have shown if it was a red card.

Credit must be given to the glens supporter recording and putting up the highlights every week. I have no doubt these incidents are happening every week around grounds. I thought the over the ball tackle that lead to the glens player being taken off injured that wasn't shown might have shown if it was a red card.

The incident was actually in the video, just before half time as Ross Ballantyne clears the ball and is caught late by Stephen Reid. It looked accidental to me, and Reid was unlucky to get a yellow, but Ballantyne's game was over.

The incident was actually in the video, just before half time as Ross Ballantyne clears the ball and is caught late by Stephen Reid. It looked accidental to me, and Reid was unlucky to get a yellow, but Ballantyne's game was over.

I first seen Reidy playing about 15 years ago and I can't ever remember him injuring anyone. It looked quite a bad one on the video right enough.

Also, I've been trying to track down previous scores of Ardeer versus Glasgow teams. I remember Ardeer winning in Rutherglen, possibly around 1990 and I think it was in the WOS Cup. Can anyone add any details?

I'll check the Glencairn centenary book when I get home this evening, it has all our cup results up to 1996.

It was good to see Stephen Reid talking to Ross Ballantyne near the end of the game as both had been substituted, and there was no bad feeling, Ross knew himself it was an accident.

I'll check the Glencairn centenary book when I get home this evening, it has all our cup results up to 1996.

It was good to see Stephen Reid talking to Ross Ballantyne near the end of the game as both had been substituted, and there was no bad feeling, Ross knew himself it was an accident.

Cheers, I might be wrong about who won. Only a nipper at the time. :)

Archived